Masterpiece Beast Wars Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dachande, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Indeed. Also I'm pretty sure Tigatron has a higher piece count than primal, and... well... Takara has pretty much set the scale for what they intend to charge now, and I guess I've just gotten used to that.

2. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    My hope is that having set that 'scale' they are seeing deminishing returns and have started to reasses. Hound was the most expensive Carbot yet and Bee before him was incredibly expensive for such a small package, both received a much more lukewarm reception from fans and much less universal acceptance of their price points than usual/expected. Even the hardcore 'TT apologists' were not terribly impressed ... And then there's all the QC issues with Hound which will have seen many returned. Maybe... just maybe TT have hit the limit of what they can get away with.

My fingers are firmly crossed an marked improvement in QC before they feel safe to start pushing prices up again. I think I will be pre-ordering Tigertron, I just feel like I won't be able to stop myself, but I'd he's as riddled with issues as Hound was... Jeezzz I might be out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You just made me realize how much I want that MP Terrorsaur Lazorbeak repaint.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Moos Crew

Moos Crew I make stuff

Question for you Beast Wars fans...
    I am wanting to get a quality Ravage (from BW season 1, I think it was) I've only found two items. One is "Shadow Panther" which if I recall correctly isn't actually ravage, the other is a 3rd party is Mastermind Creation R-40 Jaguar.

Any tips or suggestions? I don't care for Jaguar's pieces for their Megatron so that doesn't appeal, but at least he doesn't look like just a Cheetor repaint.

5. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Season 2 actually.

I think this is the best there is outside of the 3rd party one, currently:

[​IMG]

But I wouldn't be too surprised if we got a new one in another couple years. We are seeing 3rd party take a bigger interest in Beast Wars, particularly in characters that are less likely to get masterpiece figures.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Ravage wasn't in Beast Wars Season 1, it was season 2. Shadow Panther is a black repaint of Cheetor, not really Ravage. Mastermind Creation R-40 Jaguar is more a depiction of Ravage from the IDW comics with a robot mode that looks a bit like Beast Wars Ravage.. it's cool but it's not show accurate. It's also more CHUG in styling than MP.

Theres no MP scale/style BW Ravage. The original figure is fantastic but VERY hard and expensive to get hold of(wish I'd never sold it tbh). My advise would be to wait and see if TT or more likely a 3P do an MP show accurate one.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    Isn’t this only true if it was an upscale of the same starting object? Tigatron is taller than the broad and beefy Primal but that doesn’t mean he has more mass. We’re better off comparing to Cheetor as they’re so physically similar- in bot mode anyway.

Anyone who really knows about this stuff, do feel free to enlighten me because I find it interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    You are right but I think @Joalro is talking 'rough ball park' stuff here not hard and fast mathematical fact. Obviously if Tigatron it were 50% bigger but totally hollow and made of paper his mass would not be anywhere near twice that of Primal. Really we are not gonna know for sure until he is in hand how much (if at all) heftier he is. You'd hope they wouldn't use the same bullshit flimsy plastic used on Hound this time around after all the issues it caused... finger crossed!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Yes, obvoiusly cheetor is a better comparison because that is a more literally upscaling of a similar shape.

But in broad strokes, if Primal and Tigatron of of comparable nature in shape, which isn't too outlandish, it's not like one of them is wider than tall, then the laws of scaling give us an approximation of these sorts of things.

It's back of envolope calculations.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Oh look at me understanding someone without them spelling it out, I must be some sort of super genius ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    So............Tiggy preorders when?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Curtesy of @lord ginrai

• Like Like x 3
  13. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Since Takara has upscaled the Cheetor mold to make Tigatron have accurate scaling I wonder if that means the chances of having a potential MP BW Grimlock have the base Dinobot mold upscaled to make Grimlock tower over everyone good at least in the KO industry?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Are you trying to start a war?!

• Like Like x 6
  15. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  16. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    The first time I've ever used this :popcorn 

@kaijuguy19 if you know hat you've done, welcome to the super genius club. If you don't you have my condolences.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    My picks for 3 BW MPs in 2021:

Airazor - Pairs with Tigatron
    Terrorsaur - The big boy for the year
    Waspinator - He's Waspinator

The underlying theme for the year is out-and-out Flyers.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I think Airazor is likely just because that would complete the Season 1 Maximals, with Rhinox and Rattrap having the generations figures standing in for the masterpiece. They already have that at Wonderfest, with only Airazor missing, so that would be a good choice beyond just pairing with Tigatron.

I think they'll do Scorponok before Terrorsaur just because he'd be a bit easier to hash out.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    You're both crazy ;) 

My current crazy predictions based on the theory TT will put out what gets them the best return on investment.. Rattrap or Waspinator will be announced before the end of the year arriving in 2021. Which ever didn't get announced out of those two and/or Rhinox and/or Taratulas the following year. Wildcard pick Terrorsaur, not for any reason other than I'd really like to see it happen.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IDK, I kinda feel like if they get that far, a Lazerbeak would be as different from Terrorsaur as Tigertron is from Cheeetor. Lazerbeak was very toy accurate.