Masterpiece Beast Wars Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dachande, Nov 5, 2019.

1. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I honestly think we'll see more Japanese BW characters sprinkled in regardless of if we like it or not. As for teasing S2/3 figures, they kind of already have done that with Blackaracnia with her accessories. She has the green eyes for when she accesses the Teletran-1 codes she stole from Megatron's data banks and the cable thingy that linked her mind with Tarantulas's at the start of S2. Could be an argument made that that last one is from the end of S1, but I like my theory better. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

@Predaking EX Why don't we take it here? We are speculating about the masterpiece scale afterall.

So I'm going to start by saying that this scale:

[​IMG]

Has accurately predicted the size of every MP so far. But alas, that's not enough. Fair enough.

You say that this scene is the one that shows that TM 2 Megatron is the same height as Rampage, they see eye to eye:

[​IMG]

But note that Rampage is pulling Megatron down in order for them to see eye to eye. Since you can only see their heads, you can't tell what Megatron's body is down, so you don't know if his knees are bent in order to make this work. I've already provided two counter example images:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That demonstrate that Megatron is larger than Rampage. But there's more! From Other Visits:

[​IMG]

Let's look at other characters now as a yardstick, here he is with TM Tarrantulus, holding him like an oversized toy:

[​IMG]

And here is TM Tarrantulus hunched over next to TM Megatron, looking very much not loylike:

[​IMG]

And again, you can see Tarantulus comes to TM Megatron's chest:

[​IMG]

Point is, TM Megatron >> TM 2 Megatron.

Bonus:

Here is TM Megatron with Dinobot 2

[​IMG]

Here is TM 2 Megatron with Dinobot 2. Look, they are eye to eye! Oh wait, Dinobot 2 is standing on a stool:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Vaikyuko

Vaikyuko Transmetal

When it comes to scale, I doubt we'll get Optimal Optimus or TM2 Megatron anytime soon, for the same reason I'm skeptical we'll get any of the later characters like Dinobot II, Depth Charge, Rampage, and Tigerhawk: they're all massive. Like, consider than according to the scale chart, Transmetal Megatron is bigger than vanilla Megatron, who is second only in MP form to who, Magnus and Star Saber? TM Megs would likely be only marginally bigger for the sake of the shelf, but someone like Optimal Optimus would be unbelievably huge. He'd either have to be downscaled a bit to make it work, they don't plan to make him, or his cost will be prohibitive just due to mass.

That said, I do think that Silverbolt and Quickstrike are very likely, even if the rest of the characters or their upgraded forms are skipped, and the simple reason is that they are not only popular, but they're different (Fuzors were a very unique look), they are not explicitly Transmetal and can fit with either version of the cast, sort of bridging things, and most importantly, they aren't technically a "redo" in any way, whereas something like Transmetals would be. If you own Megatron and then buy TM Megatron, you're buying two unique toys/molds, but they are the same character. I feel like that might play into TT's mindset a little, though with the redos they've already done it's hard to say.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't think Takara has any problem "redoing" characters, particularly characters named Optimus and Megatron.

In terms of size, I think season 2 characters (except maybe rampage) are all fair game. Like you said, the only one that ever surpasses Season 1 Megatron is Season 2 Megatron, and not by a tonne. Everyone else is definitely fair game.

Once we get to season 3 or Rampage, all bets are off. I have no predictions. I'd be very interested if they kept going, and I'd probably be saving up funds like crazy trying to stay in the game, but I have no idea if they are willing to take it that far.

Here's a prediction though, if they DO do season 3, it won't be after season 2. Seasons 2 and 3 of Beast Wars are considered a separate show in Japan. Technically, they haven't done ANY characters from Beast Wars Metals, only Beast Wars characters. Once they start with Metals, I don't think they'll confine themselves to Season 2, particularly because since they are so large it would make sense to space them out between smaller season 2 characters.

