Masterpiece Arcee MP-51

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Feb 8, 2020.

1. ShylockZeuss

ShylockZeuss Surprise!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I wouldn't say it's lazy, pretty sure it's a design choice. They designed her to look more human.
    20201115_010142.png

I personally don't mind the design change, but I totally understand why people hate it.
    All they have to do is to raise the chest slope higher and it would fix both her chest and neck problem.
    20201115_015440.png

• Like Like x 33
  2. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:

That adjustment makes her near & closer to being a top 5 MP of all time!

If one of the kings... @Liampope @BrutiKing @SelectedLime375 could 3D print a little colour matched clip on piece I'd certainly pay like $20+ for it. The break line would match the angular ridge so it wouldn't look out of place.

If I get her, I've decided I'm going to file down her chin by like 1mm to make the face anime perfect.
    A few tweaks and she'll be up there in my favourites with MP-36. If the legs are indeed die cast like Dean mentioned she will probably have a really premium feel in hand.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you. Takara should have made MP Arcee the first MP headmaster in their line. With the absence of the head in alt mode they would have gained space for improving the chest. However, that still would not fixed the other issues you mentioned.

• Like Like x 3
  4. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Is the alt mode wheel weapon magnetic?

5. Simp4Arcee

Simp4Arcee Well-Known Member

If only Takara had opened up with that comparison in their promo pics, it might not have stirred such controversy.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  6. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Pretty sure people did explain that, but jokes about saggy robot bewbs tend to get more likes.

• Like Like x 7
  7. almightywhacko

almightywhacko New Member

Why choose to make Arcee more human and none of the other bots? Takara has been pushing for slavish cartoon accuracy with their recent Masterpiece figures and while they're not always successful that is usually because of engineering complexity and not as a design choice. IMO if the chose to make Arcee's breasts flat and not like the cartoon model it was probably to address an issue with transformation and not because the designer preferred "shelf boobs."

• Like Like x 3
  8. Aldetron

Aldetron Seeker

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 9
  9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've said it before. The extenuating factor here is that Arcee is the designer's waifu. That's pretty much it. These are all evolutions of design tweaks he's made to Arcee from day one, with the custom figure that got him hired at Takara in the first place. TakaraTomy probably gave him the leeway on that because Japan simply doesn't have the same pearl-clutching attitude over sex appeal.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    What @Jarrod said!

Let the makers of Nicee come up with an Arcee then which looks that much like the G1 cartoon. I doubt that they could then still create "literally a girl that transforms into a car".

• Like Like x 2
  11. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    This is spot-on, Jarrod. People are more than welcome to share their opinions, but comments like 'how can anyone like this?' go beyond that.

Another excellent post. See, this is why I have no problems with the figure. That's all that's missing from it. And the reason the chest shape is altered is to allow for butterfly shoulder joints, and also to allow the chest to be used in vehicle mode (which is why the top of it has a smaller angle). It's the physics of transformation. It's the reason why MP-36 has a slightly shorter chest than he should have, but dammit that barely registers when I look at him because of all that he gets right. Same is true for Arcee here.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Mr Buttons

Mr Buttons Active Member

I don't know exactly whom this person was,but the vitriol they used in saying that they didn't like Arcee was comical and sad.

When I read said post; the very first thing I wondered if the poster of the comment just had a grudge against the most delicious (women) sex.

13. Mr Buttons

Mr Buttons Active Member

Hey, if you like thinking dog shit is candy I won't stop you from eating it as a matter of fact please...eat more!.

Car mode for Arcee is spot on...that bot mode, bruh.....needs some work.

14. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster No relation to the Autobot, ironically. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Seconded, brother.

Well hot damn, talk about one hell of a fix you don't think about until someone puts it right in front of your face.

Bravo, Shylock. Hoping some 3P or 4P looks at this and duly notes it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dev1160

Dev1160 A.K.A. DevastaTTor

Maybe I should have said the design seems unfinished or compromised. Between the chest and the backpack, it seems like more could have been done to help the bot mode.

• Like Like x 2
  16. jackisking

News Credits:
    I'd imagine some of that would be the KISS guy who does the preliminary sketches to have some help in that.

17. CapZat

CapZat Well-Known Member

no I don't think that the figure is terrible, the figure (from those pictures) is TERRIBLE, the backpack looks worse than Earthrise Arcee and the chest area is just bad design, the figure is Terrible, and as I said you can love something like that, people hate LG Blackarachnia and I love her even with her flaws, but people need to stop pretending that great issues are "meh" if we want to talk objectively about the figure if that isn't the case well many people will love this figure and that's fine! but that doesn't change the facts, the backpack is terrible, the chest area is terrible, the hands look terrible,
    I put Nicee as an example because Nicee's design is WAAAAAY MORE difficult to turn into a car than G1 Arcee because G1 Arcee still looks like a robot, Nicee is a gynoid that can turn into a car, and Nicee's design has success in all stages, robot mode, transformation and alt-mode, is totally possible, and also having a great functional backpack, people just can't keep saying "DOOD ARCEE'S DESIGN IS IMPOSSIBLE TO RECREATE" because things like Nicee exist, hell, even Challenger or Perukill, Dragoon, I'm talking about the engineering, not the designs, turning a super stylized robot into a car with a great transformation is possible in 2020, totally possible without going hard-mode like FT figures

• Like Like x 2
  18. jackisking

News Credits:
    tenor.gif

• Like Like x 7
  19. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Alrighty then. Try to keep it peaceful, please.

To set the record straight, it looks a ton better in person than the pictures suggest. I was at wonderfest and sure, aside from the torso, everything else was solid. Give it a chance, even with the QC. Like I said, I’m in when the price is cheaper. So she will somehow be coming my way. Just a matter of when

For the recent and next items, I’m pretty sure Spinout will be solid as was Tigatron.

• Like Like x 5