Masterpiece Beast Wars Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dachande, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    It’s such a beautiful piece. I love mine like it’s an MP which is why I don’t particularly feel the urgency to get him any time soon but it will still be a glorious day when he comes. That rhino beast mode alone will be a show stealer.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dinotrap

Dinotrap The bw collector

News Credits:
    Collage updated. I hope we see another Pred or two soon :D 
    2E04B90B-A557-4808-AE2F-3EB43AB08FA0.jpeg 3945B18C-7FE8-4FE3-AA61-FFBBD70C79B8.jpeg
    Bonus collage if your like me and consider these masterpieces as well :p 
    BC8F492F-6804-4446-B8C3-49A0421067FC.jpeg 507738A0-6379-4810-B05A-DF5067BB2F31.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Primal made Legends Rhinox out of place, lol.

• Like Like x 3
  4. JustineBW

JustineBW Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  5. mykkE

mykkE Well-Known Member

I 100% agree! As much as I love Rhinox I feel he can be last because if this piece.

6. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have the hard heroes Rhinox too, but he doesn't transform and he's my favorite character, so I'm hoping he comes out sooner rather than later. For me, Waspinator can be last. Generations Waspinator is already 90% of the way there.

7. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Rattap is next.

8. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you still just riding the "It's the Year of the Rat, they can't let this opportunity pass" train, or do you have some substantial information here?

9. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Just wild baseless conjecture.

10. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

So, pre-order for the tiger is up at AE for about 150 euro.

I absolutely love the look of him, I lament the absence of good Tigatron in my collection (just the Botcon version), but I'm still very hesitant. Price being high is one thing, but today I looked at my BW collection again and the few BW MP's, and I really don't like the size of the BW MP's.

The BW characters are small and the MP's pretty big. I can accept Primal (since I already used the Ultra Primal as my Optimus Primal) and Blackarachnia might just work (if the legend had been a smidge bigger I would've gone with that), but Tigatron is a big boy. I guess I really don't want to replace the BW collection I have with MP's, especially since I just know the majority of them won't be made into MP.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly, I wouldn't be so sure that they won't make all S1 designs, and possibly even some S2. Before he passed, TCracker (may he rest in peace :(  ) and I spoke often of our love of this line, and he had mentioned that there would be "more of the S1 cast made that people would imagine" and when I asked if he was saying the full cast, all I got was ";) " SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO.... I wouldn't be so shocked that the full S1 cast gets done at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    So rather than something that pops out of his forearm, Tigatron's wrist-rockets look to be a separate accessory that attaches to his arm. For the Rattrap fans out there, this would suggest no forearm panels to house his bombs. If Tigatron's forearms aren't big enough to do it, Rattrap's certainly won't be.

Unless they maybe went diecast for strength, but even then, they'd be minuscule and fiddly.

• Like Like x 2
  13. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    I'd love to get Rattrap next but after them doing 3 Maximals in a row (including 1 TT Mall exclusive), I'm expecting a Predacon next.

14. Verno

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm expecting two Preds and a Maximal next year. Big year for BW MP!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Thats a good point. I wouldn't really count Burning Convoy due to him being an exclusive, I'd stick to main line numbered releases as pluses and so on are extras on top of that. So we've had:

2016: 1 Maximal (MP-32 Primal)
    2017: 2 Maximals (MP-34 Cheetor, MP-38 Primal)
    2018: 1 'Maximal' (MP-41 Dinobot)
    2019: 2 Predacons (MP-43 Megatron, MP-46 Blackarachnia)
    2020: 2 Maximals (MP-48 Lio Convoy, MP-50 Tigatron)

So... the odds are they'll still go for Maximals over Predacons even if it feels like they should want to even up the numbers (they never do). Maybe one of each in 2021? In that case hummm.... I still think/hope we might get Rattrap or have him announced before the year is out(I'm pinning my hope on the year of the rat think but... I know its just wishful thinking on my part). I just think he is the obvious next 'top tier' character, he'll pair really well with Dinobot and make the Axalon crew almost complete. However I'd say its about just as likely... maybe even more so that it is Big Convoy or someone else from BWII or Neo, I think TT will continue to mine the big money characters regardless of which show they come from.

For second release... let's say it had to be a Pred(it doesn't but lets say it does). I could see it being Inferno, Terrorsaur or Tarantulas but less so Scorponok... that might be my own bias talking but I just don't think Scorpy has enough appeal... of course I could be totally wrong. I dont think they'll be ablut to stop themselves from doing Tarantulas now they've done such a good job on Tigatron, the challenge to 're-engineer' a brad new spider-bot will be too great. Waspinator of course is a high probability but, even though i don't subscribe to the theory myself, the Generations figure is a good stand in and maybe they will hold off on him.

As for exclusives and so on, we will almost definitely see a Lio Convoy repaint (flash?) with the previously 'leaked' Artemis mini figure... past that is anyones guess really... a Dinobot or Megatron repaint? I Tigatron one?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

Oh, I also think (or expect) they'll make all the season 1 characters as MP. And that would give me outside of Cheetor, Dinobot, Primal and Blackarachnia, also an Inferno, Waspinator Airazor, Tigatron and Rhonix. (=9) But not interested in the other season 1 characters or versions.

But my interest (and current collection) expands beyond season 1 or is even explicitely not season 1. Transmetal Rattrap, transmetal Megatron, Depth Charge, Rampage, Silverbolt, Quickstrike, Tarantulas?

And then there's the non-series figures like B'Boom, Primal Prime, BM Dinotron, botcon Ape-Linq, Big Convoy/U Nemesis Prime and Universe Striker.

So season 1 MP's would five me 9 figures from my current collection, and I'd be missing more than twelve. And the new ones would be more expensive and take up a lot more space (and be more fiddly to handle). Doesn't seem like a trade I'd be willing to make. Nor would I want to limit myself to just the season 1 cast/versions.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Lizard Lips

Lizard Lips Active Member

I've decided to indulge in more let's look for the release patterns just because its a bit of fun and I have some hard evidence :D 

Taking a look at the concept art, for the Maximals they've been releasing all the S1 characters on the left side but wait they've done the same thing for the Preds too!:eek: 

This means obviously the next releases have to be Air Razor and Scorponok lol but seriously if they released either of those then clearly they're finishing S1.

Personally I think they'll get another figure in desperate need of an upgrade out of the way but maybe a little more high profile like Tarantulas or Inferno.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  18. Verno

News Credits:
    Crazy release pattern speculation? Let's do it!

They're releasing them in pairs:

Optimus Primal MP-32 and Cheetor MP-34: Leader and Protégé
    Dinobot MP-41 and Megatron MP-43: Traitor and Tyrant
    Blackarachnia MP-46 and Tigatron MP-50: Both were the 8th numbered release in the Japanese line (C-8 and D-8 respectively). They were also the first introduced character for both factions in the show.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Lizard Lips

Lizard Lips Active Member

Very compelling, in that case I predict Tarantulas and Rattrap will be the next pairing: Predator and Prey

• Like Like x 1
  20. We Are Jiggy

We Are Jiggy And everythang wuz everythang

HEY YO dawg wher is POLAR CLAW MP???!? dats my boi, my daddy got a tattu of him years ago bruh an he deserrves it.

• Like Like x 1