Masterpiece Beast Wars - MP-48 Lio Convoy!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just gimme the pre-order Amazon-Jp

2. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

i was expecting 160ish

3. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

I do want to set the record straight that the only one responsible for my childhood was my mom, who worked her butt off to get me my first Transformer, G1 Wheeljack or as he was known back in the day, Wheeljack. Not Hasbro. Not Takara. No one else is responsible for my childhood. And I have fully supported Hasbro since 2007 with official purchases.

In terms of Lio Convoy. He looks great but is overpriced.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

You know, I'm pretty sure I was going to be upset to one extent or another when the price for this was revealed given the recent price history, but if I'm being honest, especially given the relative obscurity of this figure in most markets, the price point doesn't bother me nearly as much. When you compare it to major characters like Megatron and Dinobot, it seems like a great bargain. Sure, when you compare it to Optimus, Cheetor, even Black Arachnia, it's a fairly overpriced, but it's at least back in the realm of reasonable... unlike Hound, Optimus 3.0, Beast Megatron....

5. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Price is okay for modern MP-standards but still hilariously overpriced considering what Primal used to cost. I said this when Megatron went up for pre-order, they are dangerously close to pricing me out. Since I only care about Beast Wars and they make like 2 of those in a good year I can take it, but if the prices continue to go up I'm out.

That being said I adored Lio Convoy ever since he was first shown and I'll happily pay that price for him. I can totally understand those who don’t want to pay this much though.

"Lio Beam" should refer to the red-barreled blasters in his mane. Artemis could very well be a first-release bonus and thus not listed in the contents of the package. I also noticed that the adapter which makes the blasters and missiles into a handheld weapon are missing in the description, so it might not be 100% accurate.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  6. Alterator

Alterator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $185 is the MSRP though, right? Amazon.JP and others, even with shipping, will probably have it down in the $140-$150 range, I would think.

• Like Like x 2
  7. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    If Amazon JP is still a thing / still offering sweet deals on preorders this could go as low as $120 usd / ~35% off, plus $11 shipping to the u.s.

I would be okay with that. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Honestly I expected it to be more expensive than that.

The prices have been creeping up for the last several years, at LEAST since 2011. I wouldn’t call that sudden. I’m not defending the current prices at all, I’m just saying it shouldn’t be a surprise at this point.

• Like Like x 4
  9. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm not sure which ones you are talking about but this even makes some SoC prices look sane in terms of value. If Amazon Japan can do a nice pre-order that swings it under $150 shipped, I may reconsider. Maybe. I'm still hoping my wife doesn't toss me out with the dog once the SoC Voltron 1 & 3 charges start hitting.

10. LizardbotHero

LizardbotHero I am a warrior

Ebay:
    I'm in. Show me the preorder!

• Like Like x 1
  11. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    She's MP49.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    Right? Aside from transformers I collect Dragon Ball Figuarts. THAT is not a cheap hobby what so ever. Even I’m getting to a point where I’m picking and choosing with those coz the price just keeps goin up.

Transformers by comparison is still cheap

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Hahahahaha that price.

And I thought BA was ridiculous. Thank God I'm uninterested in Lio Convoy, hopefully Amazon Japan pulls through with preorder discounts as usual.

14. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    DB shf costs almost as much as a MP car but required less than 1/2 of engineering effort.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info. Yeah I think maybe some stuff is missing from this list. First release bonus's aren't really a thing in the MP line, not ones that appear in Figure King anyway. It would be really unusual for her not to come with Lio Convoy.

16. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Huh? Dragonball SHF's have gone from like 4000¥ to 6000¥ in 9 years, how is that comparable to the drastic price-creep from Optimus Primal (2016, 12000¥) to Lio Convoy (2019, 20000¥)? He's more expensive than Ultra Magnus or Star Saber who were twice as large.

I collect a few other Japanese toy lines and none that I'm aware of have increased their price as much as Takara.

Are you trolling? The most expensive recent Dragonball SHF is 8000¥ and is huge in comparison to others. Every single MP nowadays is more expensive than that, Blackarachnia is 15000¥.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

That is great news the prorders will be up soon! Price is good!

But I wish it came with Artemis and the release date is not untill next year!

18. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah except I’ve bought every Figuarts figure this year. How many new MPs have come out so far this year? Shit ads up

19. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    I can’t argue with that, I just assumed you meant the price of the individual SHF ramps up as much as it does with MP's ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:

Nooooo god no lol I mean just collecting them in regularly

Couple years ago figuarts were coming out as much as MPs. Just a handful a year and at $50 they weren’t bad. Now one and sometimes two come out a month and range from $60-$100 depending on where and exclusivity.

I’ll admit it is apples and oranges comparing anything and it is but I can understand both sides. If you do collect other stuff that is pricey MPs are really tame since only a handful come out a year but if you only do collect transformers I can understand the hesitation on the price.