Masterpiece Arcee MP-51

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    She looks pretty neat. I wish we got more legends scale Arcee’s though.

2. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    That second pic...:eek: 

3RD PARTIES, TAKE NOTE!!!

See? Now it looks perfect! I can now forgive the other, now minor nitpicks, about the figure.:cool: 

• Like Like x 7
  3. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That does look a lot better but I'd also like the underside to "tuck in" a little better rather than pretty much hanging straight down. So basically angle the whole chest piece down and extend the top rather than just angling and extending the top.

4. bigcee66

bigcee66 Well-Known Member

Makes no sense how a small change could have such a big positive impact!

• Like Like x 3
  5. bigcee66

bigcee66 Well-Known Member

I remember EBGames having the RID line in stores weeks before anyone else 20 yrs ago. And first to have the Star Wars Episode I first wave also in 1999. Store is like night and day now smh.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    sure it does. All the best digibashes so far in this thread have made a tiny little change, so small that every time I thought “well yeah but that’s basically what we’re getting”

analysing pics blown up on a computer screen is never a real measure of how a figure will look in-hand. A lot of people will come around when we get in-hand pics from people who know how to pose

It is the way

• Like Like x 5
  7. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Why do I have a sinking suspicion that no 3rd party add-on will actually materialize?

I just hope Takara gets their act together on materials and QC before this goes into production. I don't want to see another Hound incident, especially since they haven't had the courage to own up to that disaster yet.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  8. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Updated and got the alt mode done.
    MP-51P Both.png

• Like Like x 4
  9. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Still more positive about the sculpt itself with the re-colour. Even if I actually dislike the colour scheme!

Now, where's that Medic re-colour? :p 

• Like Like x 1
  10. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Here's a quick one.
    MP-51M.png
    MP-51M Alt.png

Not sure what the differences are for an AKOM version, but I'd probably want to get one since I think MP-40 looks really nice.

Edit:
    @Psychoshi did a great digibash of the copy from the reveal too.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 13
  11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This color scheme does look better on the mold, that's messing with my mind. The chest and neck line being the same color gives the allusion the chest is not as far down as some opinions would suggest.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shit. It's happened again... fuck, am I going to end up getting this bloody thing? I see 51 and have so many gripes. I see it re-coloured and am completely relaxed about them.
    :crazy: 

Edit: typo only

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    I think seeing her alongside her S3 companions will help some people get past their hesitations as well (I also spend most of my time here on my phone, so the pics aren’t quite as blown-up ;) )

Irrespective of poses, in-hand experiences, and the written praise that accompanies this, I’m never going to be able to say that this is my “quintessential” Arcee, as I’ve come to expect that TT can do, and has done, better at capturing the best of a character’s cartoon appearances.

In the absence of a designer interview to reflect otherwise, that seems to have given way to some kind of personal interpretation (hey, that’s an artist’s prerogative I guess), but that’s just how I feel.

I don’t care about backpacks or any of the other understandable limitations that come from the physical realities of these things, because I don’t display my characters facing the wall, but they do stand in the opposite direction, and that’s what catches my eye.

I’ll undoubtedly accept how she looks once she’s in hand, but as I’ve mentioned before that’s different to appreciating something.

With all of that said, I have to admit that recent world events have probably played a big part in reducing my ability to “see the best sides” of things in the hobby, and although my job and income are currently unaffected by the economic downturn, I (like many others) now have to think a little (or a lot) more about non-essential purchases.

Perhaps in contradiction to what and how much I am saying here, she’s not one of my most wanted characters, but I’m a sucker for MPs and having my collection as up-to-date/complete as possible based on what’s on offer is always a factor.

On that note, Arcee most certainly won’t come as cheaply for me as she will for others - the earlier post about a price tag of $300AUD is probably in the same ballpark as (possibly less than) what I’ll have to look at paying to get her in my collection here in NZ, and that only adds to my reluctance to jump on board with gusto.

This all means I now, and probably will for some time, look at MPs with a different lens to that of the pre-pandemic Shockwave81. It’s no longer an automatic case of “preordered on sight” or “it’ll look good in hand” for me with all MPs.

