Masterpiece Beast Wars - MP-48 Lio Convoy!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love to have the figure, because I loved the IDW Beast Wars comics, and what I have seen of the Beast Wars II anime. But it costs too much. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    I don’t really want to argue with that, for me they should be there and they look right. That's all I care about.

Your point is valid and your reasoning is much more understandable than Liege Prime's, but I don’t share that feeling. The lion legs need to be back there, they look right, end of the story for me.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Heh...cool I understand that. Let's see how things pan out, Im going to be super interested to see how his claws deploy and what his full compliment of accessories will be. As it stands I agree the legs should be there, Im just not so sure they look 'right'.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    So we dont want screen accuracy on Lio because it doesn't fit a specific non accurate taste??? Eh he looks perfect, will preorder day one. People just find shit to complain about I swear.

• Like Like x 5
  5. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I like how the MP conversation has moved from not liking it when G1 MPs blindly adhere to a 30 year old cartoon to now not liking it when BW MPs blindly adhere to a 20 year old one.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Zyros

Zyros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The legs on the back of the arms don't bother me, but I sure would expect the swung-forward Lion Claw weapon to line up with his wrist, like in the animation shows, and not stick out beyond his hands, like the old toy. Not sure that'll be how it pans out, because the lion mode legs seem longer than his robot forearms.

Due to that and the apparent lack of inward ankle tilt, it'll be the final price that makes the decision for me. I've bought every unique mold before this, so I'm honestly surprised to not love a new MP. Super excited for this character regardless because I love Big Convoy's design and would love a matching MP.

• Like Like x 1
  7. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You don't have to be a jerk. I'm entitled to my opinion, which is that visually I see WAY too many areas that aren't MP looking. I'm glad some people are over the moon for this, but to me it LOOKS more like CHUG level engineering upscaled than MP engineering.

8. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I can't remember, was there some roleplay gun that was released in Japan that this represents? I seem to recall something like that.

9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    This. If they hate this release so much just AVOID ALL OFFICIAL TT NEW MP THREADS. PERIOD. :lol :

• Like Like x 2
  10. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    What I'd like to see is if the beast legs are on some sort of arm which allows them to swing back further (to behind the robot elbows) so the 'Lion Claws' can be deployed correctly (not in front of his hands). We can see that there are ratcheted joints in his elbows, which suggests a more complex joint that your usual elbow joint. Indeed I cannot recall another MP with ratcheted elbows.

Edit: I take that back Shockwave has them, but I assume that is to support the gun barrel better in alt-mode?

11. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    There very well could've been something like this. There's so much merchandise out there which we never laid eyes upon and not many people remember having either. The official Beast Wars II sausages are just the tip of the iceberg. Please let us know if you find something.

By the way, @Topic: Upon searching through Karyuudo Fansubs' amazing extras section they published with their subs I found this awesome image and just wanted to share it. Enjoy :) 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  12. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    It's not so hidden. It's funny how times change and how Beast Wars fans have just joined the conversation, going from years past when it went from "you're complaining about accuracy? At least you're getting G1 toys, when are they gonna do BW? I'd take anything even if it was a little inaccurate!" to now when people are picking nits and posting alternating screen shots from their own cheaply drawn cartoon to prove their conflicting points over the size and correct placement of beast mode kibble.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    heh, I deleted that post because in retrospect I realised it wasn't really contributing to the conversation. To your point....I don't see any irony in it. It's not mutually exclusive to both appreciate the fact they are being made and have criticisms of them, these are very expensive figures, it's not unreasonable for people to have high expectations.

• Like Like x 1
  14. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Seems to me like most people that have an issue with the hyper-cartoon accuracy actually didn't watch the show at all. Also BW2 =/= Beast Wars.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    This. THIS.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    Not this. NOT THIS.

I thoroughly enjoyed the cartoon back in the day. Watched every episode. In general, I’d rather have a Masterpiece that incorporates modern design and the best features of the multiple iterations of the character from the last 20-30 years over an exacting duplication of a cheaply made cartoon still.

It’s about personal aesthetic preference and has nothing to do with whatever “true fan” gatekeeping you’re suggesting.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    Sensitive much or is this projection? Either way no one suggested this.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    You sound exactly like me in reference to G1 MPs...sadly that's just not what the MP line is..and hasn't been for a very long time. I too would love to see the sort of thing you are talking about happen...maybe it will one day, but right now nostalgia is king.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    Nope, not at all. Which is why I’ve mostly moved on from the line. Plenty to enjoy elsewhere within the franchise. It’s been nice to have Siege scratch this itch, for the most part.

I’m just lucky that Lioconvoy is both important enough to me and looks heroic enough with the show aesthetic that I can still enjoy him. At least in robot mode.

• Like Like x 3
  20. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Dat art. Its got that 90s edgy Anime robot feel. Love it!

• Like Like x 2