Masterpiece Arcee MP-51

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Arrogant Arachnid

Arrogant Arachnid perma pissed off edgelord

Imagine going to something literally called a discussion thread and getting mad at people who say the figure is bad
    For some reason the people bitching about it are also always like in their 30s or 40s

• Like Like x 5
  2. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They did redesign her into ... more of the same. I mean just take a look at her design in the latest Bumblebee movie.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Georgii10235

Georgii10235 A member for fun

News Credits:
    Mistransformed, but looking even at the official photos again it has not grown on me the same way MP-44 or even MP-45 has. Her facesculpts are barely different, similar to MP-45 and the backpack situation is the worst out of any MP. Alt-mode is spot on but the bot mode isn't up to standard.

I don't mind them starying a bit from the toon model with the bot, I actually think it's fine and cool that they're applying their own style as they have with other MPs - but it doesn't mean much when the backpack gets in the way of the otherwise amazing silhouette. I pre-ordered early on but now I feel a bit jaded about it. Could be because MP Starscream looks amazing while Arcee lacks the same amount of elegance.

Hoping she's better in person as with MP Hotrod. But yeah, can't really blame them considering her design in the first place didn't really put much consideration into transformation as per every fembot from G1. Some 3Ps have balanced the compromises between the bot and alt-modes much better even if their alt-modes aren't 100% accurate.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Agreed, especially now that we can all see the end result of being a Takara ass kisser.

"MP 51 looks vaguely like the character the 86 movie [which, given the effort they put into a solid... 65% of the animation, should be a definitive representation of the Toonthusiasm I live and die by] presented to us for the first. And even though other companies have made better efforts representing an extremely challenging figure design, because this is Takara it must be the only figure I enjoy with a passion bordering on unhealthy."

• Like Like x 5
  5. DesertDog

DesertDog is a Limited Edition redeco.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Looking at the last four pics, the rifle butt only goes to her inner elbow. I don’t see any real reason why she wouldn’t be able to shoulder it. The fourth to last pic even has it up to her shoulder in a prone position.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Well-Known Member

MP-51 looks fine to me. The only thing that bothers me a little is the chest position being too low. I'm hoping that in person it doesn't look as bad. I think she otherwise look like a pretty good Arcee, even the backpack treatment looks fine to me. I'm not expecting the greatest MP figure or anything with this one, but I think it'll be good enough. Just hoping there aren't any widespread QC issues.

I'm optimistic that MP-51 will have no issues standing. I have the BFB Nicee and despite her footprint being pretty small and also having a pretty big backpack, she not only stands like a champ in a variety of poses, but she might be one of the more stable standing MP style figure I have, official or 3rd party. So hopefully Takara could at least match BFB in terms of engineering an Arcee figure that can stand without issue.

7. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

Why is it MMC got it so right and Takara and Fanstoys didn\'t? The only gripe I have with MMC is the curvature of the legs is slightly less feminine than the other two, but it has a simple transformation, very small backpack, and it just looks amazing. Skipping this. 

• Like Like x 5
  8. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Like I said earlier, I'm a completionist. So not adding an Official MP Arcee to my MP collection is frustrating.
    However, I'm not going to pay the kind of money Takara is wanting for an MP that looks like crap (imo).

• Like Like x 3
  9. realwhz

realwhz Well-Known Member

What is the best place to order it? I usually order via Amazon JP but can’t find mp-51 there.

10. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    The annoyances will pass. MP44 was the line for me. I am still alive.

• Like Like x 1
  11. PadForce

PadForce Well-Known Member

Absolutely, this is my biggest issue with her. Mine is literally propped up by Magnus' hand (on her shoulder mind!).

Edit: I should clarify mine is on a glass surface, and given the Magnus crutch I havnt taken any great amount of timing trying to get her standing alone.

• Like Like x 2
  12. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whoa, I avoid these threads after I pre-order and jump in a week or two before release date.

How come people have these already? I always thought MP were always tightly locked up till much closer to release date?

• Like Like x 3
  14. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

@griffin-of-oz was given a production sample

• Like Like x 3
  15. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

Glad she can stand okay for those who want to get her, but the aesthetic issues remaining unresolved, at least I can look instead towards Starscream ... and whoever the hell is next on the G1 MP roster after these two (who tbh, feel like they've been announced for a small eternity at this point.o_O )

16. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, no. This still doesn’t look right though, to be fair, odds of me buying it were slim to none and slim left the bar a while ago.

17. diablogunner

diablogunner Defender of the All-Spark

That rifle looks like the GI JOE rifles from the cartoon.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Simp4Arcee

Simp4Arcee Well-Known Member

Just reposting a question from earlier:

Does anyone have the Zeta Toys Arcee and what are your overall thoughts (mainly the bot mode)?
    [​IMG]

19. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

The issue is not negative opinions. Those are fine. The issue is that normally in a thread like this the people that actually preordered it and are looking forward to it are mostly the only ones posting so it's a lot more positive overall or at least a mix of opinions. But whenever a Masterpiece thread hits the front page all the people that generally don't like Takara MPs and prefer 3rd Party come flooding into the thread and say the same comments they've already said many times, and all at once. So it's a huge amount of negativity all at once and it can be overwhelming to the positive folks. It's gotten to the point where many fans of a figure will avoid the thread for a few days when it hits the front page. And no, it's not because we are snowflakes. It's just a matter of it being irritating to read so many negative comments in a row. So we would prefer to just avoid it. So it's become a bit of a running gag in these threads now. The other issue is that a lot of us do not bother to go into threads for figures we don't like just to announce to everyone that we don't like it. At least not more than once. We really don't see the point of that. I will occasionally go into a thread to have a look at new pics of a figure, hate what I see and then I just leave the thread without commenting. Takara does not read these forums or give two shits what people outside of Japan think of their figures so there's no point in trying to give constructive criticism. I'm sure the only thing they care about is sales and this figure has sold out multiple times so they aren't going to make any changes.

I suspected they were going to use diecast in the feet to fix the balance issue. I'm really happy to hear that is the case and it's a much better solution than the Earthrise Arcee with the giant heel spurs. I was wondering if maybe the feet and the shins would be diecast because her legs are so skinny. I don't typically use stands for figures so I was really hoping she could stand unassisted.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Olivus Prime

Olivus Prime Space Ranger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The whining about this being "under attack" now that it's been frontpaged really annoys me.

God forbid people come in from outside the echo chamber and provide their opinion.

• Like Like x 6