Masterpiece Beast Wars - MP-48 Lio Convoy!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Jun 15, 2019.

1. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That is insane! Lio Convoy? This is fantastic news :) 

• Like Like x 3
  2. mesh

mesh Member

this is a figure that could go against the whole idea of being screen accurate.  the lion head scult looks like a Care Bear/Teddy Bear which I\'ve never liked.

• Like Like x 2
  3. kary

kary Karyuudo Fansubs

Agreed. If do release one, I hope they include accessories like the Unicron horns from Beast Wars Neo.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

Yes! and some electronics for his chest-orb to make it glow. and a little toy of himself that Megastorm can try and transform. and some (high quality) Oil cans for him to get drunk off of.

• Like Like x 2
  5. mesh

mesh Member

this is a figure that could go against the whole idea of being screen accurate.  the lion head scult looks like a Care Bear/Teddy Bear which I\'ve never liked.

6. Jakedc1997

Jakedc1997 Well-Known Member

As a person who wants more non G1 stuff this thread like most has me in a pickle... One hand there's the side that is all childishly pissy about this not being a G1 release and complain about it on a thread really not meant to excite them to begin with. Then there are those who are excited about more non G1 stuff but for some reason feel the need to childishly attack the G1 guys and start flame wars... Tough to pick a side... Ehh im a chug collector I don't give a crap either way. But I will leave this here for both parties of overreacting idiots

• Like Like x 1
  7. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 First immortality, then the bitches. Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Let's stay on topic and keep the bickering to a minimum folks. Nobody's childish for wanting something different or expressing disinterest. And if someone is violating board rules please just report them and move along. Thanks.

• Like Like x 4
  8. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

The dragon mode is iffy, but the robot and drill tank modes on that toy are amazing, and 2 decades later this toy still puts to shame all but a tiny handful of voyager/ultra/leader toys that have come out between then and now. I'm amazed Hasbro never found a way to release it Stateside.

Never saw the cartoon, the toy may not capture the toon look, but it's easily top 5 badguy leader toys ever released.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Go-Faster-Wings

Go-Faster-Wings Well-Known Member

I haven't felt the absolute need to buy an MP since I saw a good price on a knock off MP-36 last year. But this.... This is perfection. Will be preordering this one, something I haven't done for a Transformer since MP Hot Rodimus.

• Like Like x 3
  10. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The lion mode face is too friendly, but perhaps that is the way he is in the cartoon. He looks like he jumped straight out of the cartoon

• Like Like x 1
  11. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

To be quite honest the Dragon Mode is the only thing that works on him. its how I have him displayed. I don't have much of a problem with how he looks(except for the lack of a proper cape) its more that its just.... not fun? like the transformation is a chore and kind of scary to do because of the gold plastic sections, the engineering is OK but nothing mind blowing, and the posability aint too good. I would love a proper remake of him with all the bits and bobs they changed on him for the show(like an actual cape)

12. GoLion

GoLion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are the MP beast wars figures selling well? I assume so since they keep making them. 
    Hopefully, this means this will translate into more BW figures in the main line. 

• Like Like x 3
  13. Junkmech

Junkmech Trashcan on Legs

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Holy cow! I am for sure in the minority who loves Beast Wars Neo, so this is super exciting for me. I think he looks great! Aside from the goofy lion mode head, but maybe they'll give us an alternate one in the package.
    I'd honestly have preferred Big Convoy, but I'm not gonna be picky.
    Now then, I can't wait to see the price tag.... ;(

• Like Like x 3
  14. Render

Render I’m all kinds of nerd.

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Does anyone know if the lion legs on the back of the robot arms are screen accurate or just kibble?

I’ve always been interested in Lio Convoy all my life, but unfortunately never found a good source to watch BWII from, so he was always kinda just there in the back of my mind until now. Little did I know, this was one of the BW figures I’ve been waiting for, since I haven’t really been interested in any of the third party offerings and I’ve always wanted an official (good) figure of him.

I know I’m in the minority, but I just love that toony, anime-esque beast mode and it’s simplicity overall. Those lion arms on the back of the robot arms are just bothering me ha ha!

• Like Like x 1
  15. GageLoft

GageLoft Well-Known Member

I love beast wars 2 and neo, glad they are getting some updates. I wish that his feet and the front paws had more ankle articulation, but the figure still looks awesome. I hope that we can get other characters from this or neo, maybe Apache, galvatron, etc. a masterpiece G2 tank Megatron could be retooled into Megastorm, which would be a fiscally smart idea as well as awesome!

I love beast wars 2 and neo, glad they are getting some updates. I wish that his feet and the front paws had more ankle articulation, but the figure still looks awesome. I hope that we can get other characters from this or neo, maybe Apache, galvatron, etc. a masterpiece G2 tank Megatron could be retooled into Megastorm, which would be a fiscally smart idea as well as awesome!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  16. kary

kary Karyuudo Fansubs

Our team translated both Beast Wars II and Neo if you're interested in catching up:

Karyuudo Fansubs 狩人ファンサブ

• Like Like x 8
  17. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Easy pass. It\'s hard to believe this was the most marketable MP for them to develop. 
    Lion mode looks ridiculous. The actual bot looks cool but meh. At least they are willing to go other places,and maybe I can get my animated Prime or Animated Megatron MPs I really want.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Render

Render I’m all kinds of nerd.

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 2
  19. kary

kary Karyuudo Fansubs

You're welcome! Hope you enjoy both series!

• Like Like x 4
  20. Sixshot666666

Sixshot666666 Ninja Consultant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This will definitely replace my Robotmasters one, super excited!