MasterPiece 12 is Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by sG_KYo, Mar 12, 2012.

1. leadsled

leadsled the word is "Mortifying"

SOLD ! ..... mind you .... I may wait for breakdown , " this is mortifrying!" " the word is morti-fying , my sentiments exactally "

2. Prime Aspect

Prime Aspect Visual Synthesis Engineer

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Because MP-01 and Alternators/BInaltech are just about the closest we've ever seen to a group of autobots being in proper scale to each other...

And by "scale" I don't mean the pointless "not really in scale" G1 animation height chart. I mean _REAL_ scale, as in "scale model" "everyone is about 1:24" scale.

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this

4. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    haha, well.. i certainly hope not! that would cause the universe to implode... :lol 

5. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You lot need moaning about size to take eat up a big plate of SHHHHHHH!
    Personally, I want bot modes around MP09 or MP08 at least, anything smaller would make no sense whatsoever?!?
    Car mode however, I want 1:24, you hear me Takara 1:24!

6. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Has it? Awesome news if true.

No he's been hinted as MP Rodimus size by insiders....so a good few inches bigger than Binaltech.

7. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

Fuuuuuuck.
    Wow. If it's near 1/32 scale, I have 3-6 Classics Sideswipe/Red Alerts to sell.
    Awesome. If they do it IN CAR SCALE, I am totally on board.

Does these mean they had to get licensing approval?

"Please let us pay you money for FREE ADVERTISING for a car you don't make anymore! Nerds and kids the world over will drool over its image, but how much do you want?"

If they can just tweek a few things to make it legal without paying Lambo, could we get a MP Cliffjumper? Z-Brothers?!

8. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Or... Grimlock.

But yeah, I always liked to assume that BT was more a support line to MP Prime. And honestly, who cares what people put together in their collections?

Sadly, this may be true.

9. len_d69

len_d69 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was thinking of that as well.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a MP Prime compatible jet pack. That would be sweet :) 

10. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Am not getting rid of my Henkei Sideswipe because can display side by side with MP Sideswipe

11. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, 1/24 and he'll fit with MP-01 and BT cars.

1/32 and he'll fit with Alternity/Classics/MP-08 to 10. Given the improvements that were made for MP-10 it'd be a shame to go back to the larger size point. Especially when MP-10 needs his troops:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Any other size, especially a larger than 1/24 size, and the line has jumped the shark as far as I'm concerned. Time to start collecting Star Wars toys or something where they don't have to deal with this shit. I mean, I've never seen a Star Wars line where an Ewok is the same height as Boba Fett! Star Wars fans got standards.

12. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Let's see how many TFs were Lamborginis(spelling)

G2 Sideswipe
    G2 Breakdown
    G1 Breakdown
    G1 Sideswipe
    G1 Sunstreaker
    G1 Red Alert

...and if we go the classics route *shivers* Punch/Counterpunch

Yup this mold will get beat to death just like prime and starscream did lol

cool, I guess.

13. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    MP-10 has huge hands on a figure that big, imagine how they'd look on a toy that should be smaller.

They may look similar but there is no way they'll be the same.

Randy

14. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, this is pretty much the Autobot seeker mould haahah.

15. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Much as I'd like some scale and sense in the MP line, the line is so random that I'm not surprised to hear Sideswipe may be MP Hot Rod size.

To be honest, I've never got why people think MP Hot Rod and MP10 Convoy are in scale, when they look entirely at odds with each other visually - MP Hot Rod actually looks better next to MP-1 Convoy, IMO. And poor MP Grimlock is still in a strange munchkinland of his own. The MP seekers sort of work with Grimlock in terms of aesthetics but not size, and that's it; MP Megatron also inhabits his own world where the goal seemed to be making him as close to the original toy as possible...

It's always been an odd line, and seems to have got odder recently. I guess there's multiple pressures of costs, profit, third parties creeping into the space, and it appears as if the MP line is purely becoming a reaction to these things, rather than having a clear strategy developed for it.

They could have rebooted the line with MP-10 Convoy, and proceeded with reworks (even if only minor) of all previous MPs amongst new "commander" characters - you'll never avoid nerdrage in this fandom, but a clear release schedule of new and renewed would help. Co-opt the Alternity concept - or at least the engineering idea - into the MP "brand", and use that for the slightly less expensive key supporting cast (Autobot & Decepticon, and the line doesn't have to remain car-based). A rough scale would become established, the difference in size and pricepoint allows for some different levels of character, and some sort of schedule and theme might actually work itself out!

Oh sorry, I just woke up. What on earth did I type? :D 

16. Stepper

News Credits:
    There might be Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen,is just a matter of time but sure am excited of this new mold of Sideswipe

17. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP-09 is a strange one. As Rodimus Prime he scales well with MP-10 and Alternity... As Hot Rod he scales well with MP-01 and Binal-tech. What can you do (buy 2?)

18. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Yes - in fairness, I should have made it clear I distinctly think of MP-9 as Hot Rod rather than Rodimus Prime (I sort of ignore the trailer). Clearly not the case for everyone.

I'll stand by my general comments that the MP line is a bit mad when it comes to any kind of consistency, tho. It's finger in the air stuff for what sort of size MP Lambor will be - and what happens after :) 

19. Stepper

News Credits:
    Just buy TakaraTomy MP09 will do if this is the case

20. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Yeah true. I don't have MP-10, so for me he's Hot Rod (next to MP-01). But even though his car mode fits in perfectly with BT/Alt cars, as a bot he towers over the Alt bots. I would absolutely love MP Sideswipe to be 1/24 car scale, to complement the BT/Alts, and if he was that size he would stand a couple of heads shorter than MP Roddy/MP-10 and scale great with them too.

On the other hand, if "MP Hot Rod size" doesn't mean the car scale, but refers to the bot height... I think I'd be even happier TBH for the sheer size of the thing - He'd be MP-01 compatible for a start. Car mode would not match anything else except possible future Autobot car MPs, but I wouldn't even care. I had a diecast 1/18 scale Lamborghini Countach back in the 80s and I used to dream about how awesome and detailed a robot it would be, if it could turn into Sideswipe.

Man that would truly be a Masterpiece Transformer :drool: