Mastermind Creations Titanika (Strika)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by LazyAza, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I still think this looks fantastic even as a Roadbuster design. Not all fembots need to be sexy.

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wonder if we can get a G2 General Optimus Prime recolor of the Roadbuster deco?

3. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:

Can someone buy this man a beer? Maybe 30?

I like women. I respect them more. All women are different. All robots seem to be pretty different.

But yah .. why does every damn fembot need lipstick, a tiny waist, and big "breasts"? i mean ... what? So VERY glad it's a SHE and does NOT look like the rest of the reformatted girls. I like them for what they are, but I do not have Azalea in a "sexy" pose and never plan on putting her in one.

In fact, the "sexiest" I have had Azalea, is sitting cross legged or whatever on next to the bar having a drink at Swerve's. : /

4. MrHolister

MrHolister Well-Known Member

There are tons of different bodytypes of men and women in the world. Fat, skinny, bulky, short, tall, busty, lanky, ripped, flabby, etc... and honestly the transformers historically (especially in comics) have explored several for men, but many less for women. Ie, when have you seen a "Bulkhead esque" bodyshaped fembot that they made a clumsy smash all character... Honestly that would make the fandom enrage because they made the "big girl bot stupid cliche" or if they gave a short squatty fembot a Napoleon complex,.."That's insensitive to short people"..

So basically, instead of just making characters for the sake of characters, they have to worry about ever making a vocal public angry about a female character. That's why they have a few options now,

1) Incredibly smart, witty female character that is more capable than every other male character, and often have to fix the males mistakes. (Hero version... ie, Prime Arcee, Windblade--- Villain Version Airarachnid, Black Arachnia, )

2) If not the smartest characters, they are some of the toughest, often insulted that any bots would tangle with them. (Hero versions Strongarm, Chromia IDW arcee, Villain version.. idk..I'm sure there was somebody..)

But, there is hope. There are a few characters that are breaking the two previous molds I think. For instance, I really like IDW's Nautica. She is smart, but not arrogant, and she is definitely tough, but not portrayed as some outlier who is ultimate doom etc..

I want to see short fembots aka a female version of Swerve, or Guzzle from the wreckers.

I want to see a few careless loveable characters ala Prime Bulkhead.

I want to see a fembot henchman...henchwoman? Like a tough character, like Roadbuster, Hardhead, etc..

Sorry for the rant. I agree with some of both sides on the debate, but what the fandom needs is diversity, not just plagiarism to specific demographics.

SHORT VERSION:

More fembots. More variety. Ditch the norm. Make normal characters, not every fembot needs to be a prom queen or a feminist crusader.

Ok, back on topic. I would buy this as Roadbuster. I don't know enough about Strika to be in love, but the mold seems awesome, and I might bite twice on this mold.

5. 8bitboy

8bitboy Well-Known Member

MMC Titanika. I cannot wait to own her!!! :D  Hurry and come to me Strika!

6. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    We haven't seen the alt mode yet have we? I wouldn't make any concrete claims about transformation until we have just yet.

But my guess is that the front of her chest plate flips up and forms the "grill" of the alt mode while her thighs stay flat and her knees bend up and around as the lower legs flip apart and peg to the sides of the rear of the hull (her backpack folded down) similarly to how FP's revolver transforms. So leg wheels = back two axels I think.

I think her front wheels flip up around her torso somehow as her shoulder pads sit above them forming wheel covers. I think her forearms and hands either fold to her side or behind her back somehow. But again just my guess based on the engineering I perceive from the bot mode.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Co-sign, especially the bolded part.

As for "Titanika," I'm skipping. I want Strika, not Roadbuster with a Strika head. I could customize that myself.

8. ZeroBG82

ZeroBG82 Well-Known Member

Hmm... love the bot mode, not digging the alt mode at all. Perhaps colored prototypes will change my tune, wouldn't be the first time.

9. DinobotSludge

DinobotSludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well I see obsidian... but I am stil waiting on my MP quality Tidal Wave, Waspinator, bulkhead, and Lugnut people... come on 3rd party guys chop chop, lets make these bots happen!!!

10. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    Uh...

[​IMG]

Judging from the back of the calves, the raised part on the inner half looks to match the rearmost fenders more than the front two. And aside from the canopy forming the shoulders (with the windshield being at the top of the shoulders) and the obvious lower arms, it's hard for me to figure out the rest. Especially since the resin prototype looks to be a little different.

11. Lodril

Lodril Poet of Destruction

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Assuming that's what the wheels will look like, I wonder how they'll be mounted? If it's not already done that way, I'd love to see some enterprising party let them hinge outwards to extend like the BM version. Just a simple Z-shaped piece that folds into the wheels would let her keep the transformation but still extend the tires out and down.

12. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry, didn't realize you had missed the new pics. Godoislate already reposted it so i won't do it again. The forearms are the back middle of alt mode. Maybe the leg wheels are the front and back with the shoulder ones in the middle now that I think about it since that is where the shoulders are. Take a look at it and I think you will see why I compared it to Cybertron Dirt Boss with wheel guards.

13. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah haven't been on tfw much lately and I didn't watch peaughs vids. I'll be able to see the pics better for myself when I have eupa n salvia.

Makes me wonder why mmc hasn't just posted those renders online, they look really nice.

14. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I just realized something. The renders in the eupa/salvia manuals of her she has her TF Animated color scheme - maroon, yellow and grey, not her BM color scheme - purple, teal and yellow.

Why would mmc do that? surely they realize "fans of strika" want her original deco primarily and her for lack of a better term "fan update" colors maybe as a secondary alternative as a potential re-release at a later date, not the other way around. Because the whole point of her TFA appearance was derrik making a nod to some cool characters from an otherwise poorly regarded iteration of the franchise. If you're going to homage those characters why wouldn't you give them their original palette first. Makes no sense to me

15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wasn't aware Strika had any "colour purism" fans. Certainly nobody raised a stink about it for her Animated appearance.

Anyways, Beast Machines as a whole was largely blue-tinted, so the magenta tones could easily be viewed as her "natural light" colours.

16. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Oh I like the animated colors too I just think its an odd choice is all. I would prefer her BM palette but given no one will ever make another strika figure after this one most likely I'll take what I can get.

However it imo is like making a bruticus set and having the first deco you do be ruination or g2 instead of g1. Its just weird to me.

17. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    no ones pointed it out so it is up to me.

TITanika

18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks Beavis.

19. MechaKnight

MechaKnight Autobot

[​IMG]

20. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

Hmm, let's see now...

Decepticon - Tick