Masterpiece Arcee MP-51

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

WHAT?? No, that’s not how that works! His opinion can never be wrong. It’s his opinion. Someone else may have a different opinion but it does not make his opinion wrong.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Not me, personally. I mean others may say that. I’m in the camp with him that Arcee is looking good and can’t find anything to nitpick about. So I agree with him there. Besides, he’s a passionate collector and contributes to our threads. Works for me. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  3. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Given the negative consensus, I thought I must be going mad, so I'm glad it's not just me that really likes the look of MP-51. I absolutely get the criticisms - the face could have been a little rounder to really capture the cartoon (but the same could be said of Prowl and other MPs), and the backpack is huge - but the more I look at the photos by @Gamerlingual, the more I really like the way this looks. It definitely blows away the 3P offerings for me. Whether a pink doll-like robot on my shelf is one robot too far for my wife is another matter. :D 

• Like Like x 7
  4. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    My wife has seen my female generations collection. They make cool figures to her and she likes how they transform back and form. Even tried to check out a couple herself. So maybe your wife may think the same. You never know.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

I'm with you, man. And I like to think that seeing Arcee on my shelf will be a positive thing for my daughter. She doesn't care about TFs and really isn't into toys much anymore, but it's definitely not a bad thing for her to see some female representation in her dorky ol dad's dorky collection.

• Like Like x 14
  6. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I want to preface my response by saying I really enjoy a lot of your posts. I enjoy your knowledge of TF and Diaclone history, and I like your general demeanor.

Man do I ever disagree with you. I’m not here to have my opinion debated. And I’m not here to have people follow me and give me likes. I’m not an Internet personality and I don’t want people to think what I like.

I’m active on a transformers enthusiasts’ website because I’m a transformers enthusiast. I want to say what I like. I have no desire to debate what I like. I do read most replies in a thread though. I can shift my opinion as I slowly meld with a popular consensus. Sure. But I’m not going to back down when I’m confronted. I’m also not going to keep insisting I’m right when confronted. I just wanted to say I like this Arcee. Very very much. I’m an official guy :)  I’m so happy we are getting an official Arcee!!! I just wish I could buy the designers a beer or 50 at this point.

• Like Like x 20
  7. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    In before the ,"no surprise who like this"," TT could serve up bs and you would still buy it", " there was no need for this, we have better 3P representstion", How much are they charging $300, gor a Arcee", "the MP line has gone downhill" ....comments come in.

That aside I would have preferred her collar being lower, but I like her too. Backpack isn't in an issue for me either as she doesn't appear to have some of the issues the other ones have in bot-mode and still has a better vehicle mode.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's always a negative consensus early on. It's just that the negatives tend to really pop out and are jarring. Once people get used to it, a lot will come around. I think her chest, backpack, and face look bad but the figure overall is pretty good and I'm pretty sure I'll own her when she comes out.

Aw :(  But you're right, and it does kind of sound negative out of context so I've removed it. I just really loved how you said it.

Um.... heh heh heh... I don't suppose it'd be okay to use this as my siggie? :p 

You don't have to defend your opinion if you don't want to debate. But it's just a fact of life that if you put something out there, people may choose to respond. It's only a debate if you keep it going. It is an option to throw out an opinion, see others' replies, and just not reply back to them.

That said, I think you're handling this very well and I especially like how you prefaced your reply with respect. There'd probably be a lot less bickering on this site if more of us followed your example.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  9. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That was far too sensible and rational for a Friday post

• Like Like x 5
  10. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    The head and chest are arguably the most important elements of any Transformer....any action figure really.

And what do they do, with this beloved, anticipated character? They blew it on the head and chest.

I do NOT want to be another one of those negative assholes....again. And I'm sorry. But they just can't seem to get it together!! I'm even OK with the big backpack....the "sexy" hips and legs...it's all fine. Car mode looks wonderful, even.

But the head and especially chest are WRONG. How....HOW do they make such a blunder and then just blow it off, like "Eh....close enough. That's lunch!"

Sigh.

I haven't bought a new mold MP since Sunstreaker. Thought this could be the one to give me back a little bit of that lost thrill, but nah....it's just so glaringly wrong and the worst part is, there's ZERO reason for it to be.

I don't know. If the Japanese fanboys eat it up and it disappears off sites in the first few days, then I guess they're willing to overlook it.

