Masterpiece Cheetor Color Images!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Verno, May 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Man, why the hell is my cheetor SOOO tight everywhere. I have to apply pressure to like, everything I do. Even transforming his tail gun is crazy. Trying to turn around the gun portion to face forward is so scary because it requires way too much force.
    Any tips on loosening him up? Because he's pretty dangerous right now as is, I think. I have not had cheetor luck, every other masterpiece has come to be basically perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Accept no imitations

News Credits:
    Everyone is gonna say shock oil (for radio Controlled cars). I've never tried it but that will be the answer you'll get...or dishsoap but I didnt find that did much for the tail gun on my Cheetor.

3. TCJJ

TCJJ 121% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Does anyone know if Amazon Japan has the Cheetor reissue or not? I've been watching it and it does seem to be the reissue that's just come in, so I'm ordering with that assumption.
    They've also got in on sale too (just missed Primal's sale by a day though, unfortunately). It was about ¥8000 the other day. Primal was about that on special but now back up to ¥9800.
    https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01K19IM5Y

4. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's the reissue. It uses the Shadow Panther mold with the improved shoulder design.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TCJJ

TCJJ 121% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Cheers, just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting the first version.

I hope Blackarachnia ends up around Cheetors price point. I'm relatively happy with his price (even when it's not on sale).

6. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    Just transformed him. I don’t know the details of the previous QC/design issues but I’ll say that mine seems perfect. They are doing an incredible job with these BW Masterpieces; the designers can go home at the end of the day and look with pride on their work. Seriously.

I don’t have Dinobot (one day) but they’re definitely three for three on the ones I do have. Immaculate.

29A534AE-3B50-43FF-B2AA-F06526577E0C.jpeg 99185676-D38A-4916-BC02-EBE33C38B432.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  7. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Improved?!" Dude, I bought two Shadow Panthers and both of them broke at the left shoulder!

• Like Like x 1
  8. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    Shoulder of the robot mode, or the cat?

9. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

They really are works of art aren't they.

As far as the issues with Cheetor go it's where the yellow bits of plastic connect with pins on his forearm guards that some people have broken him. You basically just want to gently push the yellow pieces themselves into position rather than grabbing the forearm or the guard itself and pulling on those parts so you aren't putting any pressure on the connection point. Just be gently with the other places where he's got quite thin plastic too like the hinge for his pelvic plate and the moving panels on his tail gun. I wouldn't call them QC issues, he's fragile in certain areas but with care you can avoid any breakages.

You would have found this out pretty soon yourself anyway, but take a look at Cheetors legs in robot mode. You can do a few more steps to transform them so that the mechanical blue details land on the outside of his legs and the ankle rockers will also be in a more useful orientation for poses as well.

edit: Oh and the improved shoulders, refers to the top blue spherical robot mode shoulders, in you're pics they're nice and flush. The original release didn't tab in all the way smoothly, then Shadow Panther came along with improved tabs so a lot of us are glad t see the reissue of Cheetor got the new shoulders.

• Like Like x 3
  10. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    Thank you! Yes, I had read about someone snapping off the arm guards so I was very careful with those so as not to put too much pressure on them.

11. crazee928

crazee928 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol i saw primal for that price too a couple days ago but slept on it, then was going to order it last night just to see the price increase :-( i guess i’ll try waiting for the next sale

12. TCJJ

TCJJ 121% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Appreciate the tips. Gotta treat this carefully, I guess. Hopefully it's not too fragile...
    I think I missed it by mere hours. :( 

It appears they sold out of the stock because the sale is still on for all the other stuff, and I'm pretty sure it was direct from Amazon when it was on sale (which the lowest price no longer is).

Here's hoping they restock it soon. I've waited so long to get him so I can wait a bit longer. Glad I waited on Cheetor though, since they improved him. Now if only they can improve Dinobot with the upcoming reissue.

• Like Like x 1
  13. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    I’m in your position, too. I didn’t know about the whole AJ preorder thing with Dinobot, so I never got him. I jumped on it with Megatron. It stings a bit since Dinobot is my favourite character, but I just can’t pay the price he’s going for now.

I’m waiting to see how the IT Dinobot turns out. If the prices drop on the original like people seem to think they will when the KOs drop, I’ll pull the trigger on whichever one looks and feels the best.

14. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    Have they confirmed a reissue of Dinobot yet? Personally, I’m not going to buy a knockoff for these.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    Hasbro Asia has a preorder open on American TF stores sites. I have mine pre ordered through TCP.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    But not Amazon Japan yet, correct?

17. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Fellow Seibertronian Emerje has reached out to us to let us know that Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot is getting reissued. This is great news to many fans who do not want to pay the very hgh secondary market prices for this item. Right now, only local importers have preorders for this item for $280 USD. It is a matter of time before Japanese retailers have preorders too, if that is what you preffer... The reissue's tentative release is around June 2019.

Found this on Seibertron.com and the person I get my MP's off has said Dinobot's due to be reissued in June as well. I hope you guys get to add him to the collection soon.

• Like Like x 2
  18. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    You transformed his feet backward?

5:55

• Like Like x 2
  19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So rather than buy a whole new Cheetor just to get fixed shoulders, I took them apart to see just what was creating the gap. Inside the shoulders is a small curved slope below the actual tabs that cusps the ring where the shoulder rotates outwards for articulation. The other half has the opposite shape carved into it, with the intention that these create an unbroken, solid space once the shoulder is in the bot mode position. Minute, and I mean virtually invisible, curves and imperfections on the top of this tiny protrusion are what stop the shoulders from clicking flush. I sanded it down, barely dragging my Emory board across the top, and very carefully shaved a hair of plastic between the pegs that are supposed to clip it together. It closed flush with an audible click. The second shoulder I needed to thicken the tabs a bit for grip, but again it was the inside of the shoulder causing resistance.

Can anyone with the reissue unscrew the biceps and shoulders to show what the new inner shoulder joint looks like? I’d love to know if TT adjusted the minute differences or redesigned the inner part entirely.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    Evidently yes! Thanks - I probably wouldn’t have noticed that if you hadn’t pointed it out. I was wondering why the gun wasn’t clipping in the back per the instructions.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.