Mastermind Creations R-35 MAGNA (G1 Sky Lynx)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Dangard Ace, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Spillatron

Spillatron German Schweinehund

Could someone tell me how tall the Chicken is in this,
    [​IMG]
    or a similar pose? Would be greatly appreciated.

2. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    With his legs fully extended in bird mode he's about 13 inches tall. But if you compress them a bit like in that promo pic you can shave off about an inch or so from him.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Spillatron

Thank you, thank you very much. Gonna order me some Chicken now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

I'm having trouble sourcing the lynx part. Does anyone have a source they can recommend?

5. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    The Chosen Prime has it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AniCosmos

AniCosmos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I decided to play "Loose Neck Roulette" at TFCON and picked up Inventa. I was finally able to open him up last night. Did my gamble pay off?... nope :oops: 

I'm able to get his head to stay up in one extreme pulled back position but anything else and his head hits the table. Totally seems like they rushed this guy out the door and he's a definite step down from his cat friend. Oh well, I knew the risks and mixed reviews going in. He'll still look bad ass when combined, I just wish I could actually pose him.

7. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It's a fairly easy fix. I even managed it without destroying any of the screw covers - drilled into them part of the way then used a small screwdriver in the drilled holes to dig in and pull them out. When I finished tightening the screws, I flipped the screw covers around and put the undrilled side facing outward. You shouldn't be expected to fix your expensive toys but at least it's an easy one, right?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    I'd be really hesitant to call any fix that requires a drill an "easy fix." For one, it requires an appropriate drill which is not exactly cheap. Additionally, it requires knowledge of precision drilling and a steady hand. I would not be able to do this, even if I had a drill.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mondochuk

Mondochuk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does it really require a specialty drill though? I fixed my Magna with a pin vise, a small drill bit, and a screw.
    Warranted I had to replace the cover, but doesn't Inventa come with some replacement screw covers?
    Genuine question since I have yet to pick one up.

• Like Like x 3
  10. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

you dont need a drill per se. but if you have one it makes it super fast. all you need to do this fix is a small drill bit and nothing else. you can turn the bit by hand and within 10-20 seconds you should be done with the hole.

you could always just pick up a pin vise for like 5 bucks if want to be future safe and dont want to buy a drill.

either way this is a super easy fix even for those who have no tools or mechanical skill set.

• Like Like x 1
  11. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    He does have some replacements. Not enough to cover fixing the whole neck though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my Inventa maybe a month ago, and thankfully his neck has behaved itself pretty well. There's some positions where it might fall suddenly if he's given a good shake, but all the joints hold their pose against gravity.

13. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

only the base needs to be fixed. no need to touch anything other than the base.

14. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

Ah, thank you!

15. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That's fair. It's a reasonably easy fix and you don't actually need a drill, just a...

...yes, that. I used the drill bit by hand since it was safer than using an actual power drill and I didn't have a pin vise on hand.

Yeah, that's why I didn't drill all the way through the covers. Just enough to give me something to grip with the little screwdriver. Then I could just turn them around and reuse them.

That's true, strictly speaking, but I found that the first three joints were pretty weak. They'd hold up but they just weren't as strong as I'd have liked. So I did those three. That was enough that he no longer has any significant neck weakness. He'll still drop if you shake him but he longer drops from just a little bump, and I can pose him with his neck straight forward if I want.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Spillatron

Got my robot chicken today and yeah... He's awesome! No loose neck or anything. Looks pretty great with the season 3 MPs.

17. h1gg1n5

h1gg1n5 Well-Known Member

Which pin vise do you use? I was looking on Aliexpress for a cheap one to have just in case but it only brings up the micro drills with bits. Which I already have.

Thanks.

EDIT: Everytime I come on here I manage to find something else to buy. Just picked up the pair of there off ebay for a pretty decent price shipped to me. Fingers crossed the neck is tight.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019