Mastermind Creations R-35 MAGNA (G1 Sky Lynx)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Dangard Ace, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's going in my MP shelf. Holy Scale chart be damned cause going that route means the size of a couch.

• Like Like x 8
  2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sky-Lynx's animation scale is so variable that this still qualifies, anyways. At his smallest, he's still larger than Sludge in dino-mode, which this toy should be able to manage handily, even against Graviter.

I definitely agree with you. Sky-Lynx doesn't really have the play features or the animation precedent that requires him to be, like, Omega Supreme size. He's never going to be big enough to function as a troop transport, so that's right out.

• Like Like x 2
  3. keef

keef You stepped on my toes

To me, Predaking was sort of his arch enemy. I'm into combiners the size that Constructor established and when a PK around that size comes along, I want a Skylynx that looks like it could go toe-to-toe with it, so this would be a little small imo. I certainly have nothing against this guy or those that choose it, just my reasoning for wanting something a bit bigger. Now, the real problem is finding all the space for such things.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gigapower teased a Sky Lynx roughly ten billion years ago. Sky Lynx is just one of those guys that only a few companies are going to take a stab at. He's huge and way less popular than other "huge" guys, i.e. Omega Supreme. I suspect that FT will take a crack at him at some point, and perhaps maybe Wei Jiang because they're the kings of WTF announcements, but that's probably going to be all for a good while.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hayabusa

hayabusa Skyfire

This sky lynx is very toony but for us who want the huge toy accurate version are probably gonna wait for a larger version ..this splits all fans in three,toy boys loony toony,and horder resellars

• Like Like x 1
  6. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Maybe XTB / Gigapower / FT can do both for 200 - 250 in MP scale... Dont know, just saying. i dont feel the price of this is that good compared to their overlord at 185$.

Hopefully ebay will save us... fingers crossed. got my feral rex ready and maybe i start with one of the two and see.

just put my feral rex on my mp shelf, and..... i am ok with it. Which wasnt the case with Hexatron. I think i could give this a try too and see if i get him.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I think...

Damn, that's exactly what I was gonna say.

I don't care personally. Ft will charge way too much for theirs and I bet it'll be a pain to transform.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:

Hey Robo,if thats the case then just get rid of something you think you can live without,I usually do that with ones I have found better versions of.And if you can't stand to part with something then just buy one of those portable car garages that you can put together in 3 or 4 hours,I see those all the time for like $400 to $500 and they are fully enclosed which is enough for a thousand figures to fit in,,just saying give it a try.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think my landlord will appreciate me putting a portable car garage in the parking lot. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Plus, you'd be pretty pissed when someone stole the whole garage from the middle of the parking lot. And the crooks might be a bit upset that you didn't have the right size Sky Lynx

• Like Like x 3
  11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup...that as well. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  12. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :D 

• Like Like x 2
  13. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    But...

Isn’t Sky Lynx a Combiner? ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  15. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

Is that revoltech Rodimus in that picture? This looks sooo good.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh of course his scale is all over the place. Like I said, I was genuinely curious where people had it in mind.

I'm just glad he's bigger than the Combiner Wars version. Can we all agree that was too small? :p 

• Like Like x 2
  17. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, I'm totally glad he's bigger than the CW one. Yikes.

I was actually just impressed that MMC found a size that seems like it can work, under certain circumstances, with a variety of collection types. CW SL kind of works, size wise, if you're hoping for a CHUG collection and a Return of OP size (basically, the scene where he's standing next to the Quintesson over OP's body), but it's ridiculously undersized for going against any Predaking (even in the "he combines w/other guys to fight them" way, he's mostly undersized). This size seems workable as a nemesis for most Predakings except at the biggest end (which would be a niche filled in eventually by FT or Gigapower, one might assume). MMC's size also works for Lynx hanging out w/MP collections as a generally large member of the posse (as he's mostly depicted in group scenes). Now, obviously, there's a huge difference between "is a workable size" and "obeys one's personal sense of scale," so I'm sure he won't work in a ton of collections, but I feel like MMC hit the sweet spot where plenty of people can convince themselves this version works.

For me, I'm happy with this size - he'll be smaller than PotP Predaking, but not in an utterly absurd way. That's really all I want - for him to be credible when posed up against Predaking but clearly not in the Hasbro city bot size class.

• Like Like x 3
  18. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    Is there a WST Predaking? That might be good for CW SkyLynx when not as Sky Reign. Or maybe Flame Toys will announce a model kit that probably would be too big, but it’s closer still.

While not quite as dense and detailed a Sky Lynx as I’d like for a Legends sized SkyLynx, it’s nice that it can fan-mode a Lynx without Combiner limbs for anyone who loves SkyLynx and really wanted him to be a triple changer instead of a MacroMaster Combiner. ;P

I wasn’t sure initially, but I definitely think that’s the case. The way the wheels sit in the shoulders settles it for me.

35C808E0-DC6C-4E07-9126-03AB7AC49BC5.jpeg

At the same time, the elbow nipple on that photo from 1999.co.jp does not look nearly as prominent as the one in that pic. I also have no idea why they are there in the first place, but I guess Kaiyodo planned for some kind of Rodders Prime armor and never actually did it.

19. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

The only other 3rd Party Predaking that might come close would be UT Warlord.

• Like Like x 2
  20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The exposed peg in the elbow is just due to how the Revolver Joints connect. The forearm is already occupied inside by the hand peg, so the elbow peg had to be deflected through the back of the forearm instead.

• Like Like x 1