Masterpiece Arcee MP-51

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fixed That For You. It means I corrected what you said (or in this case what Digger said) but it's usually a bit tongue in cheek - like I'm offering a contrary opinion while pretending I thought it's what you meant to say.

• Like Like x 2
  2. bigcee66

bigcee66 Well-Known Member

Yeah why not just release her as a articulate figure with one of the minibots featured in the episode. She wasn’t a transformer so why even make her one?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    *cries in Halonix Maximus*
    upload_2020-5-27_13-27-3.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Oh, that's That, in my mind it's Fix It For You, not Fix That Fot You, duh, I feel stupid.:dunce 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Yup, I'm familiar with that line

[​IMG]

Wait, masked and mask-less? Does Nightbird remove her mask?

Thing is, Nightbird is supposed to be pretty big. At least Ironhide height if I'm remembering right. Would be great if a company did non-transforming designs that were in scale with the MP line, unlike the Ex Gokin series. But then, why can't that 'company' just be Takara.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    In the Legends manga, Nightbird Shadow (same gal) could remove her mouth guard which made her so kawaii)

• Like Like x 1
  7. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Nightbird is probably not likely as they tend to only do a Masterpiece character retool or redeco if it existed in the G1 line or in Diaclone or Microchange. Things like Enemy, Wingthing, Stripes, Nightstalker, Load Pedal, Spinout, Tigertrack, etc. Only exist because of this. That's why you don't have a G1 MP Barricade from the Datsuns or likely Nightbird. Arcee is someone without a G1 toy, so I would think Paradron Medic / Lifeline or some Arcee variant are the only options.

8. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A Nightbird remold dilutes the line. At that point they may as well do a yellow Tracks and a Slicer too. Masterpiece needs to be held to the highest standard, it can't become the "repaints for repaints' sake" show.

9. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know if I'd go that far. If they want to release them, let them. Don't have to buy the ones you don't want and you can just pretend that the MP line has kept its blood pure.

10. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    No.

None of that, thanks.

I agree with them, really. Nightbird from Arcee opens the whole can of worms of retools on tbe basis of slightly similar alt modes/body types. It'd basically turn the line into "Generations but expensive".

11. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    don’t forget to include the Encore line, too. That’s where Stripes is from.

so I guess even though we won’t get a yellow Tracks we could potentially get a green Ratchet, if they wanted

• Like Like x 1
  12. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    Um... the diaclones are just as "repeat for repaint' sake" as a Nightbird would be. However, I don't see Nightbird being an optional reuse of MP51, since she has nothing in common with Arcee. She'd require heavy remolding. Proportions are totally different from Arcee as well.

13. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man you're wrong there. I'm not saying they wont do NB. And I would be ecstatic if they did. But to say Diaclone is the same 'repainty-ness' as Nightbird???? lol no way man. Diaclone is literally it's own line. And it's selling like fucking hotcakes. It's just not as topical in English speaking forums and message boards.

• Like Like x 2
  14. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    I meant it as being repaints purely to make $$$ off the molds. I know Diaclone was it's own thing back in the day, but in the TRANSFORMERS line, it's just repaints being shoehorned into the line.

If Takara did the diaclone repaints with diaclone packaging, pilots, etc, I'd give it more credit. It's popularity is besides the point.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Woof. People are complaining about how off-model MP-51 is. That thing didn't even need to transform, and misses the mark in so many ways.

• Like Like x 4
  16. bigcee66

She was eye level with Mirage, when he should’ve “protect his neck”. Yeah she kicked his ass lol.

• Like Like x 1
  17. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry man. I just simply disagree with you. Cordon is every bit as imp as sunstreaker. Not to everyone of course :) 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    It's not at all the same thing. The Diaclone repaints are based on actual toys that didn't appear in the show, giving them leniancy in their interpretations. They're also used as an outlet for things like toy-accurate headsculpts and weapons after the MP line's heavy dedication to cartoon-accuracy.

A Nightbird retool would be the first case of them using another character's body to make a toy of a character that did appear in the show, regardless of accuracy. Unlike the Diaclone repaints there is an actual, on-screen appearance that the MP is choosing not to adhere to. The only similar instance is that the Diaclone Ultra Magnus was made into the IDW character Delta Magnus... although Delta Magnus had technically never appeared in the Sunbow continuity so there was no character model to adhere to.

It's what the Generations line does often... and it's fine when it's done there... but it's not something that the MP line has ever done and I kind of hope they stick with that. There are other options for Arcee, like original prototype colours, if they really need to do a retool, which the lack of T-Wrecks and Grimlock show is not something that they always do anyway.

Also, it would be nice if the MP line could go without falling into the trappings that the Generations line has fallen into wherein a single female mold is used for every female character.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I guess her size changed a little then!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  20. bigcee66

Sunbow...gotta love em.

• Like Like x 1