Masterpiece Gobots

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by HolliMagnus2, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    Heh, I was the same way. Gobots came out first, so like you, I saw Transformers as copy cats. Gobots were the size of Hot Wheels cars, so I thought, “Cool, I can mix them with my Hot Wheels!”. Plus, Transformers had guns, which I thought was stupid, as in my mind robots didn’t need guns.

I remember my mom driving me 40 minutes to the nearest Toys R Us to buy Gobots, but they were sold out. I was hella pissed. Couldn’t find Gobots anywhere. Some time later, my folks took me to that same Toys R Us and surprised me by buying me my first two Transformers, Starscream and Skywarp.

And I freakin LOVED them.

Shortly after that, the Marvel Transformers comic came out, and the cartoon. After that, the Gobots were almost an afterthought to me. Oh sure, I still collected them here and there and watched the Hanna-Barbera cartoon, but I was hooked on Transformers from then on.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ozymandias13

Ozymandias13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked up the li'l Cykill on sale at BBTS for grins, to hopefully work with my 18th dudes and such; and I quite like him. But I assume we were supposed to get TFing instructions for him and the display stand? I ain't get jack and doubt my hazy memories of the v1 Cykill will really help much. Anybody got a scan?

3. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Leader-1 was larger than Cy-Kill on the show, by a good amount.

Leader-1 was one of the larger GoBots, with a force field and strong character. Played big hearted perhaps a bit clueless. He was Captain Carrot, after all.

Cy-Kill was smaller, but had brains, class, style, a gift for alliteration and many gadgets (smoke screens, boomerang tires, stealth devices, mind control, etc.) plus a gigantic pet robotic dragon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

Still holding out hope that someone, someday will do a MP carbot scale Puzzler...o_O 

5. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm still wondering why they haven't it. Seems like a money maker there. But then again, if the current stuff is any indication of what it would cost, I'm not paying $500+ for barely size deluxe figures with average engineering involved.

Now, if a 3P company wanted to do something else not TF related, I have to ask them, what the hell are they waiting for??

6. Rubicon Prime

Rubicon Prime Member

I wonder the same thing almost everyday.

• Like Like x 1