Masterpiece Arcee MP-51

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    The annoyances will pass. MP44 was the line for me. I am still alive.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PadForce

PadForce Well-Known Member

Absolutely, this is my biggest issue with her. Mine is literally propped up by Magnus' hand (on her shoulder mind!).

Edit: I should clarify mine is on a glass surface, and given the Magnus crutch I havnt taken any great amount of timing trying to get her standing alone.

• Like Like x 2
  3. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whoa, I avoid these threads after I pre-order and jump in a week or two before release date.

How come people have these already? I always thought MP were always tightly locked up till much closer to release date?

• Like Like x 3
  5. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

@griffin-of-oz was given a production sample

• Like Like x 3
  6. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

Glad she can stand okay for those who want to get her, but the aesthetic issues remaining unresolved, at least I can look instead towards Starscream ... and whoever the hell is next on the G1 MP roster after these two (who tbh, feel like they've been announced for a small eternity at this point.o_O )

7. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, no. This still doesn’t look right though, to be fair, odds of me buying it were slim to none and slim left the bar a while ago.

8. diablogunner

diablogunner Defender of the All-Spark

That rifle looks like the GI JOE rifles from the cartoon.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Simp4Arcee

Simp4Arcee Well-Known Member

Just reposting a question from earlier:

Does anyone have the Zeta Toys Arcee and what are your overall thoughts (mainly the bot mode)?
    [​IMG]

10. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

The issue is not negative opinions. Those are fine. The issue is that normally in a thread like this the people that actually preordered it and are looking forward to it are mostly the only ones posting so it's a lot more positive overall or at least a mix of opinions. But whenever a Masterpiece thread hits the front page all the people that generally don't like Takara MPs and prefer 3rd Party come flooding into the thread and say the same comments they've already said many times, and all at once. So it's a huge amount of negativity all at once and it can be overwhelming to the positive folks. It's gotten to the point where many fans of a figure will avoid the thread for a few days when it hits the front page. And no, it's not because we are snowflakes. It's just a matter of it being irritating to read so many negative comments in a row. So we would prefer to just avoid it. So it's become a bit of a running gag in these threads now. The other issue is that a lot of us do not bother to go into threads for figures we don't like just to announce to everyone that we don't like it. At least not more than once. We really don't see the point of that. I will occasionally go into a thread to have a look at new pics of a figure, hate what I see and then I just leave the thread without commenting. Takara does not read these forums or give two shits what people outside of Japan think of their figures so there's no point in trying to give constructive criticism. I'm sure the only thing they care about is sales and this figure has sold out multiple times so they aren't going to make any changes.

I suspected they were going to use diecast in the feet to fix the balance issue. I'm really happy to hear that is the case and it's a much better solution than the Earthrise Arcee with the giant heel spurs. I was wondering if maybe the feet and the shins would be diecast because her legs are so skinny. I don't typically use stands for figures so I was really hoping she could stand unassisted.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Olivus Prime

Olivus Prime Space Ranger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The whining about this being "under attack" now that it's been frontpaged really annoys me.

God forbid people come in from outside the echo chamber and provide their opinion.

• Like Like x 6
  12. dickenz

dickenz METROFLEX?!?

News Credits:
    I've had mine standing on the same surface in 3 or 4 different poses since I got her and she has never fallen over or needed assistance standing. There are other figures in my cabinet that topple over (looking at you MMC IDW Azalea - funnily enough another Arcee variant) when it is bumped hard or crashed into by a zooming pair of cats but she has not fallen to date.

Due to the design of feminine looking feet any attempt at Arcee will always be plagued by a small base to stand from. However due to reports mostly on here I expected Rogue to suck more in this department than she did in reality.

The one thing I did do was buy that small plastic piece to secure the backpack/pauldrons in place that goes in the middle to give her a nicer uniformed, tidy look and stop them flopping around. Maybe that aids in balancing her some.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  13. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Only people I ever came across who are snowflakes are the ones who call others snowflakes.
    There's nothing wrong with wanting to talk about a figure without other people bitching about it.
    But there also is nothing wrong with people critisizing a figure.
    This is why we have appreciation threads and I think those are a great forum for people who just want to have a good time talking about what they like about a figure.

It's like how you don't mind if people are discussing something in a pub you went too, but when it becomes a barfight you take your business to a place where people are able to drink without bothering others :D 

• Like Like x 2
  14. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Im sorry Takaratomy, but you loose this usually die-hard fan on your very disappointing MP Arcee release. Bye.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Paco Grande

See, just by you calling it an echo chamber you are saying that the people that like these figures are wrong. That the only reason we like them is because we are diehard Takara fanboys. And that we need to be educated.

I cannot stand MP-51s faces or chest, but I like the rest of her so I'm still buying it. The point is that it's been discussed TO DEATH in this thread since the reveal.

Again, criticism is A-OK. The issue is that when the thread hits the front page it becomes a tsunami of extreme negativity. And people will typically enter the thread that have zero interest in the figure (or MP scale in general) just to "hit and run" with unnecessary bashing. And it's really annoying. For the most part that only happens when the thread hits the front page.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Imagine being shocked that people talking about toys based on an 80s cartoon are in their 30s or 40s

:lol :lol 

Funniest shit on here I've read in a while thanks bro

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 13
  17. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think echo chamber means what you think it means...

• Like Like x 4
  18. Paco Grande

By the way nice quote in your profile......

• Like Like x 2
  19. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    5YZx8Sr.gif :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  20. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    cantwait.. and cant type because of the trillion emoticons...

• Like Like x 1