Masterpiece Arcee MP-51

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Glad to know I’m not the only one who likes her design. She does look really good. Face is fine and people would recognize her as Arcee

• Like Like x 7
  2. B u m b l e b e e

B u m b l e b e e Bumblebee

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Maybe...?
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  3. giafunk

giafunk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is definitely a prototype. If you compare the chest to the hood of the car, the chest looks like 1 block, where the hood of the car has a clear panel break. Also the autobot logo is on a square piece that is completely absent on the robot chest. Either prototype or not the same part aka fake chest tee hee

4. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Yeah, it's more than likely that the chest is mistransformed and sitting too low. That said, the face sculpt is not great, and what we can see of the backpack doesn't look promising. Alt mode looks good. Holding off further judgment until we get better pics.

-XCN-

Edit: OK, that's a ROUGH backpack, and the alignment of the paint job on the chest doesn't inspire confidence that it's mistransformed. Oh well. At least we have Azalea.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

Death..........by snu snu!

• Like Like x 1
  6. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

I really hope you are correct because in its current state, we also lose the white abdomen area. Unfortunately though, the side shot shows a white line across the side of the torso lining up perfectly, either thats a huge coincide after mis transformation or that chest is exactly where it's meant to be

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    How half this thread see the figure
    [​IMG]
    How the other half does.

• Like Like x 10
  8. B u m b l e b e e

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Hmm... that seems very plausible. How discouraging :( 

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    A man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do.

10. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Pretty sure that’s a hinge not a slider, and there is sculpted detail that lines up in that position, so even if it is a slider, it’s in the right position

not to mention that even if it did slide up, what’s gonna replace the area above the navel?

I feel like this hoping for mistranformation happens every new reveal, it’s getting a bit tiresome to me, seeing as the times shit was actually wrong on an MP are few and far between

like idk, I guess I just feel that accepting it is easier, then if by chance it was wrong, I’m happy it was fixed rather than disappointed it was correct

To clarify I’m not trying to call anyone out, I’m just feeling some fatigue with the cyclical nature reveals

still hyped for that Tigatron tho

1A83023F-617B-4494-BC0B-EDD1F5FC7305.png

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  11. B u m b l e b e e

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I figured that it’d show off her white belly. But yeah, right now the chest is lined up with the white strip detail. So it’s probably supposed to be like that

12. Laserpants

Laserpants Well-Known Member

She’s pretty fabulous, but she doesn’t look like Arcee. Might pick her up anyway, as she’ll likely be a ton of fun to pose and I wholly support more MP fembots.

• Like Like x 2
  13. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I believe so.
    And now I’m inclined to get it... pending reviews of course.

• Like Like x 1
  14. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    Looks like her chest and stomach aren’t connected, and meet during transformation into robot mode. Some pics seem to have a gap. If that’s true, this isn’t mistransformed, Arcee just has granny boobs. Not the end of the world, just depressing since you know this will cost $169+.

15. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    She looks exactly like Arcee to me. I agree the collar is the part that is off but I can deal with it. It's not that off and I'm sure the underlying reasons are there because if we notice it, they did too.

I have zero issues with the face.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was and still am super impressed how FT packed up all that car into two separate shoulder pods not connected by some piece of car hood, while other attempts had a whole front car shell on the back, or partsformed, or essentially had large parts of the alt mode missing to solve that problem. So it's a bit of a shame TT didnt manage to pull off the same and went with the whole front car shell on the back. Still if the payoff is a less excruciating transformation and that totally perfect alt mode, I'm ok with that.

Add me to the list of being rather disappointed by the chest. I expected a bit more class from TT than trying to realise perky anime boobs. Or to avoid the debate on whether or not perky anime boobs are in good taste, maybe I'll just say i expected more cartoon accuracy from TT. I similarly wish the midriff was accurately angled rather than human curvy, but at least theres a hint of an edge on the pink crotch making them a little more accurate rather than just like panties.

• Like Like x 10
  17. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

You can order from Nippon-Yasan as well... you don't need to pay up front, they will ask you for payment a few days before it's scheduled to drop...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    Me neither:

5BC06E06-4FA0-44AB-AAAD-95E7ED93CFA7.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Arcee kinda suffers for there being both too much choice in the 'Masterpiece-scale Arcee toys' arena, and the expectations Takara has built up for themselves from previous releases.

T30 Arcee distinguished itself from other 3rd party releases of the time by having a car mode that didn't completely give up, at the cost of some hefty back kibble. This new Masterpiece appears to double down, with an even stronger and more screen-accurate vehicle mode (compared to 3rd party contemporaries), and just as much if not more backpack mass. The head and face look a bit narrow to me, with the chin overly pronounce and pointy. Hard to say exactly what's correct though, as the exact shape is up to interpretation based on the animator or the angle of the drawing.
    I think the least forgivable aspect is the design of the chestplate, which comes off as too wide and 'busty' and 'perky' compared to the cartoon model. There may be some fudge-room here, but it looks like its issues stem from being the front chunk of the vehicle, and allowing for enhanced articulation like butterfly shoulder joints and the like. I can't help but wonder if it would have come off better with a full fake chest instead of using part of the car front.

I'm interested, but it will depend heavily on price (and more final details). Suffice it to say, if TakTom try selling Arcee for $225 or more, I ain't touching it.

20. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

The part with the auto bot logo is on her back, you can see it on other photos. It's not a fake part, the chest is the front of the car