Masterpiece Dirge

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Spark Extractor, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Some major irony, here. Dirge's cockpit will not say planted into the waist in bot mode. Yet Ramjet and Thrust have no problems whatsoever. Can anyone please lead me to the fix for that aspect of the bot? If it doesn't work out, I can return him since there is a return policy. Advice? Thanks in advance.

And hell yes. My Yes Model Dirge knocks the QC crap out of the first party version. I just wanted the first party for collector completion purposes. Ramjet and Thrust feel no problem and fun to transform even if the Yes Model has better QC. So I'm satisfied with them and glad I got them.

Anyhow, any help guys? Thanks again.

2. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    The evidence is below. And no I don’t have any regrets getting him. Cheers.

F7771EE9-0029-43AC-AC52-A33967A294EF.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    He’s so loose he won’t stay attached to be exact. Get a refund?

4. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I don't have Dirge, so I can't help with how to go about fixing him. But you got a really good price on him.

If you can, contact the seller and see if they can give you an exchange rather than a refund. It'd be good to get another copy of Dirge for the same price.

If the only option is a refund I personally would keep this one and try to fix it, because you got it for a reasonable price. You might end up paying more for another copy that could potentially have the same issue (although it seems most Dirges are pretty solid?).

I know on the original MP-11 mould, there are two screws on the sliding black bars that could be tightened to help make the whole mechanism stiffer. Also, coating future in some places of that mechanism might increase overall tightness.

Did you scroll through this whole thread to see if anyone else talks about having a Dirge with the same looseness?

5. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    I tried to search words Cockpit and Chest and nothing came up. On the normal boards. What keywords do you recommend I use? Thank you.

6. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

I haven't gotten around to unboxing my Dirge (and Ramjet, and Thrust), but I wonder if the issue is the lower cockpit? In the other Seekers, there's a part of the front cockpit that requires you to open the canopy, tuck that part in, and then close the canopy to seat it into the waist. If you don't, it doesn't tab down, and you get the same "popped shoulder" look as what you have.

Also, you may wish to check that there's nothing in the way of the sliding screws that hold the upper shoulders/neck to the body.

7. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Welp, no place offers Dirge cheaper. Did get the best damn deal. Next cheapest is $40 more. So I'll just grin and bare it. BUT, I'll still want to see how to improve it. All other seekers including the 5 B-15 Seekers are no problems. Go fig that the one with the best perceived QC is the worst for me. I'm sure he is, I just didn't get lucky on the QC side. But I'm happy for the price .

8. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The conehead remould does indeed remove the tab that the seeker mould has that is supposed to hold the torso assembly onto the waist. But it didn’t work for shit anyway! Just have to hope the sliding mechanism is tight, or if not, improve it yourself by tightening the screws and/or future. Only my original MP-6 and MP-11 are loose there. My 11SW, TC, and all my coneheads are tight.

Or just don’t pick him up by his canopy! I only had 6 and 11 for years, both loose there as I said, so I simply learnt to always pick them up with a finger under their crotch. I therefore don’t honestly know why the loose torso slide is such a big deal for some folk!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    I don’t know why it’s a big deal, either. But it’s there so there you go.

And I’m keeping him as well as Yes Model Dirge.

10. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's why I avoided them altogether.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Just realised Dirge looks like he's trying to stand on the buttons F3 and F12

F3 + F12 = F15

:confused2 

I'm pretty much done with the MP-11 mould for now. If we got an MP-11+ with cartoon Decepticon tampos I'd probably get him, but I'm happy enough going without Starscream for now. Having said that, I think Dirge looks really, really good. Not sure what it is about his colour scheme but I really like it. Would be quite nice to pick up him and Thrust one day to try them out (I gave up at MP-11NR). I think their colour schemes would look great flanking Megatron and Shockwave.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    No regrets. Transformed Ramjet and Thrust and no problems. Dirge also transforms fine, at least. So I’m happy I got them, considering they were closer to Yes Model prices after the exchange rates.

Still can’t deny that the Yes Model ones are the superior build tho.

If anyone else has any ideas, please share and thanks in advance. Cheers.

13. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    G1 Dirge! :bowdown: 

14. Necrobot

Necrobot Mechanoid Vivisectionist

Since BBTS had the Takara Tomy MP-11ND for $129.00 USD, I caved and purchased one last week. He flew in through my mail slot yesterday.

I have not gotten around to transforming the figure yet... but did decide to spend some time photographing the figure in bot-mode, since this is the made that Masterpiece Dirge arrived in!

IMG_20180526_135914~2.jpg
    IMG_20180526_135829~2.jpg

IMG_20180526_140209~2.jpg

Here is is with some other Conehead Seekers of the KO variety. In the images below, MP-11ND is pictured with a YesModel KO Ramjet, and a KuBianBao KO Thrust.

IMG_20180526_135341~2.jpg

IMG_20180526_140533~2.jpg

It becomes more evident that I need a more version of Thrust that is more in line with my Dirge and Ramjet... I have a KuBianBao KO version of Thrust, but might be in the market for a YesModel version since it is closer to the Takara Tomy version, but apparently free of the hip issues that we're reported for some of their MP-11NT figures.

However, once we add some additional third party, season two figures, any issues of figure aesthetic and style conformity seem to melt away.

IMG_20180526_144233~2.jpg

IMG_20180526_145612~2.jpg

I haven't had much time to transform my MP Dirge... hopefully before the long holiday weekend is over I can find some time to transform a few seekers and snap some photos!

Cheers!!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    So babadoo (well known and reliable seller) has a load of new MP Dirge's up for sale on ebay for a decent price as 'bad box' editions - so no aftersales etc for any defects or guarantee of a 'mint' box. I suspect some of the other China sellers offering new items are doing the same.

Has anyone bought one who can report back on what they received?

16. Grimlock212

Grimlock212 Well-Known Member

Quick question on these, how do you close the gap in the shoulder area between the flip up chest missile pieces and the jet intake vents. Mine have a 1 or 2mm gap and I’m not sure how to get rid of that. I think all my MP-11s look like this, so I must be doing something wrong. I just got Dirge new in the box, and I did not transform him. He came in bot mode.

upload_2021-6-1_12-34-49.jpeg

17. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    You have to make sure everything in the abdomen is lined up properly and push down. Sometimes it can be stiff on the edges of the slider and doesn't want to go all the way flush, but you can get it there if you massage it. Push down from the intakes while holding the legs.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Grimlock212

Grimlock212 Well-Known Member

I figured it out. Mine has a manufacturing issue that left a pin sticking out too far which was keeping the pieces from sliding all the way into position. I was able to tweak/modify it enough to get it in, but I cannot seem to get the pin all the way seated without possibly (probably) breaking something. It’s not perfect, but at least he looks good now.

I guess when the new Dirge comes out in two years I can upgrade. :p 

• Like Like x 2