Masterpiece Beast Wars Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dachande, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

We had a Masterpiece Beast Wars line, but were speculating about one day having a generations line.

Little did we know, both was asking too much.

• Like Like x 7
  2. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Honestly! It’s been almost 10 months since Tigatron was released.

There’s 11 G1 MP’s in the pipeline, and not a word on anything Beast Wars. That’s no good.

MPM is also only getting 1 new mold this year, instead of the usual 2. Sources have said that HasTak will “make up for it” next year.

Fingers crossed the same will apply to Beast Wars Masterpieces. Megatron and Blackarachnia need reinforcements bad!

• Like Like x 6
  3. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Without masterpieces, I don't really have much reason to buy anything official. The mainline stuff doesn't do it for me.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I still haven’t seen the BW show and I was only buying the BW MPs because they look great and because I’m a completionist that gets annoyed when I’m missing an MP number. But I’m running out of shelf space and that combined with no announcements for new characters caused me to put all my BW MPs up for sale. But I’m still really on the fence and I’m thinking about removing my ad.

I really wish TT would give some hints on what their plans are. I suspect that Raiden having 6 bots to design has put some other MPs on hold because they don’t have enough staff to do any more right now. I also think that’s why we are getting all three seekers this year. So maybe once Raiden is mostly done they will start working on BW stuff again?

I’m really torn on whether or not to sell at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  5. lord ginrai

News Credits:
    Keep em dude! Unless you really need the money.

They’re such gorgeous and awesome toys, definitely worth hanging on to and enjoying.

And I’m sure TT will get back to making more next year :) 

• Like Like x 4
  6. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am 100% G1 Sunbow ride ‘til I die.

That said: The beast wars MPs are better.

Keep in mind all that I say is subjective: Maybe not better engineered as far as each series goes, but definitely better. Yes we have G1 MPs that have redefined toy engineering. Inferno, sunstreaker, bee 2.0 (I’m a fan. Crucify me), 44/36, and hound (all my hounds broke. It fucking sucks but the engineering is out of this world).

but the quality of the BW MPs is phenomenal. The liquid transfer of digital paint apps for this line makes me want to jump up and down. It’s almost unheard of for a toy company to do this. It’s a bigger deal that most understand. The molding on Dinobot and megatron is also way more than most give credit to. The EXACT molding of the Dino skin is impeccable. It’s rather costly to do that and it looks amazing. Only when you look at primal or Cheetor and think about what the preds would look like with smooth plastic can you see why they did it. The team that did the BW figures WERE PASSIONATE. They unfortunately do look like big headed toys. That’s just the way the character models were rendered. But the MPs are legit flawless.

In my opinion. Watch the show. I know you have the time to fit that into any schedule. Get to the end of season 2. If you want to watch a little more feel free. But get to the end of season 2. Whatever you do don’t put it on as background noise. Don’t do that and say ‘it wasn’t good’. I know the first 7 eps aren’t really great looking. But people say it’s rather amazing for a reason don’t you think? And if you still don’t care about them then feel free to make a tidy profit on just primal alone. They’re really going up in price.

All this said I think someone would really regret selling them. Not everyone but most. It takes a very specific collector/fan to just dismiss the BW era after investing into it at cost. Even the most skeptical fan can be won over wholeheartedly after finishing the first season.

• Like Like x 3
  7. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dinobot is one of the best toys ever made. I mean that with full gravitas. I’m very excited for more BW MPs. I’d prefer not to wait too long but it seems we have to. Maybe 2022 will through some cool stuff at us. 2021 isn’t the first dry year. We’ve staved off worse!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

You guys are really twisting my arms here! I'm really on the fence but I'm leaning more towards keeping them now. They do look very impressive in bot mode. The sculpt and paint apps won me over back when I bought them. Megatron and Tigatron in particular look amazing to me. And yes, the last time I sold Primal I got around $120 CAD but now he's going for over $300 for some reason which is crazy. For the BW figures I was planning to sell it's $1400 CAD which is not a small amount of cash.

But as far as quality, I have not had great luck with them. Nothing to warrant a return, but annoying things. My first run versions of Primal and Cheetor both had design issues in the shoulders so I eventually sold them and replaced them with the fixed reissues. My reissue Primal has paint issues but behind his head. Dinobot needed lubrication in the shoulder ratchets but seems to work fine now. I also had to tighten his ankles so he could stand up. And his paint is so fragile I don't touch him much because mine is still perfect. And his transformation is pretty awful. Not fun at all. Actually the transformation is an issue on all of the BW MP's in my opinion. They are all pretty fiddly. Part of the clip to attach Blackarachnia to the web broke but it still works. My Megatron, MP-38 Primal and Lio Convoy are all pretty much perfect. I was actually planning to keep MP-38 and 48 because I think they both look stunning.

And yes, I've been meaning to watch BW with my son at some point but there's always something else he wants to watch more. But I will work on it! As far as I know the show was made in Canada so it may be my patriotic duty to watch it. By the way in Canada the show was called Beasties which is a terrible name! I was definitely one of the TF fans that hated BW when it first came out so I think I've come a long way. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  10. luigi7mew2

luigi7mew2 Well-Known Member

I wish I can find those accessories. Looks so good!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I was able to get it off of Uncle Billy a few weeks ago. I don't think it's there right now, but if you keep checking it might pop up again.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    I'm yet to partake in any 3P MP accessories. The figures already come with enough stuff I don't want, need or use :p 

Should the MP line delve into Season 2 designs down the track (only once Season 1 is completed, of course), it will be interesting to see if TT might release a battle damaged/Code of Hero version of Dinobot, complete with some Season 2-inspired weapons like Stormbreaker and his guns from Coming of the Fuzors.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

It was the only time I grabbed one myself. It just felt right.

• Like Like x 2
  14. luigi7mew2

luigi7mew2 Well-Known Member

Oh! Never heard of that place, I'll keep an eye out, thanks!

I can see where you're coming from! I would LOVE to see that. However in my financial case, I can't afford $200 for essentially a re-issue or for lack of a better term, another variant, of Dinobot. I try not to get too into different colors or upgraded models of figures, especially pricey ones like MP.
    On a side note: I just wish Takara would get it right the first time and shouldn't need to re-release the same figures, but with tweaked or updated models, but that's with a lot of companies.

15. Verno

News Credits:
    Yeah, it would certainly be tempting, but it's a big investment for what is, as you say, just a retool variant.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Verno

News Credits:
    Make that 12 :( 

• Like Like x 4
  17. lord ginrai

News Credits:
    Yuuuuup. Even though she isn't a new mold, the fact that Nightbird will come out before Raiden and Skyfire does give me some hope that we won't have to wait for them to be released before we see another BW Masterpiece.

With the 25th anniversary here in Japan next year, I have faith that TT has something in store for us.
    If not, I might just grab the shinkansen to Tokyo to punch someone in the nose.

Fun fact: TakaraTomy only has 509 employees. That's 1/10th of Hasbro! I had no idea how small of a company they actually are.

• Like Like x 4
  18. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    Wait are the Trainbots being released separately?? Now I don't think there will be anything BW MP related until 2024.

19. Dinotrap

Dinotrap BEAST WARS FOREVER!

News Credits:
    All these Characters left and we still haven’t gotten a single one since Tigatron :( 
    C7646AE4-2615-462F-B490-F2D252A97A2F.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  20. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    The struggle is real, but I continue to hope. Waspinator, Inferno, Rattrap, and Rhinox need to happen with Tarantulas, terrorsaur, Scorponok, and Airazor close behind.

• Like Like x 2