Masterpiece Arcee MP-51

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Feb 8, 2020.

1. HnH

HnH MPM Moron

News Credits:
    to be honest she wasn't the MP i suspected to be revealed though....a nice and pleasant surprise, hopefully we see more and better pics of her in the coming days

2. Orbitalchaos

Orbitalchaos Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    F0BD98F5-21B0-4F83-BF79-95C4740539E4.jpeg

• Like Like x 18
  3. moonDUST

moonDUST Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    Is this a thing now? Mp BB had the windows on the heels thing and now arcee has Old age Boobies.

• Like Like x 4
  5. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Vehicle mode is pretty much perfect.....Bot mode,the chest seems to be sitting way too low,hopefully its a mistranformation,the backpack looks massive...So far lookswise i prefer the Fanstoys one

6. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Well this looks better than the poster images....but not that much better. The car mode is fantastic and seems, a al MP-45 Bumblebee, to have taken priority over the robot mode. Also like MP-45, they sculpted her face in reference to the times she looked most 'derpy'. What are you thinking TT? If that chest section sat where is should sit I'd be less unimpressed but once again they've given a figure a giant backpack and I'm just not down with that. 16,000 yen is actually (by todays standards) pretty reasonably, I'd expected closer to 18-20k but I ain't buying this, to be fair i never was.

I had FT Rouge and she was not perfect by any stretch of the imagination... but transformation and articulation aside she looked way better than this. Something has gone seriously wrong with the design team working in G1, I'm just so glad the design in the Beast Wars office is still on point.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Can I just say I appreciate that for once, Arcee isn't wearing high-heels?

• Like Like x 11
  8. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Yes yes yes and Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

The guys are on the case .... :cool: 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  10. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

Based on these clearer new shots, it's not the chest but unexpectedly the oversized eyes that are the deal breaker for me. I was hoping TT would be the ones to better capture her likeness after pretty much all the 3P's failed to get the face on point in one way or another

But this insectoid bug-eyed look (which if anything reminds me of FT Tesla ... never good! :eek: ) just doesn't capture the shrewd intelligence and/or empathy her eyes emoted in the movie, i.e: generally narrower in most shots.

[​IMG]

So pending alt faces to correct this (and that chest plate moving naturally) gonna have to say: missed opportunity to be hands down the best MP-Arcee to date, imo. Close, but no cigar.

• Like Like x 3
  11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ultimately, what we're going to have to get past here is that this toy isn't being designed to be wholly G1 accurate. This is probably Kobayashi back at it again and "perfecting" his robo-waifu. He's given her the curvy, toned abs again (as per her previous Generations incarnation), and this time cleared up her backpack area a bit to not obscure the view of her butt and pinup-style arched back. The chest proportions have been altered to reflect a realistic bust-line, with the breast area starting at the armpits. Her eyes are a bit bigger and more anime doe-like than they ever appeared in the animation. He's sexy-ing her up as much as possible, while still keeping within the relatively wholesome reins of the G1 lineart and not jumping off the Big Firebird deep end.

• Like Like x 6
  12. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    She definitely looks better in these new pics, but there's no getting away from the fact that the chest placement feels not ideal. Alt is absolutely on point though. I really don't think the backpack is a huge deal tbh. Depending on price I'll get her in and see how she feels in hand. I'm currently using Azalea as I much, much preferred her transformation to Rouge.

13. Chris C137

Chris C137 Have some self respect. Take the QC sticker off.

News Credits:
    I've just noticed the autobot logo in alt mode can flip around so it's not visible on her backpack in bot mode. At least that's a small improvement over some backpacks Takara have done where they leave a logo visible on the back/butt.

There's also a tab slot over the rear fenders in alt mode which are still visible in bot mode. I wonder if the front fenders are meant to tab over those in bot mode to lock/ compress the backpack more?
    EQTla4vU8AAwKR2~2.jpeg

Since we're still in the "it must be mistransformed" stage of this reveal, yet it looks like the chest is as it should be, I'm going to speculate a different part is mistransformed that's causing the saggy bewbs look: Maybe the abs can be extended and are not in these pics? Bare with me :p 
    The gif in the post got me wondering if the whole upper torso could telescope up to reveal the white section of her abs and make the whole thing look a bit better proportioned. It does seem odd for Takara to have designed it to intentionally not have that white ab section visible though, when they've striven for accuracy. If the intended transformation is exactly what we're seeing it's not a deal breaker for me by any means it's just not preferable. I still think it overall looks pretty good.

Likewise for the face, I don't think it's a bad face at all, it's just that it's strangely off-model, which again Takara have usually been nailing in the MP line. Even the artwork in the background got the face right, so they obviously know how it should look. Again it would be nice if we saw that change before release (along with some cool alternate faces/ expressions) but I'm happy enough with it as is.

• Like Like x 7
  14. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

Wow. With a backpack like this it's obvious why she's on display with a stand...

Seems to be the second time TT aren't able to recreate a toon face. Hound looks good but he's far off from being screen accurate. Did they hire a new designer?

The collar section makes her look really weird. It also looks like she's wearing work gloves.

It's sad seeing the MP line go downhill. The latest toys have been overpriced, QC riddled and they made some very questionable design choices. Thank god as collectors we have options.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    Not too bad. I’d rather TT did Elita One, but it’s cool to finally see G1 Arcee in toy form.

16. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Uhh, that was back in 2014.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    Meh, IDW.

18. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    What, no. IDW Arcee never looked like that (other than that toy tie-in cover). That toy was straight G1, especially with the TakaraTomy colours.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

Kind of disappointed with this one, reminds me of MP-28, which I am not a fan of. Unlike that one, MP Arcee at least gets the car perfect, and the similar sized backpack is more forgivable here because the animation model had one. But the face, chest, and stomach area are all pretty off and don’t really evoke what you see on screen.

Ultra Magnus aside, TT just doesn’t seem to be able to get the movie characters right at an MP level. I know the animation models are an incredible challenge, and it’s not like the 3P guys have nailed these characters either, but it’s unfortunate that after all this time these two characters still don’t have a definitive version with all of the engineering advances available.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Well... These new images make her look alooooot better thankfully.
    My predicted fake outrage has subsided somewhat.

I'm really holding out on the chest being able to slide up a few mm's. Currently it's on par as being bad like Hot Rod's pizza box chest or Ironhides diaper. The face is hopefully just a "doey eyed cute deformed anime version" the others will hopefully have a different vibe.
    Figures have been tweaked in the past, hopefully this one is too.

These things aside everything else is perfect, even the fricken elbows are spot on.
    Accessories I'm predicting: Daniel, blaster & Cyclonus paper gun range target.

• Like Like x 4