Masterpiece Beast Wars Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dachande, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    That crotch says it all- This is BS!

2. PloverNutter

PloverNutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nostalgia plays a big part in the MP line from what I can see, especially Japanese nostalgia. Looking at the list of MPs released, a good chunk of all the redecos of are diaclone releases that predate Transformers itself. There is Tigertrack, Clampdown, Cordon, Spinout, Exhaust, Road Rage, Loudpedal, Delta Magnus, Burning Convoy, Shadow Panther, Reboost, and Crosscut, all of whom are MP figures based on originally Japanese exclusive toys. Not to mention Star Saber and Lio Convoy who are both new molds based on Japanese exclusive characters. Hell the Trainbots are all Japanese exclusive figures and they are going to be he first ever combiner MP.

That is why I don't see a BW Grimlock happening ever frankly or any non-Japanese based deco, even if the new Kingdom figures are being released in Japan.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vaikyuko

Vaikyuko Transmetal

Can someone give me a countdown of the 14 MPs? Maybe I'm not understanding but I can't figure which ones people are counting in how we've gotten to that number.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    2 seekers
    3 Honda’s
    1 Nightbird
    1 Cliffjumper
    1 Skyfire
    6 train bots
    14 G1 releases

• Like Like x 2
  5. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    The fact that G1 MPs do have Diaclone designs to draw from is a reason why I think TT will do a Grimlock. BW doesn't have a Diaclone of it's own to utilise, so it needs to use what it can.

Shall we put it to a Gentleman's Bet?

6. jackisking

News Credits:
    Wouldnt they just do a new G1 Grimlock. You're not convincing G1 buyers to pick him up because his name is Grimlock and people who get both are probably not likely with the upcoming schedule to drop $230-250 for some obscure American repaint.It seems like BW was designer descrection and Ono simply doesnt have the same goals as Kobayashi. He'll work them in but obviously doesnt care about alternating like the last designer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    It's not about alternating, it's simply about news. We know of potential plans for the next 14 G1 MPs, but not a word about the next BW MP. It's an odd disparity, made more so by the fact this is the 25th Anniversary.

New mould, redeco or retool, just give us some BW MP news.

With regards to Grimlock, if they want to do a new G1 MP Grimlock, all power to them. I'm simply talking about some low hanging fruit in terms of a BW MP redeco that could help the disparity mentioned above.

8. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    MP54 Reboost... MP56 Cliffjumper... They're both red... Put together the first letters of their names and you get RC... What's the MP in the middle? MP55 nightbird a repaint of Arcee... RC... Arcee... Girl transformer... Airrazor is another girl transformer, this is also a bird and can fly... Terrorsaur flies... And is red... MP58 Terrorsaur confirmed!!!

• Like Like x 5
  9. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If takara is done with Beast Wars masterpiece, I'd be fine with a Haslab campaign for each figure. Just gimme something dammit.

10. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    I love how your brain works.
    All aboard the hype train!

• Like Like x 1
  11. PloverNutter

News Credits:
    I accept.

That is another reason I don't think BW Grimlock will happen, he shares the same name as an much more popular G1 character and is unknown in Japan. BW Megs is an exception because he was a show character, that is why his MP only had Japanese voice clips unlike Prime 3.0 which had both Japanese and English. BW Grimlock is simply not well known enough in Japan to warrant a new release.

I still don't think Jetfire/Skyfire and the Trainbots are going to release anytime soon. That Armada Prime prototype figure was shown off how many years ago with no news? I wouldn't be surprised if all 7 get scrapped due to price or complexity and quietly forgotten by Takara. The Trainbots were announced two years ago and this year they showed a basic 3d rendering, not even a prototype.

As for possible decos, the only one I can think of that could really sell well is Predacon Rhinox since that was in the show at least.

12. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

Man I still don’t get why hasbro hasn’t released a repaint of mp dinobot in bw grimlock colors. Also why haven’t they released a clear optimus primal since the released the burning convoy variant

13. luigi7mew2

luigi7mew2 Well-Known Member

We may never know :(  I would love a Grimlock (repainted Dinobot).

14. Rdfnd1253

it baffles me as it’s easy money and definitely would sell. Heck another reissue of dinobot himself would sell. I kind of wish the ko companies would do it then. Hasbro could also do a flocked or feather version

15. luigi7mew2

luigi7mew2 Well-Known Member

Tell me about it. When I saw Shadow Panther was coming out, I for sure thought Grimlock was a shoe-in. And yes, reissues I am shocked haven't been a thing. Like you said, "easy money." The demand is out there. Hope they don't turn into Storm Collectibles. Finally got a "reissue" of a figure and it's all remodeled and new accessories. Sigh. Wow, flocked or feathered?! That would be unique!

16. jackisking

News Credits:
    Doubt they would have been "easy money" the last general release mp-38 bombed pretty bad at release. In total the few repaints they have done have probably sold well enough to make them reconsider any future repaints as a priority. A Lio repaint with Minerva is probably the best chance for a BW repaint.

17. Rdfnd1253

what reprints have they done that anyone has really cared to even want? The burning primal is more Japanese collectors want, the repaint of primal into his convoy colors is again targeted to the Japanese market, and then shadow panther where he in the west no one really cared about that character as he wasn’t a part of beast wars here. Had they done repaint a of characters better known in the western market, they’d definitely sell better. The name grimlock alone, would probably get a butt load of generation one collectors to buy it as well as hardcore beast wars fans such as myself.

18. PloverNutter

News Credits:
    MP figures are made by Takara, a Japanese company, for the Japanese market. That is why every non-show character repaint of a figure is either inspired by a Diaclone figure that never released in the West or, in the case of BW MPs, Japanese exclusive BW figures. MP figures being sold in the West is just bonus money for Takara, not their goal.

All you have to do is look at the MP packaging to understand this. Every MP box has everything in Japanese on it other than "Transformers" logo and the figure's name, while the name is an English translation of the Japanese name; i.e. Convoy not Optimus Prime, Lambor not Sideswipe, Cheetus not Cheetor, and so on. The instructions are entirely in Japanese as well. For comparison, Bandai started to focus on the Western market in 2015 for their Gundam model kits. Bandai began having both Japanese and English translations on both the boxes and the instructions for all their model kits. They also started producing more Gundam Wing model kits, especially the TV versions of the main suits, each year because that series is big in the West but not Japan, at least not the TV series. For context it is rare for Bandai to return to an older series other than the original series or SEED continuity so this clearly indicates Bandai's new focus on the Western market.

Takara didn't start making the BW MP line to capitalize the western market, they made it because their version of BW is popular in Japan. This is why the only BW repaints were focused on the Japanese market, why BW Megs only had the Japanese voice clips, and why Lio Convoy was made when he is one of two MP molds based on a Japanese exclusive figures. Takara is never going to do redecos of Western only releases for a Japanese collector market, they would just lose money.

• Like Like x 1
  19. er4smiths

er4smiths MP Grimlock v2.0

News Credits:
    I sure hope they do an MP Big Convoy to go with MP Lio

• Like Like x 3
  20. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    At this point I’ll be more surprised if they don’t! They can’t just give us all BW season 1 and be done. Big convoy will be thrown in somewhere in the next 2-3 years I bet. And it’s going to be more than epic! I’m just curious what the scale will be. I’d prefer a grander presence on my shelf. But I think he’ll be around Lio and primal’s height.

• Like Like x 3