Mastermind Creations R-35 MAGNA (G1 Sky Lynx)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Dangard Ace, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Kwolf

Kwolf Well-Known Member

Ebay:

He talks about the lights around 16:15

I never used the lights on mine.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

3. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:

This fix seems absolutely terrifying to me.

i don't own a drill currently. Let alone one that small. And I wouldn't want to test it out on a figure so expensive. Plus won't that leave drill holes on your toy forever more?

Someone else mentioned they fixed their with nail polish and a napkin. or something? Are there any other method?

4. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

This is still my favorite 3rd Party design. Everybody else turns a robot, but not this guy, he turns into a Space Dragon! Plus it feels so good in hand, and that's with owning MMC's Overlord, (My pick for second best figure.)

5. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've removed the screw some other way, but I don't remember how.something thin and sharp - I may have left some small mark on the plastic, but it's negligible and hardly visible in that spot. A drill will likely just remove the screw cover, which isn't a problem, as Magna Inventa comes with spares.

6. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What I did was drill only halfway and then I was able to kinda lever the screw covers out. That way I could flip them and put the undrilled side outward when I was done tightening the screws.

• Like Like x 1
  7. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

I opened mine up and tightened the screws that were supposed to be the culprits but it didn't seem to make much difference to me. I can get his head to stay up but I wouldn't want to mess with it too much but it was that way out of the box. That said, it did work for some people and honestly, those little screw covers are soooo tiny that I figured screw it and just left them off. You can see a screw in his neck but it's so tiny it's one of those "Oh it's there? It totally doesn't even detract from the figure" things.

There are some spare covers in the box as someone else said if it bothers you. If yours is messing up, I would seriously say go for it as the worst thing that will happen is you took the covers off near the head. Once you get them out, it's just a screw in a hole that you take a screwdriver to. I think some people flicked the covers out with an exacto knife but you could scratch it up with that. It was simple to get a tiny drill bit into the cap, make a hole and when you do that, the cap hangs onto the bit and just pull it out. Get a small finger drill at Harbor Freight or off Amazon....they're like $8. It'll do the job nicely.

https://www.amazon.com/Bastex-Preci...-b43f-4741-a772-17cad7536576&tag=spyonsite-20

• Like Like x 1
  8. Razzadazza

Razzadazza Well-Known Member

And it doesn’t always work.

I emailed MMC customer service, paid $15 for a replacement neck, that included shipping.
    Took a few minutes to swap it out.

• Like Like x 1