Mastermind Creations R-48NP Nox Prominon

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Calabask, Sep 5, 2023.

1. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I am thinking that one day the cloak will power my retirement. TFWers will do anything to make their bots as fashionable as possible.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. R4B1Y4

R4B1Y4 Rabiya/Biya

honestly, i think this doesnt look like Scourge/Nemesis much, it gave me Night Watch prime, like a special color for a mission, he just doesnt look evil to me....

4. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    And now I'm REALLY hoping someone makes an upgrade kit to give him his shoulder missile pad things.

• Like Like x 4
  5. DarkOxygen

DarkOxygen Well-Known Member

RVDA mentioned in the MMC Appreciation thread that the "Stunning Optus Retool" is for a character that's big in the overall Transformers brand, but not necessarily a main character from the IDW comics. My bet's changed to Magnus.

Actually, I wonder if you could pull off a stylized G1 Rodimus Prime starting from the Optus mold...

• Like Like x 6
  6. BethCyra

BethCyra I NEED MP BiG CONVOY (Rumored)

I’d argue for RiD that kinda works? Given Fortress still responds to him and he has some of Prime in him?

We’ve had characters like Megatron and SixShot changing faction and not being 100% evil, and if we ever had a Black Convoy that wasn’t fully evil this would likely be the one.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    It’s technically accurate but I do wish the black was darker like Nox.
    My guess is Magnus also. I’d take a stylized Hot Rod/Rodimus out of this mold especially for the articulation.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mechman42

Mechman42 Queen of Sound

News Credits:
    He was referring to a couple days ago, when he said that any future Reformatted toys AFTER the last Pexus will be big names. The retool is still unknown.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Viosi

Viosi Active Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Gonna go with a wildcard with my guess and say it could be an IDW Sentinel Prime- cause looking at the few bits of art of him online, I could see some similarities (with the waist and legs especially). Although if we're talking big BIG names- they could probably pull off some sort of Soundwave out of this mold, would be a pretty crazy retool.

• Like Like x 2
  10. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    Sun Sword
    Sun Sword
    Sun Sword
    Sun Sword
    Sun Sword

:p 

11. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Animated Sentinel Prime using some of the Optus Loco design would be a pretty good remold as well.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

This black deco is what I hoped for rather than the dark blue and bronze we got.

• Like Like x 4
  13. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The toy is in fact pure black for those concerned. 426C neutral the same black we've used many times on other things.

Such as ErisAlt, same main color as her:

blacklastc.jpg

Some of the photos just have some odd color grading. This photographer very brightly lights everything he photos so he'll blow out mmc's plastics/paints sometimes and sometimes certain camera settings n setups will cause odd filtering effects changing how a materials color looks in a given picture.

I can see why he would over light a toy like this in particular since he is so dark with grimey metallic as his secondary the color pop is all in his magenta and cyan bits but personally I'm ok with darker toys being allowed to look dark even if they end up a bit of a blackened void in photos.

Here's another fun example while I'm at it. Same exact shade of blue plastic on both the limited and regular editions of mmc Pitch but as you can see the same photographer decided to super saturate the limited figures promo photos while I believe HardReturn did the regular releases photos (not sure, might have been another photographer) and HR always goes for more true-to life tonal representation in his pics.

Next to my own dumb photo where I use basic household lamps n my phone camera.

pitchblue.jpg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 11
  14. Dragga

Dragga Well-Known Member

Pretty happy to hear that, as it confirms what I suspected! I assume RVDA's post is actually how it will look under normal lighting then?

15. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    No that was his initial visual mockup for what we wanted to aim for. The black is a black but the two main body metallics are not dark silvers.

The metallics used on the toy have never been tested before so before we knew how they'd look mmc already listed him. But given the character has beige/brown in the cartoon eh we may as well be content with those.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

I think the majority of us can live with the bronze/gunmetal/metallic.

It was just the look of a Blue Scourge that was the turnoff.

• Like Like x 2
  17. BethCyra

BethCyra I NEED MP BiG CONVOY (Rumored)

It was weird, and I absolutely would understand if they never actually did that version.

Just saying though as someone who dropped the pre order before having clarification, that almost midnight blue is kinda sexy and I wouldn’t mind buying a version with that actually there if y’all want to release it lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  19. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Yeah, I was a little disappointed with the quality of the photos used to advertise the figure, the poses even look unnatural which is honestly pretty hard to do with the Pexus mold. I wish @hardreturn was who they used for everything honestly. Probably a busy person what with the quality of their photos, but their photography would show MMC's products off better and give a more accurate representation of the final product.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Dragga

Dragga Well-Known Member

The black is definitely the main element I was looking to. The mockup's excellent at showing the black dark enough to make the blue highlights pop, so that's always my priority in any Scourge/Black Convoy colorscheme. If that's showing more of what can be expected on those shades, I am even more excited for this one to come in.

• Like Like x 2