Digibash: MASTERPIECE BRAINSTORMING DIGIBASH STUDIO

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by chchchch, Nov 7, 2018.

1. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    After posting several digibashes in the 35th Anniversary Optimus Prime thread and receiving complaints from a miniscule but vocal minority :lol  that such images constituted neither news nor discussion of news, I've decided to create this thread for people to post their Masterpiece discussion-related digibashes! The general focus is to provide visual speculation pertaining to the Masterpiece line, including any and all of the following:
    • digibashes of Masterpiece prototypes intended to speculate about the final product's deco and appearance;
    • digibashes of Masterpiece products illustrating possible repaints/redecos/retools that could be released in the future, or even unlikely variants that the artist would like to be produced; and/or
    • digibashes providing comparisons between toys or illustrating the possible transformation scheme of an upcoming release.
    However, these are just the main themes; I would like people to feel free to post anything that they feel is relevant to whatever sub-conversation they are having, as long as it adheres to the rules for all TFW2005 forums!

To get things started, here are all of the digibashes I created for the aforementioned thread. Look for more soon!

Digibashes from the Optimus Prime v3 page in Figure King 247:
    All of these except for two are based on either repaints of previous Masterpiece Optimus Prime figures or represent different guesses as to what the final coloring of the main release will be.

My best guess for the actual coloring of the main release, intended to be toon-accurate:
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash 1 Anime Average.jpg

A toon-accurate version but with the more faded/muted colors seen in many shots/episodes:
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash 2 Anime Muted.jpg

A toon-accurate version but with the very bright/saturated colors seen in many shots/episodes:
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash 3 Anime Bright.jpg

A The Transformers: The Movie-accurate version:
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash 4 Anime Movie.jpg

A toon-accurate version like the first, but with the off-model white backpack seen in AKOM-animated episodes:
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash 5 Anime AKOM.jpg

Optimus Prime deco'ed with solid gold chrome representing an Electrum coating as seen in the episode The Golden Lagoon:
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash 6 Anime Golden Lagoon.jpg

Optimus Prime deco'ed with solid silver/pewter-ish chrome representing the Hate Plague-resistant metallic coating as seen in the two-part episode The Return of Optimus Prime:
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash 7 Anime Anti-Hate Plague.jpg

Optimus Prime in "sleep mode" (i.e., he's dead) with the coloring seen in The Transformers: The Movie:
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash 8 Anime Sleep Mode.jpg

Optimus Prime in "sleep mode" with the coloring (and simulated greebles) of the MP-4S figure:
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash 9 MP-4S.jpg

Nemesis Prime (evil clone of Optimus Prime):
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash 10 Nemesis.jpg

Evil Shattered Glass (comic book universe) Optimus Prime:
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash 11 Shattered Glass.jpg

Optimus Prime from the Neon Genesis Evangelion crossover, previously seen in the MP-10 EVA repaint:
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash 12 Eva.jpg

BAPE (A Bathing Ape clothing company tie-in) Red Camo:
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash 13 BAPE Red.jpg

BAPE Green Camo:
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash 14 BAPE Green.jpg

BAPE Black Camo:
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash 15 BAPE Black.jpg

Optimus Prime with the Year of the Horse deco seen in the Thrilling 30 toy:
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash 16 YOTH.jpg

Optimus Prime deco-ed in white with 7-11 branding (also sneakily homaging the G1 Ultra Magnus toy):
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash 17 7-11.jpg

The anticipated "+" version homaging the original G1 toy (a la MP-36+):
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash 18 G1 Toy.jpg

Homage to the Fire Guts God Ginrai repaint of Powermaster Optimus Prime:
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash 19 Fire Guts Ginrai.jpg

And finally a female version of Optimus Prime created by my daughter, dubbed Pinktimus Purple Prime :)  :
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash 20 Pinktimus Purple Prime.jpg

A few digibashes of the truck alt mode from one of the Wonderfest photos:

MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash Truck Movie.jpg
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash Truck Movie Thrust Toon.jpg
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Bash Truck Movie MP11NT.jpg

