MasterPiece 12 is Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by sG_KYo, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    At most they'll make a dark version that vaguely resembles G2. Seeing as how we're only now getting Sunstorm - the prospects for Deep Cover, Clamp Down, and Tiger Track don't look good(despite the logic of milking the thing). I hope I'm wrong, but I'm guessing only Red Alert and some black exclusive is all we'll really get.

2. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

I did not see this coming... but i'm still gonna get em :) 

3. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Nope, just a hunch.

Randy

4. GinoPuppy

GinoPuppy Star Seeker

This looks promising! It looks like they have their hand on the ball they dropped, will the pick it up?
    They need two repaint/remolds. Red Alert, and SunStreaker. this is what i've wanted, so i'll happily pick this up. But they need to start putting the others out, and at a quicker pace.
    Also to those talking about the Masterpieces and Alternators/binal tech going together: I don't know how you can't see them going together. I think it was part of the point. MP-01 prime came out around the same time, and they look perfect together. I understand though, that the transformations are not the quality standard that should go with masterpieces. But They were all we had that fit with the MP-01 scale. look how nice they look together.
    Stan Bush: Your Time (from "Dream The Dream") - YouTube

5. Cecilia

Cecilia Mechanical Princess

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Just to note, specially sideswipe and sunstreaker in the video are classics...

Anyway, I donĀ“t think (or like) most of the Alternators besides masterpieces, and specially, sideswipe alt mode was too round for my tastes (I like blocky cars like the countach).

Also most robot modes in alternators showed more mechanical details than average MPs.

6. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    So... Let's play "how does this transform?"

If the lines are to be believed, that is a fake chest in 'bot mode. Not only does the alt mode have a panel line down the middle, but the shape of the two hoods does not match.

Any guesses?

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ We sure that's not just a drafting line? And the shape looks awfully close to me.

8. Cecilia

Cecilia Mechanical Princess

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I believe the line across the car is just for measures (or to better term, base or construction line). And it almost fades at the hood.

A fate chest hood would be very unlikely, as it goes the robot itself is already a lot of material to hide on the small and flat car, so adding extra fake kibble would be very counter productive and very "anti G1'.

My bet is that side from basic G1 transformation concepts, we have a lot of folding pannels to compress the legs and arms inside the car bits.

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    MP as in smaller Binaltech-ish MP? Weird.

10. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:
    I hope the car mode ends up being 1/24 to match up with Alternators. If so, this will be the best addition to my collection in years. Of course, then what do I do with my Alt Sideswipe?

Hopefully they either have a trick in the design so it can be remolded to be Sunstreaker, or they have plans to do him as a separate mold. If this is just the start of a new set of smaller MP versions of the G1 cars that will be awesome. Though, if it is I'm also slightly surprised they didn't go with another character like Ironhide or Ratchet. I just want them to worry more about keeping the vehicles at least close to the same scale rather than keeping the robot modes the same height.

11. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally. One of my favorites of the 84 Autobots. Here's to hoping Takaratomy makes more. On my way to get rid of my Henkeis now.

12. NLWprime

NLWprime Well-Known Member

it might be me but why? is he really big in japan and singapor. i never really got the character to begin with. plus i would love a mp g1 ironhide

13. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    It's nice, but a bit of a waste. SO many more characters they could have done first, and so many that deserved it more. I mean, I love Sideswipe, but Galvatron or Powermaster Prime or even Star Saber would make more sense. Just my opinion.

14. optimus12380

optimus12380 Well-Known Member

I think since iGear is covering the MP sized Ironhide and Ratchet I'm cool with Takara tackling some of the other Autobot cars...Would ideally like to see an MP Prowl, Bluestreak and Smokescreen...also would be cool to see an MP Inferno & Grapple.

Maybe we can now start thinking MP triple changers and of course I still hope they will try to give the MP treatment to the rest of the main cast of the '86 movie.

15. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^IMHO, pleae don't be too hasty! cause like obviously they would be worth more when MP-Lambor is released. Also, it should like most of us have been mentioning- most likely take Takaratomy YEARS to finish the MP line consisting of all Autobot cars. The year 2050 perhaps? :lol 

16. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't need TT to finish or even go that much further into this line. Yeah, I know how long it takes for TT to release these things. I just needed an excuse to get rid of my Henkeis/United car Autobots, which never quite matched my expectations of G1-updates.

I am surprised, though, that TT didn't go with Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen first. Slight mods and repaints would seem like the obvious choice.

In any case, I just hope this Sideswipe is more user-friendly than Rodimus.

17. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    And that's also barring a line reboot that they did just recently :p  can you imagine the fan-rage if they changed the scale and started re-releasing Prime and Starscream in smaller sizes mid-line again? :lol 

18. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Check post 230 for the super clear pic:

I think he uses MP10's hands. Size indicator?

19. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    My question is if Hasbro and Takara can get an official license from Lambo. Then again, Starscream does not have a license from Lockheed Martin

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's not going to use the exact same hands. Just because they look similar doesn't mean a thing. They're robot hands.

Also, they're not the same hands, anyways. MP-10 has a circular detail at the base of the thumb, which isn't present on Sideswipe.