But if it's anything like some of the other less desirable releases, I might have a chance to pick it up on amazon for 50% off when they're trying to get rid of stock. Maybe for the lower price, I'd be willing to accept the flaws. But at this point, it's still a pass and my MP collection remains on semi-permanent hiatus.

Fingers crossed it'll improve even a little by release.

• Like Like x 16
  11. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

I hope you don't think I wrote what I wrote in the sense of offending you, that's not what I meant at all. I was just wondering why one should post an opinion and then say to others that, for him, their opinions is poop. It just doesn't make sense to me in a board where people are supposed to talk each other, elaborate and confront opinions. Just that. I see a lot of people saying that "No, this MP is not a valid MP and if you like it then you're stupid" or "This MP is PUUURRRRFECT and if you say anything less than PUUUUURRRFECT then you should go to a 3rd party thread and don't ruin my day with your thoughts". That brings to people coming to a board and post their opinions in a specific thread so everyone reads that thread is more or less in agreement with them. Hearts and love everywhere <3 <3 <3 <3! I think this is plain stupid... what it the purpose of writing on a board then?! This is what I meant, I hope this makes sense and is not offending anyone.
    I am a bit tired of that. Sometimes I also read posts like "Now that I see how many people don't like this MP I am loving it even more". Like... hey buddy, money is yours, you can also buy something just to make a prank on me but... does it even make sense!?
    So when I read your comment I was like... WTF?! Why then being here?
    But maybe I expressed myself in a too harsh way. If so, then please excuse me, I am sorry.

End of Off topic :D 

@Snaku you can use also the other phrase if you like... Maybe togheter with the phrase you chosen now it makes more sense :D 

• Like Like x 6
  12. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks, but it's funnier to just use the one about not liking it used out of context by itself :D 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dean ML

I'm just hoping we get a Hot Rod+ this year to go with her and we don't have to wait another 4+ years for another Movie/s3 core character. At least the Trainbots were in Headmasters with her!

• Like Like x 9
  14. DirkManus

DirkManus Well-Known Member

Can't see them having a third stab at the same character.
    I hope we get cyclonus and scourge.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dean ML

You mean Hot Rod? He could easily go for the anime + treatment like Bluestreak and Smokescreen. New head on a ball joint with three faces, more anime accurate deco (pinker) with a bigger cartoon insignia, and maybe an effect part or two. As far as the rest of the Movie/s3 cast goes, I hope Kup or Galvatron are next.

• Like Like x 9
  16. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    he doesn't

• Like Like x 11
  17. 4249david

Ebay:
    This just makes me stop and think. Arcee, Trainbots, then ???

You don't think they are skipping the movie per se, and going for post-S3 do you? As in, full on Japanese series?

Don't get me wrong, it'd be cool to see, but I am limiting myself to S1-3, both for space and money. I know others love the idea of Headmasters etc. being made but surely you shore up the S1 cast at least?

I dunno, but you comment literally made my jaw drop like I'd have had some sort of epiphany, and I didn't like it!

• Like Like x 2
  18. PositivelyKen

PositivelyKen One Man Gestalt

They've already released an MP Star Saber (Victory) and another upcoming release is MP Lio Convoy (Beast Wars 2nd), so Takara has already shown they're definitely willing to dabble in post-G1 season 3 and other Japanese-exclusive fiction for figure ideas, if they're popular enough to be worthwhile.

On topic: Can't wait to put MP Arcee with Magnus and Hot Rod!

• Like Like x 2
  19. 4249david

Ebay:
    Oh, yeah, for sure. But this is two together (or sort of), and that's unusual so far. It'll remain to be seen, but it just made me think we may be off down a rabbit hole!

Arcee might be the start of something 'different', but let's get her out first and see what happens...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus

News Credits:
    It wouldn’t be the first time:
    Streak
    Bluestreak
    Silverstreak
    Streak+

Though with Hot Rod, I’d love to get a black deco.

I don’t think so. They gave us Soundblaster, but then kept to Seasons 1 & 2. Then Ultra Magnus and Star Saber. Then back to seasons 1 and 2 for the next 5 or 6 years.

I think we’ll see more Season 3 characters, but i don’t foresee an entire line shift.

• Like Like x 2