5. JustineBW

JustineBW Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Jiang xing will do their magic

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was just going to ask why you guys are discussing the scale of characters who are never going to get MPs anyway... o_O 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    *official MPs
    JX totally has us covered.
    And scale disputes take president over every other topic of conversation regardless of it’s relevance in any particular thread. This is the way.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Accept no imitations

News Credits:
    Ah... Reasoning with the unreasonable...this should be fun. Wake me up when he gets here.

:popcorn (I'm getting into using that emoticon)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  9. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'd be fine with them adjusting the scale down for the season 3 large characters. I have that JX TM2 Megatron, and the thing is approaching ridiculous territory even with it being scaled down. His head is about a 1.5 heads taller than MP-43. I really don't care about scale that much, so they could just make TM1 megs a half inch taller than MP-43, and then make Rampage, Tigerhawk, TM2 Dinobot, and Jetstorm all the same height as TM1 Megs. Then have OpOp and TM2 megs about the same height as Winged Dragon

All the rest of them could be in scale just fine, but the big boys would be cost-prohibitive to make to scale. We're talking NECA quarter-scale figures that have dozens of parts to make it transform. I have the 3A metal gear rex which is 18 inches tall and has removable panels. It's $500 and the most un-fun thing in the world to pose because it weighs 10 lbs and it's terrifying to move the limbs because the ratchet joints are gigantic and make a snapping sound when they move.

A smaller TM2, 3rd party megatron came rolling in at $230. If people are complaining about MP-43's price, wait until you add 6 inches to his height and another 10 years of takara price inflation. A 27-inch shell-forming chug was $575.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    tigerhawk is closer in size to tm2 megatron and opop than tm1 megatron

• Like Like x 1
  11. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Then put him up with those two. I don't really care that much. I'm not a scale queen.

12. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    please see link

MP 50 Tigatron

idk why you're making up blatant bs, watch the clip from the link, he does not pull him down or any indication that he does. You're literally making up shit dude, im sorry the scale is wrong. you can post 20 screen shots for all i care moving video proves my point. To much effort has already been put into this dumb ass argument already. Ill never agree that you're right.

13. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you might not be, but takara are the ones that set up the line using established scale

14. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I've watched that clip, multiple times. You see Megatron's face, hands reach up, grab his collar, scene cuts to them face to face. You never see their full bodies.

Why are you ignoring litterally every other scene in the show? Why is the only scene you'll accept one where you legitimately cannot see their full bodies to see whether or not they are crouching?

Heck, maybe Rampage is standing on a rock. You cannot see!

Seriously though, what is wrong with literally any other scene, why is that one the definitive one to you?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    zero hands "reach up", this is just fake lies lol he grabs him and in no specific angle to define height. I use this example because it is the clearest point of proving that they are the same head height and the unofficial scale is wrong. JX TM2 Megs is proper scale, Rampage should be the same head height, the scale is wrong. Happy Valentines day.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  16. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

You only see the hands, Megatron gets "jerked" and the next scene they are at eye level. Again, you cannot see their bodies, so you have literally no evidence to back up your claim that they standing tall and at the same height. I produced for you a LOT of photos from scenes that you are ignoring. Why? Can you give me any explanation why every single image is invalid?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this is an incredibly asinine debate since every scene where you can see them together full body tm2 megatron is clearly taller than rampage. they are only the same size when it comes to toys

• Like Like x 3
  18. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    neither do you, your speculation is just that, speculation. I have VISUAL IN MOTION EVIDENCE, EVIDENCE THAT YOU ARE IGNORING.

Same reason why scale is useless for Gen 1 when referencing show, its inconsistent. :deadhorse: 

JX TM2 Megs is proper scale, Rampage should be the same head height, the scale is wrong. Happy Valentines day.

19. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I provided a tonne of evidence... Can you please review my post right here where I provided a whole bunch of images?

Lots of evidence to back myself up...

Beast Wars was far more consistent than G1.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    I reviewed it, its nice. My point still stands, they were the same height when they needed to be. And that with your screen shots they are as inconsistent from one photo to the next. I honestly don't care though. Really. And this doesn't even belong on this thread. It belongs on the JX thread. Move on. Its Valentines day surely you have something better to do.