MasterPiece 12 is Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by sG_KYo, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

Oh those are all great ideas. Except for the sword (IMO). The jet pack really would need to fit on the MP10 mold some how. And, the parachute would also be a great accessory for possible Sunstreaker and Mirage figures. :D 

Great now I want a MP Windcharger with Lab Coat.

OH OH OH.... Wheeljack, he'd be a treasure trove of accessories.... just think of all his little inventions.

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the immobilizer!!

3. Cecilia

Cecilia Mechanical Princess

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well about the character not being this and that - I don´t care so much, not when it comes to toys.

I never been a fan of sideswipe or sunstreaker as characters, just happens that sideswipe (and not sunstreaker) LOOKS awesome in both modes, nice robot and awesome countach alt mode, that makes me like to look at him and that is the primary factor when I chose toys, things I will like to look at and transform/pose.

So quite happy with sides :) 

Not caring for sunstreaker however, never a big fan of his legs and I think the butched back to sport the engine booster in alt mode doesn´t look good.

4. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    What an odd character to get a masterpiece.

I guess the "leader or repaint of leader" rule is out the window.

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you're looking at that "split" in the hood of his card mode, that's just a reference line for sketch purposes. It's not present in the robot mode drawing, and there's absolutely no reason for the roof and windshield to split in two.

6. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

Real lambo doors or GTFO

7. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was that yellow Sideswipe in the Diaclone line. Obviously Red Alert.

As for Sunstreaker, Diaclone had the red version and the police car version. Those could be the repaints if they did that mold.

Also Sunstreaker was a Lamborghini so it would still fall under the Lamborghini license.

8. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh man, I want a MP G2 Sideswipe.

Yes, I am definately down with this, I have always always loved the Countach.

So yes, this is bought, and where the hell is my Thundercracker?

9. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Sideswipe was an Autobot hipster: he was a cavalier before Rodimus made it cool.

10. sh002

sh002 Banned

if they do red alert and other repaints i don't want a sunstreaker from this mold but a completely different mold for sunstreaker

11. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

this will be the first MP I buy...and I would love to eventually see Sunstreaker (and I would want a new mold)

i love those crazy bastards.

12. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you mean tigertracks right? lol. sunstreaker and sideswipe won't work with a single transformation mold especially not for masterpiece, which is supposed to be accurate

13. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Whoa G2 was boss and my 1st version of him, I would probably buy a G2 repaint!

14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you quote the right guy?

15. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, they could always do slight modifications to make Sunstreaker possible, but even if they don't. Sideswipe was often the main one anyway.

Me too :) 

16. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Considering that Takara has only created 6 masterpiece molds to date in the last 9 years (i.e. large truck, jet, gun, dinosaur, winnebago, smaller truck), not incl. the countach mold, you folks seriously think that Takara will spend time making 2 entirely separate molds out of the lambourghini? Based on what has been done to date, we will be lucky if the inevitable yellow re-paint of Sideswipe actually comes with a re-tooled head to represent Sunstreaker.

Be happy with what has been shown so far; I'd rather get another sports car mold like the Datsun or Porsche than another Lambourghini mold based on Sunstreaker. Realistically, this will be a one-shot deal IMO; Lambourghini most likely finally agreed to a license deal and Takara will milk the mold for what it's worth (refer to the seeker mold if you do not agree). If this MP mold acheives a duo transformation-scheme similar to what the Universe 2.0 version of the Lambo twins did, so much the better as far as I'm concerned but I still think that's overly optimistic...

And for those knocking the importance of Sideswipe in the cartoon and the comics, who cares... don't forget he was a very popular toy in the early eighties. The toys always mattered more than the cartoon and the comics anyways. BTW - I don't recall Skywarp or Thundercracker being any more important than Sideswipe in both mediums (and yet they received the MP treatment). However, I can recall that most kids had a G1 Sideswipe in their collection since he was a lambourghini and he was bright red, simple enough. Most non-tf collectors who see my collection for the first time always remember my G1 Prime, Bumblebee, Jazz, and... Sideswipe (e.g. "I remember having him as a kid...").

EDIT... Just remembered that the new seeker mold counts for a seventh MP mold.

17. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^hah! so true..

18. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    I'm just glad we are getting a new mold, period! And I don't even mind if his brother Substreaker uses the same mold as long as its done brilliantly like the classics. That's a potential of PCP and a lot more that has already been mention.

But doing Breakdown is a no no!! Why bother when it would defeat the purpose of combiner anyways.

19. mizuki088

mizuki088 Well-Known Member

We know Sunstreaker and Punch/Counter Punch will be next.

20. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yeah... and all it would take is some complete remolding to the arms... and legs... and chest... and waist... and feet... and back... and head... and windshield. But beyond those little adjustments, totally, it should be a no-brainer to squeeze Sunstreaker & Punch/Counterpunch out of this mold design. :rolleyes2 

Seriously, does anyone even remember what Sunstreaker or Punch/Counterpunch actually looked like? Or better yet, actually looked at this Sideswipe design? It is a dead bang G1 design - not a modernized Classics design that can be flipped around & repainted into a new character, especially not Sunstreaker or P/CP. Sunstreaker in particular has a 100% completely different transform & design, and clearly nothing about this Sideswipe design would lend itself to also magically accommodate a Sunstreaker repaint. It may have cleverly worked for the re-imagined Classics figures, but in terms of maintaining G1 accuracy, Sideswipe & Sunstreaker are as different from one another as Trailbreaker & Wheeljack.

* Not ranting... just legitimately cannot believe how many people keep saying this over & over again *just* because it happened with Classics... even though the model sketch that we're all looking at and talking about could not possibly be any more dead on to the original G1 design.