Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Verno, May 7, 2016.
This is a thing of beauty. My god.
Hey everyone, i need some Informations about this.
General, iam not interested in Masterpiece or Beast Wars Figures.
But Cheetor and Rattrap were my Favorite Characters when i saw
Beast Wars as a Child.
I would like to ask:
1) How long does it usually take from a Masterpiece Prototype Figure
to the Final release?
2) What would the Price be? What is the General Price for a Masterpiece Figure right upon Release?
3) is this correct, that the Takara Version (Better Paint Applications)
releases first, and then followed by the Hasbro Version?
Did anyone notice Cheetor's robot feet are on his Cheetah calves?
1) It may take months to release the final. We may sometime next year, but not sure about what season?
2) Masterpiece figure can range from around $100 and up. Depending on how big the figure is.
3) Takara does do better paint. Because sometimes Hasbro can miss a few spots.
Okay, I may have to rethink my BW MP boycott. Primal is meh in my book, but this cold is incredible. I'm not so excited for cheetor, but a tigertron would be a must buy for me. Would be sad to have him lonely on my shelf without his younger sibling and boss monkey. Also, lest we forget, there's also the possibility of an awesome ravage repaint. Having those three would be awesome!
My most wanted BW MPs would be:
I had a thing for preds on that show and the toy versions always sucked. I'd also really like to see some transmetal2 stuff out of the BW line, specifically tigerhawk and megatron. Those two were incredible.
There's no real formula for that, but they go up for pre-order around 5-6 months before release, and the time from seeing the prototype to pre-orders going up is usually between 1-2 months.
Depends on what size they are. Cheetor should be around the height of the Carbots, those are around 7500¥. Japanese online retailers will give you discounts so you'll save a bit, the price you pay should be around 50 bucks.
But Cheetor could be more expensive, Primal is a bit pricey for his size too, so it’s hard to give an exact prediction on the price. I’d say you should be ready for something around 50-70$. +Shipping if you import it from Japan yourself or a little markup if you want to purchase an import from a local retailer.
That's usually the case yes, although official Hasbro Masterpiece releases have been very rare over the last few years, so I'd advise you to not wait for the Hasbro release.
I'm late but oh my god I guess I'm selling off my whole beast wars season one collection
1) Don't know usually, but I don't think this will be released this year, and if it does, then in December at the earliest. Optimus Primal will be end of October (I think), so if G1 Inferno is November then Cheetor could be December. But I don't expect MP Cheetor until early 2017.
2) depends on size and where you buy it. If Cheetor is in the MP carbot range then you'll be looking at $ 80-ish at import stores (BBTS, TFsource), or $ 50-ish at Japanese stores (Anime Export Nippon Yassan)
3) Nope. Hasbro doesn't release every MP released by Takara. Many, but not all. But if they do then they often have less paint and are often more toy based in deco.
If you want it, I'd pre-order the Takara version as soon as it's up for pre-order with the Japanese export stores (cheaper) and wait.
The face sculpts on both beast mode and robot mode look straight from the show.
I wasn't going to get MP Optimus Primal but seeing MP Cheetor I may just have to get him. I can see this going between the $75-$90 range.
Months to a year. Cheetor may not release until this time next year.
Primal is arouns $100, so Cheetor should logically be less, maybe $60-70.
The better paint applications thing is debatable case-by-case, but yes TakaraTomy's release first. Hasbro isn't obligated to release all MPs, and realistically the idea of these BW MPs seeing a Hasbro release is unlikely. And even if they did, they certainly wouldn't have the textured paint apps Primala nd Cheetor would have.
He looks brilliant! I look forward to seeing Cheetor and Primal together. No complaints from me. This does make me think that an MP Lio Convoy or Big Convoy have a much better chance of being produced. What if they did an MP BW II Megastorm and then Hasbro released him as an exclusive MP G2 Megatron?
You can already (sort of) see that here:
Booster Gold, thanks! They are definitely looking great together!
Yeah, thanks Booster! Knowing they were that close together, and NOT yet having found any wide enough shots to compare size was making me nuts!
No problem guys. You prompted me to look for it myself, its good to get an idea of how they look together. The scale seems pretty much spot on to me.
looks like cheetor is a little bit smaller awesome
we need size to be sure
I see what you did there
That gif makes mo wonder if this release will have any chromed parts.
Wonder, and worry.
Nah, no chrome, only metallic paint. Like the one Primal’s rocking already.
I hope you're right.
Separate names with a comma.