Masterpiece Arcee MP-51

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

YouTube (Handle):
    I'm on my phone so browsing this is difficult, but are there any pics comparing the height with MP-28/40? I really don't like the backpack, chest or face, but it's been a lean year MP wise so I'm considering taking a punt, but if she's shorter than Takara's Hot Rod she'll be way too short next to Hoodlum and therefore useless for my display. Even if she's the same height as the official it'd be pushing it...

2. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just jumped to the initial posts, so there's more...

3. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Robot Kingdom are usually one of the first companies to post in-hand photos of the boxes and coins, so for them I think it’s pretty fast (@HolyCulture might be able to confirm). I’ve never placed pre-orders from either of them personally.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Optional Prime

Optional Prime Cereal Killer

If TT ever come around to try movie-accurate transformation processes, this one's going to be a sqeeze ball... :eek: 

• Like Like x 3
  5. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TT releases typically release on Saturday. And I used to get figures anywhere from the following Monday - Friday. Usually on Tuesday.

Since last December RK has stopped shipping to my country with EMS, and it's been rather annoying. They have to use a native Korean company called TNT. It's fast once it gets in the mail but now RK won't ship my items until about a week after release. I have 2 Spinouts, and 2 new Diaclone figures paid for and they STILL haven't shipped. My correspondence with RK has always made me an incredibly happy customer, so I'm just being patient. I owe them that. But it still sucks.

• Like Like x 4
  6. AndyPurro

AndyPurro Cancerous Pyro Main

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Just preordered her on Robot Kingdom!

Now to wait till she releases!

7. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    I’m so glad I held off on ordering. This toy looks weird. Anyway: CE979456-3599-4242-A7AD-CF9EB2892BE7.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried paying Arcee off with Amazon gift cards on AJ? I tried to do that today and I got an error message. The gift card now says "applied" under it which means it is used, but Arcee has not been paid off and on her order page it's still telling me that I have a gift card balance I can apply to the order.

Anyway I contacted AJ customer service and they are telling me all I can do is get a refund on the gift card because I'm not allowed to change my payment method for a preorder. They are saying I must pay with my credit card because that's what I preordered with. It's very odd.

• Like Like x 2
  9. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    pretty sure someone had mentioning that happening before, can't remember who it was @Agent 539 maybe.

10. AndyPurro

AndyPurro Cancerous Pyro Main

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don’t trust amazon with thier Pre-ordering system, it’s always dodgy and I still have the ER Ratchet and Lifeline on preorder even though I’m seeing them literally everywhere online on youtube, here etc.

11. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I had this happen for Arcee as well. Customer Service also told me they couldn't apply the gift card for unknown reasons. I've been able to apply them to Starscream, however.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Paco Grande

This is Amazon Japan. I’ve been ordering MP’s there for years and I’ve never heard of anyone having any issues with preorders. I’ve never had an issue with Amazon Canada either. I think the canceled preorders are an Amazon U.S. issue.

That is very odd. Did you use any Amazon points for Arcee? I did and I’m wondering if that’s part of the problem. I just asked for a refund on my gift card because they are telling me that’s all they can do.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Agent 539

Agent 539 Blackrock Gas Attendant TFW2005 Supporter

4BBC9C05-CDB7-4B49-9CBF-0FFB77E129B4.jpeg
    I believe I mentioned it in the Arcee thread. This is what my summary looks like. The gift card was applied when I made the order. Not sure why it’s not working for some now.

• Like Like x 3
  14. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Amazon UK have issues too. It's mainline stuff though he's talking here, not MP. No idea whether AJP or others have similar problems with mainline, although the real issues seem to be the Selects/US store exclusive sets and those are all TT Mall in Japan.

@AndyPurro Amazon JP pre orders for MP stuff are solid as hell.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @lord ginrai may know better, but from my experience using them in Japan, it was a totally different beast then in the US.

16. Paco Grande

Normally I can pre-order with a credit card and if I want to I can load up a gift card and pay the figure off in advance. But for some reason on this one order it won't let me. It even has that message like on yours where it says "You have this much on your gift card balance" and you can click Apply to pay. But when I click it I get an error message saying the gift card is not good. And AJ support is now telling me that I cannot use a gift card to pay off a pre-order that was made with a credit card. I also tried changing the payment method (there's a button to do that) and I got a different error. Hopefully they will just refund my gift card and I'll just have to pay later.

Truth be told I'm attempting to weasel out of a preorder on AJ which is the only reason I want to pay off Arcee early. I have an MPM-11 preorder there and my local Toys Are Us had it on sale so I've already bought it for $100 cheaper. I can't cancel the MPM-11 preorder so I wanted to pay off Arcee with a gift card balance and then remove my credit card from my account. To be honest I don't know what AJ will do if I tried that or if it's even possible. But I've seen a few people mention that on here as a potential way to get out of a preorder past the cancellation window. :) 

Yeah I've ordered all my mainline figures through Amazon Canada with zero issues but I don't recall ever buying an exclusive so that may be the issue. I have all of SS86 wave 1 preordered at Amazon Canada so we shall see if that works out ok.

• Like Like x 1
  17. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think @RichP had a way to get out of an AMJP preorder. Can’t recall the exact details but something to do with giving either an old CC number or an expired date. Might have to ask him. It can be done.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Paco Grande

My issue is that I have two preorders for the same release date: MPM-11 and MP-51. I want to keep the MP-51 preorder and ditch the MPM-11. I think I'm going to just have to eat the cost and attempt to sell one of my MPM-11s. Lesson learned. I usually order MPMs after release because they always go on sale at some point but for some reason I pulled the trigger too early this time. :oops: 

Thanks for the advice everyone! It is appreciated! :) 

• Like Like x 1
  19. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I wonder if it has to do with proximity to release date? I think you could just remove your card in case MPM-11 comes first. If MP-51 comes first and you don't have a card on, they should send you an email to update the payment method. Then you can just add it back on. I haven't removed a card before, but I've had to try multiple payment attempts before because my bank was blocking it. They give you quite a few attempts too, so your order isn't canceled immediately.

Edit: Just saw that they release on the same day. I think you could still do the same thing as long as they aren't on the same order. Just add your card back for one and not the other.

20. Paco Grande

That was a good idea but I just tried that and it changes my card info on both orders. So I could probably get out of both pre-orders or none. But not one. Arcee is sold out everywhere I would want to buy from from so I'm going to just stick with my AJ order and deal with it. Thank you for trying though!

To get this thread back on topic, I'm getting pretty stoked for MP Arcee! I wasn't that thrilled with this release when she was first announced but to me, any new MP is a good MP, especially when it's a character that has not had an MP before. So the excitement is building. I'm running out of shelf space but she is pretty tiny so she should fit just fine.