Masterpiece Arcee MP-51

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

If only there were previous examples where people didn't moan about how they were handled.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I expected a bit more competency from Takara in actually realizing perky anime boobs.

Seems a strange extra step to take, though, molding that as a separate piece simply to hide the symbol in robot mode when it wouldn't be bothersome in the first place. It makes me wonder if there's something else going on there.

That's kind of my leading theory right now too.

• Like Like x 5
  3. silith210518

silith210518 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Won't replace rouge for me as it's just not that much of a jump in any direction apart from alt mode and it's getting a fair bit wrong? The head looks off which is probably gonna have alt heads so that could change. The chest area looks off as well. But the lower half is done well and looks very clean, a tale of two halfs literally this one.

Azalea and rouge (think I spelt both wrong!) Are very balanced looking and half a really polished complete look, this just doesn't?

4. Georgii10235

Georgii10235 A member for fun

News Credits:
    Having slept after a 25 hour day and seeing these new pictures I think I'm in love with this figure. So much attention to detail has been put into this figure. The backpack doesn't look as bad as MP-45 and from most angles she looks beautiful! The headsculpt to me is good, there's many interpretations with how Arcee's face should look since it wasn't always consistent - it isn't the most accurate to some caps of the movie/toon but it's well done. Yesterday I thought the eyes had gaps between the face but those were actually her eyebrows/eyelines like damn, none of the third parties have done that to my knowledge.

The proportions look WAY better than the blurry images we got yesterday, though the chest isn't that much better. I don't think it's bad and I think we've gotten plenty of pictures of what a female anatomy looks like lol. They've compromised the chest sculpt by having it part of the actual car mode, I thought it was faux but it's not, the top of the chest hides underneath the hood so it had to be sloped to a certain angle to appease those faux part damners (though I joke :p ). But yeah, she is curvy. The feet don't look short either. The only thing I don't like is the collar which makes her neck look long but I can overlook it.

Hope QC won't be an issue for Arcee, I feel like that's most people's make or break for this figure. Paint here looks beautiful but if it's terrible on release then that's a disappointment, I've been lucky with my newer MPs so far in terms of that. Price isn't bad with 30% off given she has accessories to justify it.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Goregrinder

Goregrinder Well-Known Member

it looks like she's a full shellformer, which I guess we should expect from the MP line at this point

• Like Like x 3
  6. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    A variation of the Hotrodimus mold I see in her. Face it( pun intended) no one will ever be satisfied with the face sculpt/design.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Georgii10235

Georgii10235 A member for fun

News Credits:
    Isn't that the case with Arcee in general? The 3P Arcees are sort of shell-formers too with the exception of ToyWorld lol. Also TT's Arcee is the only one that actually uses the front of the car as the chest which is at least something.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Looks like she could have almost the entire car mode transformed on her back, no need for a stand then!

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It should be expected for Arcee.

The only part of her vehicle that is retained in robot mode is her chest. Practically every other bit of her vehicle mode magically vanishes away (depending on the scene, sometimes her thighs become her rear fenders, and the rear tires are implied to be in her knees. But that transformation scheme doesn't work at all with this colour layout on the vehicle mode).

• Like Like x 5
  10. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Isn't MP44,MP45, BW megs, Dinobot another form of shellforming? It still transforms. That's what's important right?;) 

• Like Like x 7
  11. Orbitalchaos

Orbitalchaos Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    We got lots of those haha

• Like Like x 1
  12. Goregrinder

Goregrinder Well-Known Member

yeah the MP line has been doing shellforming for a while now

• Like Like x 1
  13. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
  14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, none of the headsculpts available on any of the MP Arcee attempts quite capture her on-screen look.

• Like Like x 6
  15. DerpySpike

DerpySpike G1 til I die

Twitter:
    I'd advise against this, unless you're happy with having your pre-order shipped 6+ weeks after release.

16. Redinferno77

Redinferno77 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 18
  17. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So in other words, they 're catering to their market, Transformer collectors, car people(since we didn't get a pink block with headlights), and the collectors over there that go for "sexy" figures .

I do wish her collar was shorter, but that transformation joint in the middle of it probably requires it to be a little longer than it should be.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

I personally think MP-51 is the clear winner. Only one with a very good alt mode and gets 99% of the coloring details right. But there is no doubt that DX and Fan Toys do a number of things better in robot mode and evoke the onscreen character well. All of these have glaring flaws

• Like Like x 7
  19. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

Ouch

20. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    jesus christ....

• Like Like x 2