Masterpiece Arcee MP-51

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Feb 8, 2020.

1. PadForce

PadForce Well-Known Member

Ft 44 Thomas (not astrotrain)
    Studio S01 Cell (DEFINITELY not unicron )

2. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Just so you know, I've just seen pre-orders are up at AE and TFS-Express. Fill your boots UK buyers.

• Like Like x 2
  3. guarayakha

guarayakha Guara-guara-booyakha~!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Looking at those comparisons, I realize that an overly large neck collar is perhaps contributing just as much to the problem of a bad-looking toy as the low chest. It's all very disappointing.

That just makes me dislike it more.

• Like Like x 6
  5. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

I think that if you need to think so much about something to convince yourself that you do like this "something" there is something wrong.
    Simply put: maybe Arcee respects human proportions but it still looks bad. And if the majority of people thinks that the chest is bad looking it is of no importance that it is somewhat accurate to a real human chest, it looks bad on the figure itself. Rationalizing something to force you or others to like something that they don't instinctively like it is a laughable habit to me.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

It’s not about human proportions ... maybe it is to a degree ... but it should rather be about being true to the animation model created for the 1986 movie. I would say in the movie she doesn’t have as wide of hips like on the MP, but I don’t really mind.

I don’t think she looks terrible. The chest looks like it has the wrong angles, but I think they made a concession for a butterfly hinge on the shoulders. To get that hinge they needed to stop the chest short so there was room for articulation.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Yup. Daym Takara. No need to buy her now as this IS the final form of the product.

It's called.........personal preference. Nothing laughable at it as, well, it is his personal preference. He can justify as much as he wants as you can justify as much as you want that Arcee is an imperfect product.

That art is so easy to the eyes! Perish the thought of portraying them that way.:lol 

Btw gurayakha try using MP Grimlock's waiter apron on her once she arrives, I'll be doing it!;) 

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. guarayakha

guarayakha Guara-guara-booyakha~!

I'll have to try and dig it up from my TF junkyard :lol . But I have a feeling that it'll be significantly larger.

9. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could only imagine if she came with that apron.....maybe the repaint:D 

It's kind of cool expression on her face is dictated by her eyes and not the shape of her mouth. It's crazy how they keep pushing the envelope, from faces like Dinobot whose expression is determined with opening and closing his mouth, to MP-51 using her eyes. Which probably explains why they are a little bigger than they need to be since they need to help convey emotion.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    It's also kind of crazy that an actual marvel like MP Dinobot is in the same line as... this. The difference in quality between MPs can be astounding.

• Like Like x 2
  11. JD

JD Well-Known Member

This isn't directed just at you, but can we all just let others have their opinion on the figure without the need to criticize them for not reading through over 160 pages of a discussion thread?

Time is a precious commodity, and it shouldn't be wasted just because of some unspoken prerequisite to read of entire thread of comments.

It's fine for people to have opinions on the topic at hand. They see news posts on the front page and post their opinion here.

Moving on, the new photos help it look letter than the initial convention shots, but I'm personally still not fond of the design enough to buy it, let alone for the asking price.

It will be interesting to see how a 3rd party attempts to improve the design once it's released.

The chest obviously is part of the car, but how the collar integrates into car mode may be why the top of the chest was designed the way it is. Maybe the chest is not intentionally a breast-like shape, but instead a cost cutting technique to cram more components in car mode. Because it would be odd for them to make the collar so long for no reason.

• Like Like x 2
  12. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean I guess, who am I to doubt someone with obviously predictive powers of something that hasn't came out yet. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  13. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    Who is predicting anything? Half of the appeal of the MP line is the aesthetic, which can be judged by the copious photos that have been released.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Simp4Arcee

Simp4Arcee Well-Known Member

Do you think there's a possibility of 3P faceplates with a less pronounced jaw and chin?
    I don't really have a problem with the chest, backpack or belly as much as the face.

15. rram73

rram73 RRam73

16. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Can't wait to put in my PO with AJ! Like Hound, she's going to make a helluva Christmas gift for moi! I just hope we don't have to wait another 5 years for the next Movie/s3 character!

• Like Like x 12
  17. Robotmonkeys

Robotmonkeys Sons of Cybertron

Ebay:
    Totes dude!
    I don’t know why, but I’m itching for more Movie toys. glad to see your presence my friend.

• Like Like x 4
  18. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Would seriously not mind a newly announced Roddy alongside a Magnus V2 (as amazing as V1 is, kinda looks on the bloated side).

Imagine that..

But yeah, AJP seems to be taking longer than usual to put Arcee up, no?

• Like Like x 4
  19. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    No one has made one for Sunstreaker yet, so doubtful.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DirkManus

DirkManus Well-Known Member

I would strongly recommend using TFS express. I still haven't received a refund or any form of response from AE since sending back my broken hound. So that's a loss of over £100 including the £16 I spent on posting it back to Japan. They were very good at responding until they asked for my PayPal transaction number and since then radio silence. Not worth the risk on what will be a maxim saving of £20.

• Like Like x 1