Masterpiece Grimlock-Am I too late?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Johnator, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I have been checking TRU constantly in my area for Masterpiece Grimlock since it had a scheduled August release date but I have not once seen him. I do see him at jacked up prices on Ebay though so I was wondering can anyone confirm that he has been released for awhile or is he still pending in most areas? I live in Indiana by the way and our state is known for getting releases later than most.

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Well I just saw him in stores for the first time last tuesday, but then again I hadn't been to Toys R us in a while so I don't know how long he's actually been there.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think you're too late, but the experts in your area would be the active members in your state sightings thread.

4. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    Keep looking, if you check a lot you will most likely find him. I think we will see these at TRU until the holidays hit and people start buying/ scalping real bad. It's too early to worry about.

It's kind of like all the people who rushed to order Thrust,Drift online and now you see them all over, my Targets have them for 9.99 now. Grimlock will be harder to find as a TRU exclusive than most but check early in the morning and every week if you can.

5. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nope not too late at all.....he will be flooding still for a while and trickling down to the harder to find places i think

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I only just saw 3 MP Grimlocks at my local TRU this morning, so he's just starting to show up in small quantities in stores.

So no, you're not too late. Your best bet is to either check out the sightings thread for the state you live in or contact the TRU store(s) in your area to find out if he's in stock, and just keep on trying. Sooner or later, you'll be able to find MP Grimlock.

7. FiendForTF

FiendForTF Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    easy to find imo. these are more aimed for collectors and there are only so many. no average kid or parent will drop $70 on an action figure.

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would so no and if you do give in to ebay.... Why not just buy the Takara release?

9. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

Trust me you are not to late. How i found mine was finding out when my local TRU gets shipments and check that day. Thats what i did and sure enough they had gotten a case in and put all three out since he comes three to a case. This method also saves trouble since you only need to check one day a week. Plus i think scalpers are slowing down on snatching these things up since they are having issues selling him at such inflated rates.

10. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

You need to find out when your local TRU receives their weekly shipment. Ours gets their delivery every Thursday morning except for inventory week, in which case it's Friday. That said, once you know their delivery day, be there BEFORE their doors open and wait till they open. If your the first one there, you'll most likely see it and find it. It took me three tries to get mine and I lucked out. But be careful, they tend to move items around a bit so it might not be in the same place it was last week. I almost missed mine last time because it wasn't placed in the same section it was before. First two weeks it was located on the lowest shelf underneath the movie figures. This time it was at the end caps.
    Basically, know when your local store gets their delivery and be there earliest as possible. That is your best luck.

11. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Yeah. There's definitely plenty of Grimlocks out there for everyone. This isn't gonna be something that should be hard to find at all real soon.

12. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

I found mine this morning. Sometimes you just have to be lucky and beat the scalpers and other collectors. Find out when your local TRU gets shipments in, and be there when the store opens.

13. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, jut go armed with the stock number and you should be fine. It has yet to hit saturation. I am just hoping it does hit saturation on a BOGO weekend, I will back the truck up on that bitch.

14. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

yes they will. Christmas is coming.

15. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Thanks for all the great replies! Sounds like I am maybe jumping the gun a little bit I just don't want to miss out on him. I will check the state sightings. Hopefully he shows up soon. :) 

16. F18Starscream

F18Starscream Commander of the Skies

News Credits:
    Got mine yesterday morning, there was another collector buying the other one after he left there was one left. So go in the morning and you'll find him good luck.

17. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I've been a little worried about finding him too.Then today I actually find one and the top corner is smashed and a bunch of the tape seals are broken,so I left him there in hopes of finding a good one in the future.I'm not paying $70 for something that's damaged.

18. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    You should be able to find a lot more Grimlocks in the future, I stopped by my local TRU on a Thursday evening about a 1/2hr before they were going to close for the night. I was looking at all the ROTF stuff, generations, HFTD etc. and I was ready to leave as I didn't see anything that interested me. I decided to look in the bottom shelf and guess what?? The last Grimlock was on the bottom shelf all the way in the back behind the gathering at the nemesis stuff and the box was in perfect tip top shape. The last one and I picked it up, went up to the cashier and there were at least 3 on hold behind the customer sevice counter. Nice way to end the night with a $70 Grimlock!!! ;) 

19. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I'm almost tempted to get a second one and keep it in Dino-mode. :D 

20. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    I'm tempted to get a second one as well. I've been transforming and generally messing around with Grimlock so much that I'm certain it will eventually break. Definitely the most fun of the Masterpiece line so far.