May Hoist fulfil all of my exacting standards. ;) 

I know I’ve had a lot to say about a figure/character that isn’t in my personal top tier, but it’s nice to shoot the breeze about something like this all the same.

• Like Like x 12
  14. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    Compared the new pics with pics of the upcoming earthrise Arcee. They look very similar. The Earthrise Arcee also has a similar silhouette. The more I look at comparing Arcee in the G1 cartoon and all the recent toys, the more I'm thinking that Arcee's "flat chest" is more akin to the dumbing down of the designs of the dinobots when we know they would technically more detailed than how they were drawn. It's just simplified animation. Looking at Carly, a human female, has the same flat-angled figure as Arcee, which is different than the fembots of season 2 (who are very similar to male Transformers other than voice and face). So taking that figure and adding the same detailing they've done with all the MP transformers, MP51 really didn't change anything.

All that being said, it really boils down to what people feel comfortable buying. I'm interested in seeing how fast the toy sells out. Will it sell out in days like Sunstreaker or languish on shelves like Roadrage?

I remember the internets were up in arms about MP10 and his long arms, weird proportions, small gun, and other "issues." So many people were adamant they weren't going to buy "monkey arms" Prime. Then he became the standard to which all MP's were compared and some of the very anti-mp10 camp were against mp44! In a year or two, who knows? Maybe some of the "Grannybot" haters will be defending MP51 from others and listing her as one of their top MP releases? It'll be interesting to watch!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Well hopefully that blurry shot of her with Magnus and Hot Rod will be released in high quality soon then!

I don't see the differences in her face sculpt from the toon as being anything more pronounced than Sunstreaker's chin or Hound's dopey eyes. None of these MPs have perfect face sculpts, there's definitely some liberties taken. Not sure if it's the faces in particular that you're not keen on.

Been in the same boat for a while, of thinking will I really get my money's worth from these figures? It's why I sold so many of them, they just weren't up to the standards I want. If I'm gonna be paying this much, they'd sure as hell better be articulated as-all-hell. I don't have shelves at the moment, just rotating deskbots, so if they're limited in articulation they just aren't as fun.

Sad to say even my favourite Bluestreak didn't make the cut. Not toon accurate enough, not articulated enough.

At the moment my collection of 'essentials' is MP-44, MP-36, MP-29, MP-45 and that's it. Hope to add Spinout as a fun articulated repaint, and Arcee will be bought too. I'd get Hound if he wasn't a QC mess, and I'll get Sunstreaker when they make a Sideswipe v2, but no one else matches the high standards I've not set for what I want from my collection. Sure makes it cheaper this way!

• Like Like x 4
  16. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    Agreed.

I must say that Sunstreaker’s face was certainly an issue for me (not enough to write page-long grizzles, but still :lol ).

I look at the likes of Smokescreen+, Megatron, OP V3 S2 (even though his face isn’t much of a face heheh), Inferno, Grapple, Hot Rod - even Hound, and I’m satisfied - or as near to it as I can be anyway hahah. I’d definitely stop short of calling any G1 face sculpts 100% accurate, but there was enough in each of those mentioned to hit my sweet spots.

I fully believe that my views are heavily coloured by what’s going on at the moment, and maybe when I’m feeling a little lighter in the head I won’t be anywhere near as picky as I’m being now.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I'm definitely feeling even more sweet spots from that 'sad' Arcee expression though, seems right on the money. Really look forward to seeing the better quality photos.

Yeah, it's not easy times for anyone I think. Generally I prefer to come on these boards when things in life are ok, as my attitude is more 'have fun' (remember @AutobotDave? I miss that guy!) and I don't think this place needs another person bringing negativity!

Anyway, there's always a place for you when you come round ;) 

MP-51 Arcee Appreciation Thread

• Like Like x 6
  18. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

The more this figure is revealed and discused, the more I think we don\'t deserve anything, as a fandom and as Humanity as a whole, and if HasTak stopped doing anything for us and C&D\'d all Unofficial figures, I wouldn\'t feel anything for anyone and would be happy as less of this would be the result

19. mrmcscuffles

mrmcscuffles Active Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    What is the hold up Amazon.jp!? I needs to spend this cash!

20. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    The only thing I hate about modern MP is the price. I wish I could afford these new figures.

• Like Like x 1