Masterpiece Beast Wars Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dachande, Nov 5, 2019.

1. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, not a MP. I would imagine an official figure would be almost 100% accurate to the show model.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nope

Nope if it's not in frame it doesn't exist

News Credits:
    I'm honestly not impressed at all but I might as well do my due diligence: is there any way to acquire one or do you actually have to be at the show in Japan to get one or something? I'm not familiar with these garage kits and I'm assuming it'd basically be impossible to get, but I might as well ask.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Moos Crew

Moos Crew I make stuff

Maybe another spider might show up?
    (Similar to shadow panther and burning convoy...but those really are just repainted I guess with little extra molding)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Accept no imitations

News Credits:
    Tigatron is another beut! That's six for six! Which is pretty amazing all things considered. I really didn't dare to imagine we'd be able to say there were six original Beast Wars MP moulds and thet by and large they are all fantastic... but here we are! I'm really glad Tigatron appears to be an entirely new mould, clearly borrowing some cues from Cheetor, but entirely new with a markedly different transformation. I'm very pleased we got the wrist rickets, something I remember brining up back before this thread existed and we were spit-balling ideas for an MP Tigatron having the circular "will he be a Cheetor repaint? Will he be upsized? Will he be a retool? Remould? Entirely new mould? Again I'm glad to see he is the latter.

I'm also less outraged with the price than usual, it's expensive but they could have gouged us for more I suspect. At 2 Primals, 3.4 Cheetors, 20% more than Lio Convoy and only 30& less than Megatron that's still a pretty penny but its under what I predicted... so I wont grumble (too much). I'll be interested to see what accessories we get at that price.

Tigatron not being a top tier character does fill me with renewed optimism that we'll see most if not all of the cast release. The real indicator that that in the cards would be some more Predacon, specifically the less popular ones. Historically TT (reflecting the Japanese collectors marker as a whole) has shied away from 'baddies' and generally stick to fan favourites when they have done them. A Terrorsour or a Scopronok (despite my general distain for the character) would be a really good sign that they plan to go for the whole cast.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Better pictures and I like him even more. Although he is a bit big to fit with my regular BW figures (MP Primal I could accept since I already used the 10th anniversary edition fighting the (always found him too small) TM Megatron. It would run the risk of redefining/re-doing my BW collection, and I don't want to got that route since I'm doubtfull I can/will get what I want: Transmetals and non-show characters.

Unlike @Booster Gold I do think he might be a bit too expensive for his size and complexity: not twice the size as Primal nor as complex as Dinobot. Sure, the usual places will offer him with discount, but he'll still cost a pretty penny and more than I would expect based on his size and appratent complexity (or lack thereof).

But I really like the look and the character, so I just know I'll wave my objections and pre-order very quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Booster Gold

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure I did say I thought he was expensive didn't I? Maybe i wasn't clear, I think he is overpriced, just not quite as overpriced as expected.

7. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Yep, but I forgot to add "too" expensive. As in, I can see you're argument why you're not as bothered with the (too) expensive price, but I do think he's way overpriced compared to the others. As in, he may be bigger than Primal, but not twice as big. Nor should be comparable to Dinobot even though he's close in height, since he's most likely far less complex.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Booster Gold

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree with all that, I think by preparing myself for the worst (and over-estimating he'd be 30,000 yen) I soften the blow for myself when he came in 6,000 yen cheaper. Unlike the time I was spot on with my guess at Blackarachnia's price and when it came in I was disgusted that TT would have the audacity to match my cynical prediction! I still think it's unforgivable and totally unwarranted that Tigatron should cost twice as much as Primal.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Khaotika

Khaotika Fetch The Bolt Cutters

Seeing as how Tigatron followed Blackarachnia (1st stasis pod reinforcement wave), it makes me wonder if Takara will pair Airazor & Inferno (or vice versa) together sometime down the road.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry, were talking pricing already? Was that announced??? I haven't looked into the hell hole that the news feed topically becomes, so was this announced??

11. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    So I reckon Terrorsaur is looking more and more likely now that Tigatron has been revealed but I’m pretty sure he’s going to look like he’s setting off to embark on his gap year if you know what I mean; I’m talking one big ol’ backpack on that chap.
    Arcee has this
    C8D311E1-DBD6-41F4-8AE8-8A7F54620077.jpeg
    which has to be the record-setter so far- so, because I just know there’s no other possible way to achieve Terrorsaur’s transformation, I’m going to start bracing for it now.
    The best I can hope for is that there’ll be a simple way to detach it all like on Megatron for a sleeker look but that function won’t be essential for transformation so everyone opposed to parts-forming can still be happy. Maybe then the studio making the accurate back wings for Megatron could do the same for Terrorsaur. Either that or TT will go down the Dinobot route and stuff everything into his torso- making it much more difficult to mod.
    Either way, an MP Terrorsaur is a positive. There’s just no possible way he can be made without a massively protruding compromise.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:

Msrp is 24000yen or about 219$

personally as always price plays no real role when I want something enough and can afford it, I won’t stand here saying it’s worth every penny, or that price increases are reasonable, to me the price is the price and I’ll buy what I want as long as I can afford to do so, I’m not looking for value, I’m looking for cool toys

• Like Like x 3
  13. Booster Gold

News Credits:
    Don't look for patterns, it will drive you crazy.
    Yes it was, 24,000 yen.
    I dunno, the guys working on Beast Wars MPs (who may or may not be the same guys working in G1) seem more focused and able to overcome the issues of translating what we see on-screen into a well designed and beautiful 3D object than those working in G1. I'm going to prepare for the worst but hope for the best.... Terrorsaur has quite a broad chest, couldn't the wings be folded and hidden inside? Dinobot has a lot of bits stuffed in his body and a much more compact backpack that those we've seen on the G1 bots of late. Maybe he arm wings could be fake much like the Cheetor and Dinobot's chests? I'm never very good at working out how Transformations can or will work ahead of time but I've see TT work absolute wonders often enough to know they are capable of them.

If it ever happens of course, which as of today is looking a little more likely :) 

• Like Like x 6
  14. Vaikyuko

Vaikyuko Transmetal

Bear in mind if you preorder from a Japanese retailer (and you frankly should - Amazon JP, for example, will ship internationally, basically within 3-5 days of release you will have your product stateside and in-hand, and the cost for shipping will be minimal), there will be a preorder discount. To that end, that 24k yen is probably going to be anywhere from 16-20k.

• Like Like x 4
  15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Terrorsaur is also a very large fella, almost Dinobot’s size, and he already has a backpack in the show that a lot of folded up wings can be stored in. Assuming the wings will end up completely within the body and not the limbs, seeing as he’s basically all wing in beast mode and no wing in Robot mode.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Booster Gold

News Credits:
    That's the spirit, I honestly think if they can pull off Dinobot anything is possible. We're just not clever enough to visualise it until we see it ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  17. Blackarachnia1996

Blackarachnia1996 Goddess of Chaos

Terrorsaur is actually the height of Optimus, so he’s a hair smaller than Tigatron. He has a bodybuilder silhouette, so I think a lot of his wings can store in his muscles (which can collapse in beast mode)...

18. hardedge

hardedge Well-Known Member

Terrorsaur would still have the problem of having both modes in different shades of red and pink...

19. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Prepare for a compromised beast mode. Although with TT's track record, I'm certain they'll be able to come up with a reasonably satisfactory solution.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Booster Gold

News Credits:
    At least the Beast Wars designers seems to be clear on which mode mode takes priority, both Bumblebee and Arcee seems to suffer for their alt-mode. Tigatron seems to be the perfect balance, both modes look great with what compromised there are being quite equally shared out between both modes.... exactly the way I prefer because especially with Beast Wars alt-modes do matter. I'm far more likely to display a BW figure in alt-mode than G1.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2