Masterpiece Beast Wars Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dachande, Nov 5, 2019.

1. JustineBW

JustineBW Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Jiang xing will do their magic

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was just going to ask why you guys are discussing the scale of characters who are never going to get MPs anyway... o_O 

• Like Like x 2
  3. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    *official MPs
    JX totally has us covered.
    And scale disputes take president over every other topic of conversation regardless of it’s relevance in any particular thread. This is the way.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Ah... Reasoning with the unreasonable...this should be fun. Wake me up when he gets here.

:popcorn (I'm getting into using that emoticon)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  5. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd be fine with them adjusting the scale down for the season 3 large characters. I have that JX TM2 Megatron, and the thing is approaching ridiculous territory even with it being scaled down. His head is about a 1.5 heads taller than MP-43. I really don't care about scale that much, so they could just make TM1 megs a half inch taller than MP-43, and then make Rampage, Tigerhawk, TM2 Dinobot, and Jetstorm all the same height as TM1 Megs. Then have OpOp and TM2 megs about the same height as Winged Dragon

All the rest of them could be in scale just fine, but the big boys would be cost-prohibitive to make to scale. We're talking NECA quarter-scale figures that have dozens of parts to make it transform. I have the 3A metal gear rex which is 18 inches tall and has removable panels. It's $500 and the most un-fun thing in the world to pose because it weighs 10 lbs and it's terrifying to move the limbs because the ratchet joints are gigantic and make a snapping sound when they move.

A smaller TM2, 3rd party megatron came rolling in at $230. If people are complaining about MP-43's price, wait until you add 6 inches to his height and another 10 years of takara price inflation. A 27-inch shell-forming chug was $575.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    tigerhawk is closer in size to tm2 megatron and opop than tm1 megatron

• Like Like x 1
  7. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Then put him up with those two. I don't really care that much. I'm not a scale queen.

8. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    please see link

MP 50 Tigatron

idk why you're making up blatant bs, watch the clip from the link, he does not pull him down or any indication that he does. You're literally making up shit dude, im sorry the scale is wrong. you can post 20 screen shots for all i care moving video proves my point. To much effort has already been put into this dumb ass argument already. Ill never agree that you're right.

9. Fenrys

News Credits:
    you might not be, but takara are the ones that set up the line using established scale

10. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I've watched that clip, multiple times. You see Megatron's face, hands reach up, grab his collar, scene cuts to them face to face. You never see their full bodies.

Why are you ignoring litterally every other scene in the show? Why is the only scene you'll accept one where you legitimately cannot see their full bodies to see whether or not they are crouching?

Heck, maybe Rampage is standing on a rock. You cannot see!

Seriously though, what is wrong with literally any other scene, why is that one the definitive one to you?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    zero hands "reach up", this is just fake lies lol he grabs him and in no specific angle to define height. I use this example because it is the clearest point of proving that they are the same head height and the unofficial scale is wrong. JX TM2 Megs is proper scale, Rampage should be the same head height, the scale is wrong. Happy Valentines day.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  12. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

You only see the hands, Megatron gets "jerked" and the next scene they are at eye level. Again, you cannot see their bodies, so you have literally no evidence to back up your claim that they standing tall and at the same height. I produced for you a LOT of photos from scenes that you are ignoring. Why? Can you give me any explanation why every single image is invalid?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Fenrys

News Credits:
    this is an incredibly asinine debate since every scene where you can see them together full body tm2 megatron is clearly taller than rampage. they are only the same size when it comes to toys

• Like Like x 3
  14. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    neither do you, your speculation is just that, speculation. I have VISUAL IN MOTION EVIDENCE, EVIDENCE THAT YOU ARE IGNORING.

Same reason why scale is useless for Gen 1 when referencing show, its inconsistent. :deadhorse: 

JX TM2 Megs is proper scale, Rampage should be the same head height, the scale is wrong. Happy Valentines day.

15. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I provided a tonne of evidence... Can you please review my post right here where I provided a whole bunch of images?

Lots of evidence to back myself up...

Beast Wars was far more consistent than G1.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    I reviewed it, its nice. My point still stands, they were the same height when they needed to be. And that with your screen shots they are as inconsistent from one photo to the next. I honestly don't care though. Really. And this doesn't even belong on this thread. It belongs on the JX thread. Move on. Its Valentines day surely you have something better to do.

17. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

The ONLY scene you have provided that demonstrates them at the same height, you cannot see their bodies, and therefore there is no real argument to be made they were standing at the same height. Every single other scene shows Megatron bigger.

I'm talking about how a MP TM2 Megatron would scale, if Takara were to follow it. I'm not actually interested in general of JX fits the scale or not, I'm curious how big an official product would be if it were truly in scale.

JX is a great figure in it's own right, whether it is accurate to this scale or not.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    It is accurate.

19. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Things aren't just true because you state them to be. I'm not sure why it is so important for you that this toy be the official scale, despite all evidence pointing to the contrary, but clearly it means something to you... you do you I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    You should take your own advice lol Just because YOU SAY ITS NOT not doesn't mean its isn't. Its not important to me at all, its just important for people to know you're wrong and that it is scaled correctly. You have nothing official to argue with other than inconsistent screen shots, an unofficial scale and your erroneous opinion.