Masterpiece Arcee MP-51

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Feb 8, 2020.

1. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @griffin-of-oz was able to get his in advance thanks to Hasbro Australia, and he said he was firstly focusing on Spinout. So i'd say give him a bit more time and then we'll be seeing Arcee in-depth.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't need a voluptuous or overly sexualized Arcee. I just would prefer the chest design pretty much be more a match for or at least approximate the shape of the toon design (or even other recent deluxe toy releases). A clip-on third-party chestplate would be good enough for that, particularly one that fixes what I consider the most glaring thing - that oversized neck collar. That just makes the chest that much more noticeable. At the same time, something as simple as a few matching pink stickers or paint on the bottom half of the collar would help provide the illusion of a shorter collar and blend into the chest and make it look less like someone just stuck a shelf onto her torse. I'm not exactly an artist with MS Paint, but even this looks a lot better to me with the wrong shade of pink drawn in:

upload_2020-10-30_22-49-30.png

3. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The two things you mention here, the shape of the chest and the oversized collar, are are both the result of the same problem. That problem being that the top part of the chest is angled differently and much shorter than it should be. Were the top of the chest correct it wouldn't expose the collar. One simple add-on could fix both issues.

• Like Like x 4
  4. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    Maybe tomorrow.
    The person doing Spinout has done most of the photos he had planned, and there should just be a few group photos left, with other "Diaclone" redecos... when he gets the chance to do them.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Just a stray thought, ER Arcee/Elita-1 share the same molds. In the anime (and Botax's art book, Elita had a veeeeeeeery different alien car mode), What if Takara goes lazy and just retools the head and her chest to be the next Elita-1 MP, will you people accept it or go ballistic?

• Like Like x 1
  6. ShylockZeuss

ShylockZeuss Surprise!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I doubt that would happen, but if it does then ofcourse I'd go ballistic lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    I personally would be happy that she'd be acknowledged, but i'd look elsewhere. XTB's hopefully may come out eventually?

8. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    They once got lazy with binaltech remember this.......

Binaltech_arcee_toy.jpg

Takara called this Arcee:yuck 

But Lifeline got the good end of the stick.:( 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dont sweat it dude! While we might have enjoyed some quick and dirty scoop in-hand photos like usual - ya know, taken on a potato camera, in a car, with disgusting finger nails - sounds like you're doing it properly instead! :)  Take your time. Cant rush art.

• Like Like x 5
  10. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    This.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ponyboy Curtis

Ponyboy Curtis Malevolent Taxonomic Anodized Redeemer

News Credits:
    I'm not a fan of the character designs for the Girls, both bot and alt modes, but I wouldn't mind a retool.
    tumblr_inline_o3ou87YWQC1t0t26s_540.jpg
    From the looks of the underside photo, I'm not sure if Elita-1's boxy head would have enough space in the alt mode. Hopefully we get a better picture.

I'd like to see a side by side photo with Sideswipe. I'm not sure the critics of the figure realize how narrow her bot frame is. As others have observed with past figures, sometimes the areas of heated contention fizzle out once in hand.
    EQTNV_aUYAAlfxs.jpeg
    I think only one member commented on her chin in the shot with her visor. Something I noticed months ago that almost every photo has her head tilting downward to various degrees or the camera angle is from a higher vantage point. Even the official side profile photo seems off to me. It's a shame some of the official photos were not of a higher resolution. Excuse the cheap photo editer. I tilted her head 12 degrees and overlapped a side profile head.
    PhotoEditor_20201031_012508716.jpg
    The chin still sticks out a bit, but again, we might be surprised how miniscule it is. Couldn't sleep last night, so I played around further by adjusting the front shot to only six degrees. The eyes then are smaller and the chin not as prominent, which makes sense with the change in perspective. Just some thoughts, looking forward to new photos and the review.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Simp4Arcee

Simp4Arcee Well-Known Member

I hope you're right.
    I know there isn't much you can do with the backpack kibble and I can overlook the chest so long as the face doesn't look as long as it does in the promotional photos.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chris C137

Chris C137 Have some self respect. Take the QC sticker off.

News Credits:
    That view does show that really, even with 95% of her alt mode having to store on her back, it's not that big compared to the other figures around her.

Ultra Magnus however... His forearm alone is like the entire circumference of Arcee from the top down view :p  I'd be so on board for a v3 that isn't so ludicrously big and has better articulation.

• Like Like x 8
  14. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hold on there! Star Cream is confusing enough people! Let's get UM dealt with in advance...

Wouldn't a new Magnus be a v2? The first figure was an Armoured White Prime version, the second go was an All-in-one transformation. Whatever they did next would clearly be the third go-around but I reckon TT would still call it v2. It's either the second Armoured version or the second All-in-one version. They'd only be improving one of the previous figures. Same premise as Screamer.

But of course we'd get the same v2/v3 shenanigans as MP52 (although with more justification, I think) where a total of 17 pages are devoted to questions and answers about the correct version designation...

Anyway, Arcee, huh? Looking like a pinkish new year for us all, yeah?

• Like Like x 3
  15. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

Glad for those who like her, but I actually think this is the first MP since MP11 I actively dislike. The chest and face sculpt should've been fixed before release as the rest of her is, more or less, on point and looking pretty decent.

But it just doesn't capture her likeness well enough and that's a shame.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus

News Credits:
    I doubt they would do that based on past evidence. They could have repainted Cheetor into Tigatron, or just upsized the mold, but instead they made a 100% new figure. It may look like they share some parts, but every part is new/different. I think, at least for Masterpiece, they’d follow the same plan.

• Like Like x 3
  17. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That’s pretty much where I am on this one. I’ve wanted an official MP Arcee for a long time...bummed they didn’t handle those aspects of this figure more accurately.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly. I'm sure that there'll be some add-on to make it look better. While I understand sometimes sacrifices in design have to come about to achieve a bot or alt mode, I'd be really interested in one day hearing in an interview why they went with that torso configuration. I cant imagine the designers didn't try to make it look more accurate in the beginning stages. It's possible they found they had to compromise there for the transformation for a good reason, though I can't imagine what.

At this point, so long as she doesn't randomly crack and disintegrate like MP Hound, I'll consider it a win.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  19. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I have that figure and really like it. Beautiful white paint and very different color scheme compared to the other Binaltech.

20. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    A different headsculpt would have been a deal breaker for that mold.

I too had the same impression on GO Lifeline. Like a, O bother :rolleyes: , just got her for the Ratchet (sneaky Hb :ev: for dumping this "lazy" repaint into the combo) but once held in hand (despite all the leaked photos of her), I was like :wtf:  . Lifeline looks better than Arcee! :jawdropper: 

I have a feeling once I get her (Arcee) in hand, I might flip head over heels for her again (and maybe another Lifeline repaint would be even better (?)

• Like Like x 1