Masterpiece Arcee MP-51

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Arcee is indeed a testament to the fact that she is an American creation from the 1986 American Movie ( sure it was animated by Toei Doga). And it is takara who does their JP wizardry on this great American Pop Culture product.

2. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Agree. If you are a Burton Batman (or Nolan, for that matter) fan, you have no option but to buy Asian products, as American made (well, designed) ones are either non existent, or garbage. And that's just one example.

I sure wish it was different.

3. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    It's all good. I go with the best looking figure I can. On my Marvel display I have Mezco Blade, Daredevil, and Punisher with Figuarts Ironman, Captain America, Thor, etc facing off against a Figuarts Thanos and Hasbro Dr. Doom. My DC display has Mezco WW, Batman, and Aquaman with Figuarts Superman and MAFEX Flash. My Venom display is MAFEX, Hasbro, Diamond Select, and Bullethead. I'm totally not brand loyal! LOL All companies have had hits and misses. I've had numerous official Figuarts fall apart on me, same with NECA. While the Japanese figures often have better sculpts, they also typically are double the price or more. I break a $20 Neca while posing, I'm upset. I break a $90 Storm Collectible, I'm livid.

I had a book when I was a kid that had the "stats" on the TMNT. April was only 5'2 or so in the cartoon. She was barely taller than the 4'10 tmnt. Casey is to scale around 5'11 or 6ft tall. That's why Bebop and Rocksteady are taller than TMNT or Shredder. Baxter, who shrinks when he merges with the fly, is much smaller.

Anyway, back to Arcee as well... Really looking forward to her, but a part of me can't help but be frustrated that it's making it longer til all the season 1 group gets the MP treatment. Really want a Hasbro/Takara Windcharger or Cliffjumper.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. wrx20l

wrx20l Well-Known Member

$120 USD + shipping with AJ's discount is enough to make me tap out. After nearly 50 TT masterpiece figures, I can stop with MP-50. How strange that the last official MP I'll receive will be a Beast Wars figure. Would have never in a million years thought that would be possible when I picked up my first MP years ago! Given what's coming for us all economically, I envy those who can afford to pay TT prices and live with the QC issues. Good luck intrepid collectors!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

She was conceived by American writers (either Friedman or Dille), designed by Filipino artist Floro Dery, and animated by the Japanese Studio Toei.

Can’t wait to add her to my post s1&2 shelf!

• Like Like x 15
  6. Thunderthruster

Thunderthruster Autobot Supersoldier

News Credits:
    You're painting with some broad brush strokes there. Just because I have only bought a handful of MP figures, doesn't mean I'm not supporting the franchise. And I own exactly 10 Mp figures, not counting the MP-14 cassette pack (Buzzsaw is so much better than Laserbeak).

7. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    And inspired by a nude Leia Organa (All American Friedman and Dille (Was Dery naturalized?)) and Toei Doga. What I said.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    Dean! You're back!

YES! First Sam, now you! We got the band back together!

:rock :buttrock :rock :buttrock 

• Like Like x 10
  9. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    Man oh man.

The last few years MP collectors have gotten downright HOSTILE with each other. I'd see daily bitter arguments over Prime v3 and Bee v2 and then I just pretty much dropped out.

But am I nuts or is this a whole new level of divisiveness? Is this the most controversial MP release yet? Or did we argue more when BW started encroaching on our beloved G1?

I'd say the "Hasui style" vs slavish toon accuracy fights got heated, but those ended years ago, since clearly toon is the way it's been for some time now.

But I can't remember seeing a thread that has to be scrubbed daily. All cause of a "sexy pink robot."

What a bizarre fandom we have, huh?

• Like Like x 8
  10. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol 

• Like Like x 7
  11. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

If you are happy with what Takara made and is offering, and like the character, then enjoy. Personally, was never an Arce fan, I would probably buy if it was under $100, but I am going to pass. I will be reading the reviews when it is released. To those who buy it, enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  12. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    It's not even just in forums. I've seen middle-aged morons arguing IN STORES over Transformer toys. Some guy minding his own business looking at Studio Series toys at Target was verbally assaulted by a paste-eating moron who was trying to tell the guy to get Earthrise and not waste money on Studio Series. When the guy said he LIKED the Bayverse, the G1nner went apesh*t about all the "wrong things" about it. Studio series guy looked at me and we both rolled our eyes and tried to get away. Apologies to the paste-eating moron if you are a member and reading this. After you left, we chatted about you for quite a while... nothing nice, I assure you.

It's getting as bad as the Xbox vs PlayStation gamers. This tribalism proves mankind's inability to evolve past it's ancestral instincts.

• Like Like x 12
  13. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Well, you said she was an American creation, but that diminishes Dery and Toei's involvement.

@Optimus Prime23 , hope you're well, buddy! I'll try to pop in when I can!

• Like Like x 5
  15. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    The correct response is Ok Boomer.

16. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Only works if the other person understands what that phrase means. Especially doesn't work if the person's name is Boomer.

• Like Like x 1
  17. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dang ol tell me about it man. Dang ol kettle calling the pot injustice!
    puhb6dw6nc0s.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  18. stevenkliq

stevenkliq Swontonimus Prime

Have you seen the Star Wars fandom in the last 20 years? Talk about fan entitlement and toxic fandom; they are a bunch of them there. I love Star Wars, but good lord, some of them really need to chill. But I always tell them that their behavior is not so uncommon as I've seen it time and time again from Transformers fans bitching and moaning about Beast Wars, then Bayverse, then MPs evolution and so on and on. Makes me wonder what their definition of being a fan is, when you behave like that to other fans. I mean hate Thundercats ROAR, but I love Thundercats, but I don't go to their threads and start yelling and screaming about how they have to hate that garbage because I don't agree with their creative use of the license and try to belittle the people who do like it. I can only wonder what Marvel and DC fans do among their fandom. SMH

• Like Like x 4
  19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    None of you actually see what staff does behind the scenes, just a glimpse if you get a notification. This thread hasn't required too much modification and we are looking into ways to further curb hostilities.

With that said, it is a design shift from going full on cartoon homage to idealization when it comes to MP-51. I've warmed up to the design but prefer the cartoon look and think it would've been easier to go that route. For the past 5 years or so, full on cartoon homages are what we've come to expect, so I understand why the changes to Arcee aren't warmly received by all.

I think we should've gotten a full on cartoon homage MP Arcee while this MP-51 should've been released as part of a subline of idealized MP's.

• Like Like x 9
  20. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

That's Boomhower...