Masterpiece Arcee MP-51

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Feb 8, 2020.

1. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 2
  2. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
  3. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Considering that robot mode and alt mode share almost no parts, there's not even that many reasons why it doesn't, short of intentionally not following the source material.

• Like Like x 3
  4. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    The things you make when bored. :lol 

SpringerDoesntWant.jpg

• Like Like x 26
  5. kshaps

kshaps Busting Deceptichops

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  6. moonDUST

moonDUST Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    • Like Like x 4
  7. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Wondering if we'll see Arcee and Tigatron again next weekend at Toy Fair.
    Last year they had Bumblebee and a grey Optimus on display. Fingers crossed!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    That’d be pretty cool. I loved the table from last year. It was such a great line up.

• Like Like x 2
  9. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    Wow, I didn't know (or maybe I just forgot) that they had MPs on display at Toyfair last year. I think chances are good they'll have 48 through 51 on display, probably with info about how to pre-order 48/49 on Pulse.

• Like Like x 1
  10. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    I had to double check on google before I made the claim XD
    But yeah, they had an impressive setup and a few of the TT designers were present to help show off MP44.

Edit: this was the MP table last year :rock 
    IMG_2474.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  11. Onilink

Onilink That's my secret, captain, my head always hurts

News Credits:
    Why the anime+? It's accurate as it is :/ (or you're pointing the flames?)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    As nice as her alt-mode is, I think the best thing to come out of this announcement is that lovely art of her rather than the figure itself, good grief.

The 3rd party offerings are still better choices for a good MP Arcee.

Well, that's infinitely better. Excellent work on this!

Let's.. not get into what's silly and doesn't 'serve any real function' in something like Transformers. They don't need to breathe so why do they have noses? Why do they have 'fembots' at all if they don't need to procreate and can reproduce asexually? Why do they have humanoid appearances if they aren't human? We can go down such a rabbit hole if we follow that argument to its logical conclusion, and many aspects of TF could be considered useless.

Also Studio OX's iteration of Arcee definitely had heels, so saying she always had 'normal feet' isn't true.

[​IMG]

Furthermore heels in history did serve a purpose, they were typically worn by men and women of high class / social standing. It'd make sense for a villain who's perhaps vain and full of themselves to wear heels, to feel 'above' everyone else. Often times characters are given heels simply for the style / appearance, and that's all the reason you need really.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  13. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Hot Rod has 2 versions as it stands. I doubt they’ll be making a third. I’m more down if they made a Galvatron.
    So many great toys. I’d love to see the new line up with Smokescreen+, Lio Convoy, Tigatron and her. Maybe chuck in Hound and Streak+ as well.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Well thank god BSF has come along and told me what to think!

Seriously though I agree pretty much all he says about Arcee (And Tigatron other than his total lack of enthusiasm and slight disappointment over it's numbering). The alt-mode looks perfect, much better than anything we've seem before official or otherwise. I hadn't really notice the hands as I found the chest area and 'shell-forming' more bothersome, but he is right they looks oversized and a bit... well.. manly? She looks pretty good from the waist down, I'm not totally on board with the 'cheesecake' exaggerated hips/thighs but the detailing looks great, I like the feet, I'm glad theres no heels... overall from the waist down look better than the 3P options, the arms and helmet also look pretty good too. But the torso and the backpack... yuck, it's a real dealbreaker. I'll give the backpack and shell-forming nature of the figure a pass because, it seems sort of necessary. It's the proportions that ruin it, they are just wrong. I'd like to say that's subjective but I really don't think it is... Arcee doesn't look like this. Now I'm sure someone can dig out some screenshots of her chest being low slung, her face being triangular, her eyes being large and alien-like etc etc... and that's cool, but that's not the Arcee I'd want on my shelf... and I think if we were all being honest about it very few of us actually do.