Happy digibashing!!!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 29
  2. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Whew, I didn't realize all that heavy work you did, until you brought all in together!:thumb 

Awesome work all round, never the less! :buttrock :bowdown: :music :dj :drool: 

• Like Like x 3
  3. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Haha thanks man! I'm no professional and I didn't originally set out to do more than one, but I found it a little bit addictive and there's so many freaking MP-10 repaints out there...nothing I like better than a complete collection! :thumb 

• Like Like x 2
  4. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    A new digibash of truck mode from another Wonderfest photo. This is my best guess for how they will color it if they are trying to make alt mode as toon accurate as possible, so no silver stripes on the cab or silver paint on the window frames and wheel wells, etc. I did violate this for the windshield wipers, side mirrors, and the gate things on the undercarriage of the trailer because they don't appear on the animation model, and I think Takara will still go for a slightly realistic/balanced look (MP-33 has black windshield wipers for example). The Wonderfest display has a sickly green lighting, so I did emulate that on the toy itself so that it wouldn't look out of place, even though it messes up the colors a little bit:

MP Optimus Prime V3 Truck Toon Lit.jpg

Here's another version where I sloppily tried to pull the green lighting out of the rest of the image and left Optimus's coloring "pure:"

MP Optimus Prime V3 Truck Toon Pure.jpg

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 14
  5. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    G1 Toy Version (with and without original green lighting):

MP Optimus Prime V3 Truck Toy Lit.jpg
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Truck Toy Pure.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  6. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Welp, I'll be out of commission for a few days--a tragedy occurred involving water and my laptop. :(  Not that anyone's on the edge of their seat waiting for the next post, ha.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Those really suck, dude.:thumbdown  That and just hardware crashing permanently, both suck. I'm sorry to hear that.:rip 

• Like Like x 3
  8. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Yeah, and I needed a new laptop anyway, but I assumed I would have some overlap time between the two! Oh well, should be back up and running tonight. Telling myself: very tiny problem in the grand scheme of things. Thanks for the condolences!

• Like Like x 2
  9. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    New computer obtained and files were not lost! To celebrate I've improved the chrome on the wheels for all of the previous truck digibashes (I'm still not thrilled with the bumper or smokestacks, but I'll keep working on them), and here's a new MP-10 style one with extra silvery stripey parts!

MP Optimus Prime V3 Truck MP10 Lit.jpg
    MP Optimus Prime V3 Truck MP10 Pure.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  10. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Might as well wring all I can out of these layers and masks...here is Diaclone Battle Convoy! I suppose if Takara really makes this version they will still put Autobot faction symbols on him as with the other Diaclone MP repaints, but I decided to keep it pure for this. And if anyone comes across a really high-res, clean photo/scan of the "DIACLONE" trailer sticker, I'd love to know about it to make this look better!

MP Optimus Prime V3 Truck Diaclone Lit.jpg

MP Optimus Prime V3 Truck Diaclone Pure.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  11. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Oh man! I was excitedly working on a G2 Ramjet digibash inspired by an exchange with @deruberhanyok, but then I came across this insane custom by a TFW2005 member:

Masterpiece G2 Ramjet
    20170611_205452.jpg

This is perfect, I feel there is no point in continuing. I'm so depressed :cry  :lol 

For the record, here's all the further I got, haha (based from a photo used with permission by Tony Bacala). On to more variations of v3 Prime, I suppose!
    MP Ramjet G2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

I would buy the heck out of this figure!

• Like Like x 2
  13. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Sounds like it was a commissioned work--maybe he would make another for you! Yikes, I shudder to think how much something like THAT would cost, not even considering the hefty price of MP-11NR itself!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    MP-11NR WP (Wrong Pants) Edition...

... a bape tie-in that you have to buy purple hammer pants to be eligible to purchase.

• Like Like x 2
  15. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Here is my rendition of a Marvel Comics Megatron. I've seen several (great) customs of this deco, but I would want it to have this completely unrealistic amount of chrome!

