Masterpiece Beast Wars Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dachande, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Accept no imitations

News Credits:
    Ive been listening to a podcast rewatching and reviewing each episode, its got me pretty excited about all of them, however my top picks haven't really changed.

Rattrap = Rhinox > Terrorsuar = Waspinator = Tarantulas > Inferno > Tigatron = Airrazor > Scorponok.

At this point my priorities aren't just based on characters/designs they are based on display option. Rattrap and Rhinox will look great with the Maximals we have so far, Terrorsuar, Waspinator, Tarantulas and Inferno would all fill out the Pred ranks nicely too, however for some reason I have less of a connection to Inferno...for some reason he feels essential than the other three. Tigatron and Airazor similarly feel less essential and more 'nice to have'...and Scoropnok? Well he'll make a nice accessory for the Cyber Bee we get for Primal.

I'm mostly thinking about what will look good as a group now. Which is pretty awesome really.... when I push my concerns about QC, build quality, materials and price out of my mind that is.

P.S. I still, as i have for months now, predict Rattrap is next.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. stormflash

stormflash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it by chance named stasis lock?

3. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I know it's still unpopular, but I'm standing by my scorponok prediction. From a business perspective, it is the right choice.

To recap:

- By announcing Scorponok, they are basically announcing the entire Season 1 cast is coming. That engages completionists who would otherwise feel getting every figure is pointless if they aren't going to be releasing the whole cast anyway.

- It makes sense to sandwhich less popular choices in between more popular choices. Blackarachnia being the last one, followed by scorponok, then followed by someone popular like Rhinox, helps keep the hype in the line high which still getting out those less exciting characters.

- Along with the last point, the character after Scorponok will be announced soon after Scorponok for that exact reason, keep the hype in the whole line up.

- Scorponok is a smaller character and requiring much less magic and cheating. R&D will be shorter, theoretically allowing the figure to cost a bit less, which gives people a breather for the next, more expensive figure.

- Finally, they will play up like hell the fact Scorponok's bee will be compatible with Primal's chest.

• Like Like x 10
  4. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    As much as I want Rattrap or Rhinox to be the next figure, this all makes sense from a business standpoint. If they are intending on doing all of season 1 (which I'm sure they are) then they'd be smart to fill in some of the minor characters in between the big bots.

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't seriously be the only one that is excited about the idea of Scorponok, can I?? o_O 

• Like Like x 6
  6. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    No way! There’s probably like 4 or 5 of us at least!

I really do want Scorponok. And I think he’s be a great addition. But I’m also looking at some larger bots like Trailbreaker for G1, and Tigatron and Inferno for BW. I want more big bots!

but scorponok would is still high up on my favorites list.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    I'm one of the 4 or 5!

• Like Like x 4
  8. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    I'd be fucking over the moon if Scorponok was next!

• Like Like x 1
  9. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    SCOR-PON-OK! SCOR-PON-OK! SCOR-PON-OK!

10. JustineBW

JustineBW Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    do we have a Beast wars focused MP appreciation thread?

then id be 6th :)  i always wanted an updated none flimsy scorponok haha! once he get revealed, ill put my old scorponok for sale ASAP.

or... what if we get that MP 43 OG toy deco

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2020
  11. ilovebw

ilovebw Well-Known Member

actually I was dreaming about mp Scorponok last night~

• Like Like x 1
  12. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    These are pret2tu similar to why I expect Skids as the next G1 carbot, so I suppose I must support it! Scorponok or Rhinox for next BWMP.

• Like Like x 1
  13. luigi7mew2

luigi7mew2 Well-Known Member

I know I missed some other messages, but I'm #7 or so for Scorponok love! Would love him to be next, just trying to not get my hopes up lol

• Like Like x 2
  14. Booster Gold

News Credits:
    No its this one, The Transformers Nitpickers Podcast Show I will check out Stasis Lock though.

Heh, you are free to keep believing that but let me offer an alternative argument.

I don't think it can be argued that Hound wasn't a QC disaster and has shaken many fans confidence in the line. As a result I would suggest that TT will want to play it safe until they get some of that trust back from their fan base. They'll want to put stuff out the fans will 'need' to buy regardless of their concerns. Therefore I find it less likely for them to take risks with less popular characters like Scorponok.

You're points make sense, from a certain point of view, but it's a point of view TT have thus far show no signs of sharing. Form a 'certain' business perspective it's the 'right' choice, but it's not the ONLY perspective and therefore not the ONLY 'right' choice. Of course if Scorponok is announced I'll have to reassess my position, TT are a fickle and confusing beast after all and I've learnt it's foolish to ever rule anything out from them.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  15. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:
    I think enough time has passed, that the upscale, and redesign needed for Tigertron is complete.
    Tier one = Tigertron or Waspinator.
    Tier two = Rhinox or Terrorsaur.
    Tier three = Inferno or Scorponok.

I just don't see a Ratrap MP yet. They wouldn't release another tiny MP so close to Blackarachnia.

16. optimalprimus

optimalprimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So MP-50 Tigatron! Picture courtesy of @S250

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  17. Lizard Lips

Lizard Lips Well-Known Member

Noice, not what I expected or what I hoped for but a very welcome addition since it shows Takara is prepared to do "B list" characters albeit he does share a bit of engineering with Cheetor. Can't wait to see his beast mode, hopefully its as bulky as the CGI.

18. Booster Gold

News Credits:
    Excellent news. Tigatron was always on my fairly likely list just because he can reused a lot of Cheetor's design/engineering (it will be interesting to see how much). I'm really glad they went 'big cat' with him, they had to really. It looks like he might not have a fake chest, which is an interesting choice. Im really pleased about this, no less because if he does share engineering with Cheetor, this opens the door to a Tarantulas reusing some of BA's engineering and brings ups much closer to 'the whole cast' many of us hope for.

He doe's break the A-list only approach they've taken thus far which is nice to seem however they'd beed to do a totally original mould... like Scorponok or Airrazor to put any skepticism around that to bed for me. I'm certainly feeling much more optimistic that they'll get round to them all though. Now all I need to do is brace for the price... I'm predicting 30-35,000 yen.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Dinotrap

Dinotrap BEAST WARS FOREVER!

News Credits:
    Yay what good news to wake up to :D 

bring on preorders and clearer pics

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lizard Lips

Lizard Lips Well-Known Member

I had already decided to collect the entire BW season 1 cast if Takara releases them but 30-35,000 yen for Tigatron might break me because I also insist on buying two for display. :(