Masterpiece Arcee MP-51

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well enough people did where we had an entire thread on how to fix them, and Takara changed them for the MP-49 release.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mr Buttons

Mr Buttons Well-Known Member

I'll just wait for V.2 of MP-51 there are toooo many problems with this for me to justify buying it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DesertDog

DesertDog Gone Fission’.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    My Optimus only had one bad knee so clearly half of these reports are just wrong!;) 

It’s also dark where I’m at so I’m not sure if I believe in the sun anymore either.:D 

• Like Like x 3
  4. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Oddly enough Nicee is probably the best of the whole lot, but that's honestly because those designers weren't trying to create a MP G1 Arcee and instead took the basics of the design and just did their own unique spin on the thing and made it work.

The rest of them are all fine, and I'm picking MP-51 up because I think it will be a fun figure to play around with, but in my opinion the true Masterpiece of the character does not yet exist.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

I will be happily purchasing MP Arcee despite some minor flaws (major flaws to some) because the total package ends up being better than what else is out there IMO. Car mode is fantastic, Bot mode is clean, looks stable and doesn't seem to be a floppy mess and has a good but slightly imperfect face sculpt. It's only real competitor to me was FT Rouge and that's only because of the one "anime" face for her, it's pretty much perfect as far as i'm concerned. Unfortunately it has other problems i don't see on MP Arcee such as bot mode is not as clean to me, is floppy and a bit unstable (based on reviews i've watched) and car mode isn't quite as good as MP Arcee's. And as far as MP Arcee's problems go this could be someone's opportunity to make a few bucks by making a new chest plate and alternate faces. NONE of the Arcee's out there are perfect by any means but for me it's...

MP Arcee > FT Rouge > everything else.

Hell, i may even get FT Rouge too one day.

• Like Like x 7
  6. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Agreed. Nicee is the best version of all of them. She'd be my pick for third-party transformer of the year but BFB decided to play it safe and get rid of the Arcee head. They really nailed the premium, masterpiece feel that I wish for in Takara releases.

If nothing else, MP-51 nailed the alt mode.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    I’ve obviously had my quibbles with this one, but my P.O. is still locked and loaded.

Much like what @Blingotron said, it’s the sum of her parts that makes her acceptable for inclusion in my oh-so precious collection.

• Like Like x 7
  8. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also much like how XTB Hoist is oh-so perfect for you!

Look gimme a week or so and i'll let you know how mine handles whenever he gets here :p 

HAD to shoehorn him in somehow... :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    :lol  Fingers crossed that TT do something about that gaping hole in my collection in the next two years...

• Like Like x 2
  10. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  11. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Just wanted to chime in and echo some others on here that I think she looks great, and will happily be buying this in December.
    I think the Backpack from the front even looks a bit cleaner on this pre-pro sample, the flaps that tuck in seem to line up with the top white/pink bits to form a sort of straight line down.
    Also got my Nicee for any other Arcee related needs, so this will be a good complement in the collection.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Tigatron went down to 15,000 yen in Japan. So if Arcee goes around 8 to 9000 yen, I’ll bite the bullet. I got Spinout coming, but lucky I could apply my 20% discount when I bought him at the time.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    I’m sorry but I still can’t get over that chest. It’s horrible. I can’t believe this made in into production looking like that. I understand part of the thought behind it, but it just looks so wrong.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 16
  14. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    This. Looks saggy ain't it.... :lolol 

• Like Like x 2
  15. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

Even if the QC is perfect and you love the look of this figure - there is one remaining question: Can she stand and hold a pose on those tiny feet and giant backpack? It will be really interesting to watch a video review of this figure.

16. kshaps

kshaps Busting Deceptichops

Ebay:
    Welp, not canceling my preorder but this is disappointing. Hoping my mind changes in hand. I’m so confused by TT lately, MP-44 through MP-47 all look great but all have their own QC issues. MP-51 doesn’t look great but will hopefully be solid as a rock like MP-28

17. AndyPurro

AndyPurro Cancerous Pyro Main

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Nothing new here, but there literally ain't going to be a perfect MP styled Arcee or any G1 Fembot for that matter without major functionality and Aesthetic comprimises.

FT Rouge has a good toon-accurate sculpt, but in my experiences in handling Rouge, She's hard as hell to stand doing dynamic poses due to the weight of her shoulder paldrons without cursing Primus, doesn't have much torso articulation and the transformation is just spaghetti engineering with tolerance issues in which I did have to contact Fanstoys myself to ask for some replacement pieces just in case.

Azalea is without a doubt an 3rd party engineering marvel, Cleans up perfectly, has great stability and articulation that could match a standard figma figure and is from what I heard the best option for an MP Arcee atm, however what's stopping me from buying one is that the sculpt doesn't look too accurate as I would like and dare I say it, I don't like the face sculpts on the first release which were later somewhat fixed with the Alternate and Prototype releases but not by much, also the car mode is not as toon accurate but it's understandable considering the engineering and I did hear some instances of it breaking in some areas but I might be wrong who knows?

MP-51 looks toon accurate and has alot of points of articulation that can deliver very dynamic poses, but that's usually Takara adding more and more points of articulation with every new figure and she's pretty much just a glorified thrilling 30's deluxe figure which is reassuring to me since I know that the Transformation would be at least familiar to me. But as we all know, she has a lot holding her back (no pun intended) the backpack is large af which could mean that she won't be able to stand independently on her own without toppling over and I do agree with how off the chest proportions are as well as how skinny the faces are and that is a major dealbreaker for many collectors especially since Hound we have every right to worry about the plastic quality. As for me however, I've always wished for an MP Arcee when I even heard of the concept of Masterpiece Transformers, and thats' way before I've even heard of 3rd party figures so having an official one is kind of sentimental to me, but I do know that given that how the recent MP's (excluding Beast wars) are suffering with rising prices, poor QC and questionable transformation compromises, that she won't be perfect.

There is no such thing as perfect, everything has and will have it's own respective flaws, but it all boils down to what you want for your collections. and bashing other people over it is pretty dumb.

As for my own solution for this debate?

Fuck it, I'm getting all 3 of 'em

• Like Like x 2
  18. Alex buen19

Alex buen19 Member

I have no problem with the backpack, yes is big, but hey we have worse...

• Like Like x 1
  19. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

News Credits:
    This honestly looks like she has a bloody cardboard box around her waist. Awful.
    Meanwhile, this looks like she was lying face down and a heavy object has just fallen on her back.

What an atrocious figure.

• Like Like x 6
  20. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    She looks like she's carrying an giant baby on her back... :lolol