Masterpiece Arcee MP-51

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    A-fuckin-men. Wish people would reserve comments on reviewers to their comments section under their youtube videos. Easy enough to skim past I suppose.

That said, our very own @Sixo does amazing reviews. For him I'll make an exception :wink: 

Thanks pal. Anime Export is currently still waiting for a reply from DHL for a shipping quote to Ireland, because DHL won't ship to Russia. So then I'll have to get a family member to post it onto me from there.

Needless to say it's gonna be a long wait.

Haven't had a new mould MP since MP-44 (my early copy of MP-45 arrived the day before him). Guess I can wait a couple more months. Heck I didn't even post pics of my MP-44 or MP-45 here because I was taking a break from the boards. I haven't posted pics of a new G1 MP since... Sunstreaker? :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  2. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than an empty Fanstoys box.

News Credits:
    Sixo's channel is simply a joy.

The wait will be worth it once Arcee does finally get to you. There's just so much character to her.

• Like Like x 4
  3. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, Sixo’s a nice fella, too bad he doesn’t hangout here much anymore. Can’t wait to see photo skills with MP51.

• Like Like x 5
  4. fywdyl

fywdyl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP-51 is definitely an expressive figure as demonstrated by the photos in this thread, but I don't think it represents Arcee well (neither do any of the other 3P offerings).

I found this image online, and in my mind, this is what Arcee should look like. More slim and slender than curvy.

Nonetheless, MP-51 seems to be a great figure and that alt mode is def awesome, but sadly, I won't be picking one up.

Earthrise-Arcee-Concept-Art-01.jpg
    sketch-1611020509830.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Onibaku_Rave

Onibaku_Rave Posing is part of my religion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Old):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Not exactly what you’re looking for, but I’m sure it’s interesting for somebody. Here’s my process of taking and editing a photo:

The set-up: camera, external flash, black plexiglass and bounce card.
    8F86DAE0-E969-4485-86F2-8E1C79BE07A4.jpeg

Here’s a shot taken from my phone mounted on top of my camera. As you can see, the figure is free standing without any stands or support.
    997A4076-DC76-4724-8DB6-96090EBC4135.jpeg

This is what the shot looks like straight from the camera.
    A5D992CE-B774-42A5-8264-7F8E6491D7F6.jpeg

The photo is imported into Lightroom for the majority of the edit.
    4C170503-6329-4EEB-B4AB-41C38D94D545.jpeg

Here I am adding a graduated filter to compensate for the lighting on the lower right of the image.
    8327B98C-EA7C-46FB-A099-6CF2F8865A1C.jpeg

The image is then exported to Photoshop for cleaning blemishes, additional adjustments, and to get rid of stands or supports if they were used
    EC88C991-333D-48B5-8117-D098AE489A2A.jpeg

Here’s the finished edit, ready for publishing.
    51761896-ED75-494F-8F79-83A7ED5D5B1B.jpeg

Feel free to ask me any questions

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 29
  6. Qcjoe

Qcjoe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That overlay really shows where the issue is. It looks more like the neck/white part should come out more

7. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    You know what I mean and again, camera angles and pose trickery. clearly the legs cannot go back. It's a frustrating design flaw.

Has anyone at all got around this yet? Is there some sort of fix for it? or is it a mold issue due to the way it was designed?

Also, thanks for sharing. Some I've seen look....okay I guess, but seeing it on a shelf will look weird and unnatural to me.

I want her I really do. maybe I'll just pull the trigger and wait and see if there's some kind of fix for the lack of backward leg movement.

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure how you mean. Legs aren't supposed to go back. Most humans can't move their legs beyond maybe 10 degrees backwards from their pelvis, and that's with a lot of stress and stretching. Your legs definitely do not go backward when you're running.

• Like Like x 7
  9. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Really cool thanks for sharing my friend. like I keep telling you, you've come such a long way in such a short time with how you take photos. eventually you'll get so good you won't even need an editing program. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well thank goodness this isn't a human and a transforming robot action figure.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Wait a second, *gasp*

So does this actually mean all action figures and transformers in the last 30 years or so have been doing it...wrong? O_O

:jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: 

12. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    That's not the point.

If you're trying to achieve realistic/human poses, then you're obviously referencing real anatomy.

I mean, if you want to put her in a "QWOP" running pose, then that's your prerogative.

I mean, yes? Human elbows and knees aren't double-jointed either. There's a singular pivot point, with maybe a ~150 degree sweep of motion. If you doubled your limbs over a full 180 degrees like a lot of action figures can, then that's a broken/dislocated limb and you're going to be in a shit-ton of pain.

Action figure articulation isn't designed to be true-to-life. It's designed to approximate human range of motion, while getting around the fact that human flesh is squishy and can deform, while plastic is hard and cannot.

Action figures can do reverse splits fine, but you try that in real life, you've just torn all your groin muscles. Real-life splits are accomplished with a subtle pelvic twist as well.

Take a good luck at photos of runners. At full extension, the striking leg will probably be seen as perpendicular to the back. When the leg is beyond perpendicular, you're also probably seeing some back arch as well (which is probably not proper running posture).

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  13. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I feel from here on out then all figures need to have this legs posing limitation then.

It's that Black & White I admit. Including Flame toys and the higher end collectibles.

again it's a massive revelation that all these years people have been designing things wrong.

Yes I am being completely sincere. I don't joke.

14. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So every other figure that can move their legs more than 10 degrees back just has wrong articulation? Cause MP-44 can move all the way back, same with MP-36, or most of the MP line.
    Since when did we start wanting the MP figures to be limited to human articulation, rather than getting as much as possible? Or is just for Arcee?

15. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Also, apologies @mx-01 archon I'm not saying you are wrong and meaning to argue. it's just frustrating that they only pick NOW to make this a thing.

...and yet all things designed after Arcee will still have full leg poseability. :( 

16. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    You guys are being weird. Obviously there's a shit-ton of stuff that action figures can do that humans can't. Humans can't twist their biceps or thighs 360 degrees either (technically, we can't at all. That motion is achieved because our shoulder and hips are ball-socketed).

But when the specific request was "put the figure in a natural human pose", you obviously shouldn't need to engage inhuman ranges of articulation to achieve that.

• Like Like x 6
  17. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have zero clue what you mean. All the pics I’ve shown are done without tricks and clearly demonstrates running. At this point, the burden is on YOU to show a picture of a NATURAL running MP because you said, “I've never seen a single MP yet that can't do a running pose........”. We can then replicate the pose. Pick several angles and MPs if you like. Go...

18. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I sadly don't own any. they were all in my last collection that i had to sell in order to afford a new place to live. :( 

19. KayODave

KayODave Still a grey prototype

Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    Alright I've had enough of this dumb argument. No action figure on the planet can hold a running pose without assistance of a stand because a real running pose is fundamentally unbalanced. Try running right now. You'll notice that while running, the body leans forward so as to maintain momentum from one step to the next, and if you pause at any point during a run you'll just fall forward. Any so-called "running pose" you put a figure in is really just a pose of something balancing on one foot while kicking the other one out.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

"Wrong?" or that technology and engineering have been evolving, improving every step of the way. MP01 was like the apex back in 204, then MP10 in 2011 and Mp44 in 2019 with now an ab crunch etc.

It's quite awe inspiring to be able to witness how far toy engineering has gone a long long way.