Masterpiece Beast Wars Blackwidow (Blackarachnia)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Digger, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    God damn I’m so glad this is real.
    F5C3F59D-F45A-4348-906B-63B09901AFE8.jpeg ED32CA18-9389-4AC5-B112-21645AAF45F6.jpeg C409026B-7B7C-4B97-8A15-E8203E76D8AC.jpeg 94D5E6A5-8D33-4A0A-B346-5B1BF84FD255.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  2. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

Have a digibash on me. Damn, this Masterpiece is glorious. I cannot wait to add her to my collection.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  3. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Before Tarantulas???? Inferno????? Can 3rd party companys get into the Beast Wars MP game already.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Shit man you’re fast.
    I’m still surprised they haven’t moved into yet. I’m expecting an increase though probably in the next five years. G1 is gonna become pretty dry by then.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

She's easily one of my favorite characters. So excited for this~!

• Like Like x 2
  6. xenobill

xenobill Active Member

looks good cant wait to see if the beast mode holds up

• Like Like x 2
  7. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

So I'm going to keep this brief, as I'm probably going to be writing a million comments about this throughout the next year, but hot damn... (edit: I lied)

Beast Wars Masterpieces are some goddamn pieces of art. I'm not a huge G1 fan, but I have been enjoying a handful of G1 masterpieces. Megatron 2.0, Optimus 2.0, Soundwave, Prowl, they are truly great figures. Megatron in particular is truly inspired with a wonderful and intricate transformation.

But the magic they have been pumping into the Beast Wars line is truly and wonderfully incredible. A few short years ago we got our first announcement of Masterpiece Primal, and I had no idea what that meant. As it was the 20th Beast Wars anniversary, I was prepared for that to be a one and done thing. Plus, compared to G1, the original Beast Wars toys were already decently accurate and playable. How much of an upgrade can Primal truly be? Could I possibly see my favourite character, Dinobot come to light?

Fast forward a few years and not only was Primal a far further upgrade from the original figure, far more than I could have imagined at the time, but we already have a perfect cheetor and a Dinobot that makes me smile every single goddamn time I look at it. I cannot wait to get my hands on Megatron, but every single figure part of me tells myself it may be the last, that G1 is far more popular, and not to get my hopes up for a new reveal.

Dinobot was magic, sure, but there are some figures that are just impossible. Their beast modes are too bulky and their robot modes are too slim to hide it all. Terrorsaur can't be done, there's nowhere to hide all that wing. Dinobot can't be done, the model basically turns inside out and the beast disappears entirely. Blackarachnia can't be done, her beast has a massive thorax, and her robot is this skinny, tiny figure without anywhere to hide it.

And Takara keeps coming back again, and again, and again, and blowing my mind each and every time. Blackarachnia is probably my second favourite character behind Dinobot. The characters who have lots of character development, real internal dilemmas, the characters who's actions and ideals turn the tide of battle.

Bringing these characters to life is just so goddamn fun! And not only are they coming to our shelves, but they are coming with their personality, style and likeness in tact. My 7 year old self is so envious of me right now, getting to live in a world where these figures exist. It's ridiculous how excited I am by this, but yet here I am. I cannot wait to have her join the other MP Beast Wars on my shelf, and I cannot wait to see what Takara has next for us, because all my doubts have been shattered at this point.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    why did we need another thread for this?

9. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Why are there only two? Two really isn't enough to contain my excitement.

10. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Okay time to hall ass guys. Turns out there was already a thread. MP Blackarachnia
    Mods may delete.

11. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

Dinobot and Blackarachnia are truly magical pieces of engineering.

12. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd wait until seeing the alt mode before saying that

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I mean, the fact that thing has an alt mode is already pretty impressive...

14. DanC

DanC Delightful person

News Credits:
    I guess we could argue whether Blackarachnia or Tarantulas is a more important character, although I'd say she is. But Inferno is basically comic relief... he should be one of the last MPs to come out.

Personally I'm dying for a MP Waspinator, but can acknowledge that yeah, there's characters who are gonna come first.

15. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Waspinator I can wait for only because his generations figure is pretty decent and the size is about right. Not perfect, but close. Of the characters who have a generations figure, I want Rhinox the most next, as his generations figure is too small to fill in the size gap between Optimus and Dinobot that the maximal profile needs.

Also, for anyone wondering, that stand is definitely new for Blackarachnia. It is not Dinobot's stand. At least, the arm is new. The actually base is identical to one of the two panels from Dinobot.

16. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Its such a slap in the face to see characters get 2.0/3.0s meanwhile we have to wait so long for every character. Inferno was such a cool character regardless of him being funny.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Personally, every single Beast Wars Masterpiece is one Beast Wars Masterpiece I never expected to get. I am thankful for each and every one of them, and if they ended now, I'd be disappointed, but overjoyed that the ones we got already even exist.

Also, I can't actually afford to buy them at a rate faster that they are currently coming out. Megatron's price is already pushing my limit. I'm okay with the pace at the moment.

Plus, G1 is older than Beast Wars, it makes sense to give them a head start.

Pretty much, I'm way to overjoyed with Blackarachnia existing to be in any way envious of G1, and have no desire to turn this into a competition. I'm getting what I want, and I have patience.

Also, I have Masterpiece Dinobot. While I want every other Beast War in masterpiece form, nothing will ever surpass Dinobot to me. I've already peaked.