Masterpiece Beast Wars Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dachande, Nov 5, 2019.

1. choicemeats

choicemeats Well-Known Member

you're being pedantic but you get my point. i would happily pony up $200-250 for a modern engineered figure of those characters before the nobodies

2. choicemeats

you heard me!!:D 

3. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Accept no imitations

News Credits:
    I'm not being pedantic, you brought 'deluxe' class into the discussion. None of the characters you mention would be 'deluxe' class, they'd be very large and very expensive MPs... too expensive for my wallet. I personally would rather TT stuck to season 1 for now. Plus, I don't get your point, there's still plenty of non-'losers club' characters to left do (Rhinox, Rattrap, Waspinator, Tarantulas). JiangXing are fulfilling my later season needs for now I can wait for TT to get into the game on those.

• Like Like x 1
  4. choicemeats

their megatron looks great and i'll definitely be following them to see what else they tackle if it tickles my fancy.

Of the other ones only maybe Rhinox/Tarantulas/Tigatron really catch my eye as stuff I'd go after. I'm sure other people have their favorites too. But we don't know what their priority list looks like.

5. JustineBW

JustineBW Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    ohhhh that;s nice. now i can consider that as indicator

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would like to apologize in advance for the MP Beast Wars line not being to your liking :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Yeah, Rampage, Depth Charge and Tigerhawk are NOT going to be in the $200-250 range. MP-43 is about $250.

Take a look how he scales next to those guys:

[​IMG]

We're looking at something much higher than that range.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Booster Gold

News Credits:
    Precisely, even TM Cheetor who would be the closest to 'Deluxe' size (still bigger) is gonna come in at around $190. The rest mentioned would likely be $300-350... and quite possibly more concidering prices are still going up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    To be fair, I think the guy meant luxurious or fancy when he said "deluxe". I don't think he was talking about size classes.

Man, I can't wait until the next announcement! Anyone will do.
    I'd be satisfied if we got all the characters from the first episode + Blackarachnia. I'd like them to give us Silverbolt from BW Metals to go with her though. Tigatron, Airazor and Inferno would be highly appreciated but I'd be ok if they skipped them.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Booster Gold

News Credits:
    Ah...yes that makes slightly more sense. So he means "Deluxe" characters? Becuase almost by definition all Masterpiece figures are "Deluxe" in a fancy way as a product.

• Like Like x 1
  11. choicemeats

yes, that's not what i meant, not actually the old BW size labels that they had. (I was looking up what those characters were actually labeled as before I passed out). So more of what you might consider to be larger scaled figures.

I understand that the scale of the characters would require bigger toys but until they rescale G1 grimlock to the MP-44 i guess we'll have to wait and see. they haven't even done TM2 megatron yet. But if they end up like MP-44 price i would be MORE than happy to go the 3P route.

I wouldn't dislike ALL of them just would be upset if we got like Terrorsaur before Rhinox or something silly like that lol. I don't have any of the current BW MPs but they all look great, and I would love to have all of them if I could.

12. Booster Gold

News Credits:
    I mean what scale they were in the original toy line is sort of irrelevant but once again only one of those you mentioned was deluxe (Cheetor) the rest were Ultras...however I guess that's not what you meant either. So I'm just gonna quit and apologies for continuing to misunderstand your point.

MP-10 'rebooted' the MP line and scale, ever since every MP has pretty closely followed scale charts. That is how it works now. Grimlock's height is irrelevant because he is pre-'reboot'. So it's quite easy to see how big each character will be, @Joalro was kind enough to post the fan-made but universally accepted as gospel scale chart above. MP-43 is actually taller than MP-44 but through virtue of not having a massive trailer full of gimmicks/accessories and being released five month earlier is about 40% cheaper. If I were a betting man I'd say (if made) any MP Tigerhawk, Depth Charge or Rampage (all being considerably larger than MP-43) would be at least as expensive as MP-44.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  13. Vaikyuko

Vaikyuko Transmetal

If they do Transmetals, I will pay out the ass for them, no questions asked. It was the most important era of Transformers for me, informed much of my preferences in design, and has, in my opinion, pretty much the best designs of the entire overall franchise. I'd give them a half grand for Rampage, Optimal Optimus, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    Transmetals for life! Season 2 had some of the best character designs.

15. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

So if they do transmetal Masterpieces at some point, in what way can they improve on the original toys? As far as I can tell, the only major things I can see changing are the character sizes and head sculpts. Aside from that, minor things like Rattrap's upside down backpack, giving him a shield, etc.

Overall, the figures were very accurate. Maybe additional posability?

16. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    Articulation is a huge deal though and the fact that TMs will have such basic transformations means TT should be able to integrate some fantastic poseability.

I think TMs upgrading to MP is comparable to Primal’s release; some couldn’t see how there could be any major improvements on the original figure but I don’t think a single soul with a semi-functioning brain could ever deny that MP Primal is anything but light years ahead of his other toys. Same for Megatron- really similar transformation scheme but just refined to perfection. All the little tweaks amount to a huge overall improvement.

Another factor we may take for granted is body proportions. The OG TM toys all look like the show models but they don’t quite cut the same silhouettes- especially Megatron- and a lack of basic articulation like ankle rockers leaves them all looking pretty square when standing.

Throw in all the obvious stuff like multiple accurate faces and actually giving characters their weapons (Rattrap) and yeah, TMs will still blow our minds.

• Like Like x 1
  17. motorthing

motorthing Chilhampton St Peter War Memorial Society

News Credits:
    Blood hell, back to being a Ghetto again........?

Just paid off for Blackarachnia so that's a plus. What isn't is realising I've paid 25% more for Her than Primal.

Do Rhinox next please, before the price tag for Bigger Figures hits the same point as a small car.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Vaikyuko

Vaikyuko Transmetal

The biggest improvement for Transmetals (beyond non-flaking paint) would be better proportions for the figures, more than anything else. A lot of them were terrible to even stand up, let alone pose.

19. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    Slightly more accurate character designs, better plastics, hopefully the chrome is handled carefully. Like you mentioned better pose-ability. They already have a essential blueprint in the original toy for most of these TM and TM2 characters, which is why I believe TT will eventually do them. Shorter and cheaper production time.

20. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Veteran

I just watched Ton Ton's video review of Blackarachnia and gosh that is an awesome looking toy!
    I'm certainly excited that with imminent release maybe we'll get another reveal soon. I suppose it may be a bit of a wait though, as we still have the upcoming Lio Convoy and the TTmall exclusive Burning Primal to sate the BW enthusiasts.

While I'm eager for Rhinox & Rattrap, I'd love to see another Predacon released, so I can better balance a shelf battle!
    Thank goodness both Dinobot and Blackarachnia are potential traitors. ;P
    My fingers are crossed for Waspinator coming next.

I just popped into the G1-Focused MP speculation thread to express a similar misgiving. However, I think it'll all be for the greater good. For those of us interested in both G1 & BW, I think we can bat the proverbial ball across the net and still enjoy both threads.

I suspect that Masterpiece Transmetals will be to BW fans as Masterpiece Combiners are to G1 fans. Something that we died-in-the-wool diehards can see the potential for (and even something that the designers themselves might aspire to wish for... see Shogo Hasui's love of Bruticus as mentioned in interviews), but that market forces won't feasibly allow. As with combiners, I'm happy to discuss, debate, and enthuse about the merits and nuances of how they could be done, but am less inclined to hope that they will be done.

• Like Like x 1