It seems like an odd trend is developing within G1MP's to both prioritise alt-modes and (
    as the other guy who tells me what to think Jobby the Hong would say) go for a 'looks good from the front but no other angle/cardboard cut out' approach. In an odd way I'm thankful to TT for making my decision to stop collecting official G1MP's so much easier, every release since MP-36 just hasn't done it for me... Hound would have been the exception but then look what happened!

To be fair I was out from the start with Arcee, totally coincidentally I decide to thin down my G1 MP collection a little further a few days before this announcement and decided the remainder of the '86 movie-bots had to go. I'd already sold Ultra Magnus, FT Springer and Arcee(a by no stretch of the imagination perfect figure, probably the weakest of this gang) but I'd kept FT Kup and Hotrod thinking they made a good duo... but they just didn't fit anywhere in my collection without the rest of the gang so I sold them (well Kup, Hotrod is proving harder to shift unsurprisingly). So I don't really 'care' about this figure, I was never going to buy it, but I do care about the MP line as a whole and this just doesn't look great or bode well for the future of the line IMO.

Anyways that's me done. I'll reply if you quote me but otherwise I'm gonna spend more time showering praise on Tigatron.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  15. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    As much as I :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:  on Studio Ox, all their hyper realistic mecha stylized renderings of all TFs were just either for fanzines, product inserts for Takara JP release Tfs and not the actual TF animated renders. So PC is correct with regards to the heels. You too nailed it that Studio Ox is the culprit in first rendering her with heels (iirc, in that art book you refer to, they even attempted to give her a long flowing hair.)

• Like Like x 3
  16. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah I love the hair. Such an odd piece that’s never gotten attention. I’d love if they did it here but I doubt it.

17. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I also think it's doubtful whether they'll release a plus version of MP28 at this point. Not only did we get an animation (error) accurate one two years ago - which I can imagine curbs the potential interest in another 'repaint' - but you can also argue that Hot Rod is too popular of a character for Takara to simply settle for a + update; especially when there is so much room for improvement. While a v2 Rodimus is more imminent, I believe a new Hot Rod is definitely on the table for Takara.

But man, I really hope this is a sign that
    Takara decided it's time to get back to the movie/season three.

18. Powerbomb

Powerbomb Nearly done?

That chest has got to slide up-

Oh hell...Look at the white stripes on her sides, they match up with the chestpiece.

I think it's entirely possible that the 'hinge' on her collar just raises up her chestpiece up to her face for transformation.

Hope I'm wrong though...

19. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    I know a lot of people here get stressed out from all the negativity. I'm not trying to be a dick for being a dick's sake.

I'm just BAFFLED. Just DUMBFOUNDED. How in the holy hell did they make a mistake of such enormous proportions by putting her entire damn chest a few inches low?? She looks like my poor old Aunt Carol whose boobs sag around her knees now that she's in her 60s.

Several people overlooked the ungodly hideous mess that was the entire back of Bumblebee 2, not to mention the ugliest fucking feet in the history of transforming robots, because from the front "He looked great...like he stepped out of the cartoon!!" (Not necessarily my words.)

So for the last however many releases all they care about is the front view. Giant ass backpacks or hollowed out weird back panels and the ugliest feet of all time be damned....if it looks like the cartoon from straight on, it's a success.

Well.......ya blew it Takara. Ya fucking blew it. By your own standards, you had ONE job. ONE JOB. Make this thing look like Arcee in the cartoon. And you blew it. All the third parties did it. Your last Arcee toy did it. But this one, the money shot....and you shat the bed.

I just can't get my head around why they thought this was a good idea....WHO APPROVED THIS??

Also wondering if the Japanese fans are as confused and let down as we are.

• Like Like x 17
  20. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I mean...not to drag this up again...but I’m not on here to debate opinions. I feel like that wasn’t the original intended purpose of this site? I don’t know, I’m just here to look at stuff I want and talk about it with others. Sorry Arcee is so disappointing to most of you :( 

• Like Like x 8