Marvel Megatron.jpg

Original MP-36 photo used with permission from Tony Bacala.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 13
  16. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Or, here is what we'd probably get; a flat-painted version. Which is also not a bad thing.

Marvel Megatron Flat.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  17. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Jesus man. This is just incredible. All of it. Just amazing. This has to be one of my favourite digibash threads of all time. I gotta get back and do some more.

But all the prime’s are fantastic.
    Clever thought in all the toon different ones. I’m sure whichever is released everyone will be angry about the other one not being done lol.
    The sleep mode is great as well. Miles better than the original however your rendition does look good.
    Nice to finally see someone do the silver deco from the Return of Optimus Prime. It looks incredible.
    The Evangelion is particularly well done. I really hope they do that one again. Along with the other Evangelion units. I’m not sure if they’d all be prime or other characters but it’d be great.
    Year of the Horse one is a total Pimp and it’s great.
    The toy deco is also excellent if not a bit funny with the old head on there. I’m sure it’d be a more unique sculpt on the offical + release.
    And the fire guts is a stunner. Such an amazing deco that translates well to any already excellent prime figure.

Now I’m not sure if you do requests but I do have a couple of ideas for the prime.
    1. A G2 toy inspired deco. Would be similar to the toy deco in a lot of ways but more like the g2 variant. So it has a black trailer with Optimus prime on the side and have a yellow autobot label on his leg or the back of the truck. And the backpack would be black with a big autobot symbol like the light and sound power pack.
    2. Lastly would be a comic book styled deco. With a very bright red and blue and that nice chrome or flat white like megatron. The gun would also be in that lavenderish purple.

• Like Like x 3
  18. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Wow, thank you man!!! That means an incredible amount to me. I'd love to see your work too and by all means please post it in this thread if you want!! I'd love to get a regular crew of people doing these going on here.

It also means a lot that you appreciate the Prime ones a fellow digibasher, because that image is a noisy muddy nightmare to work with! But it's the only official image where his face isn't hidden in shadow and it's got all the nice poses, so I kept going back to it.

I absolutely want requests! I just haven't solicited for them because I don't want to sound like I'm assuming everyone thinks these are amazing works of art and wants more (I am definitely an amateur), but I really enjoy working on things that I know people want to see. And I'm indeed already working on a G2 truck mode, but now you've inspired me to do a robot mode too! For some reason it wouldn't even have occurred to me to replace the backpack with the big sound pack (even though I know the toy could do that), but now that seems like a must-have. I wonder if I should leave the toy head on there or use the new head sculpt? Maybe both!

I'll do the comic book version as well! For some reason I keep forgetting about that as a possible Prime variant.

Thanks again for the kind words and ideas!!! :thumb 

• Like Like x 2
  19. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Alright, revisiting MP Marvel Megatron one more time after talking with @Booster Gold--here is a version without the literal blue shades that is probably closer to what the artist was trying to convey (though TT may not paint it that way in the unlikely event that they actually make this ;)  ). I left some grey-blue patches on there to give it a little more depth, but I've been staring at it for too long to tell if that's still being too slavish to the ink colors; maybe it would be more accurate to leave them white.

Marvel Megatron Artist Intent.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  20. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I’m glad it meant a lot to you. I started off doing some digibahses but I’ve been on a really prolonged break. If you want you can check them out. I’ve got a link to my thread in my signature. I could even do some MP stuff and put it here. I do have some nice ideas I wanna do like the kiss players, the Evangelions and Browning.

And yeah that image is pretty rough to try and work around. You’ve done very well though. I’m sure if I took enough time I could as well.

But this is pretty top tier for an “amateur” man. I mean some just have lucky starts but if you commit to it and take joy in it the work really shows. And I’ve always thought that the light and sound power pack was at least inspiring to the MP. I mean it’s probably where all the sounds are on the figure. And as far as the head is concerned I think you could design something the way the offical + megatron is designed. The indicative shapes and features but proportional to the figure. So it’d have more pronounced yet flat “ears”, bigger eyes and a sharper mouth plate towards the bottom with vents. Or just the head in the head with different colours and details. Either works.

• Like Like x 2