Mastermind Creations Carnifex (Overlord)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CZ Hazard, Sep 28, 2013.

1. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

smaller and quite different.

2. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

I am looking forward for the remaining DJD to be out first

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

Well personally i am still waiting for my MMC milkbottle. My girlfriend has been pregnant for 2 years now, but its not like she can just "let it out" without a functional milkbottle. How will we feed the baby? Hurry the hell up MMC, you are ruining my family planning

4. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

How much smaller :dunce 

5. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

I was devastated when the reissue was cancelled. I only found a few used ones online with fairly jacked-up prices. I was resigned to never owning this.

Then I saw TFSource had one in their Vintage section Thursday night. I don’t trust their payment processor, so I made myself a deal. If it was still listed when I got out of work Friday, I’d get a Visa gift card and order it. I figured there was just no possible way it would last that long.

Went to work, checked my phone when I got out, and wow, it was still there. I stopped, checked the listing again before paying for the gift card, and got it. I got home, registered the gift card, and ordered. I was floored that it worked out. I just got the shipping notice today, so in a few days, I’ll be able to add a piece to my collection that I was foolish to skip the first time around. I’m genuinely happy about it.

• Like Like x 13
  6. Jamiec1979

Jamiec1979 Well-Known Member

7. The Chippy Winger

The Chippy Winger The Struggle is real

You won’t be disappointed. He’s stunning. Enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  8. bri888

bri888 bte888

Ebay:
    I was thinking of selling my carnifex until I read this.

• Like Like x 1
  9. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Yeah I have Carnifex, and wish there'd be an upscaled version for my MP collection. Not too into the FansHobby version. Anywho, if a good MP Overlord substitute is made, I'll get it, but definitely looking to keep Carnifex!

10. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Just got it today, and it really is a stunning figure. Since I bought it used, I really gave it a close inspection, and everything checked out. I’m not surprised - I might not trust TFSource’s payment processor, but I’ve never gotten a bad or damaged piece from their vintage department.

As an added surprise, the G1 upgrade kit was included! It wasn’t installed, and I might never bother with it, but it was a very pleasant surprise. Really, THIS is a perfect Commander-class Decepticon to display opposite Siege Jetfire.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Upon further inspection, he has one small broken piece. The tip of the shield broke off.

[​IMG]

Honestly, I’m not even mad. It’s a clean break on a part that doesn’t affect the transformation, and was barely noticeable. I might just sand that spot down a bit and drop a dab of paint over it. I basically got it for less than MSRP AND got the upgrade kit for free. I’m not going to complain.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

That's such a small piece that doesn't have a lot of lenght to get leverage on, makes me wonder how the hell it got broken off in the first place haha.

13. Mondochuk

Mondochuk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got mine second (third?) hand and it had the same piece broken off.
    I didn't even notice it at first, doesn't affect a thing that I've come across. Truly is a fantastic figure.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sonofadefro

How indeed is the question. I leave mine in bot mode all the time, but jeez. Thats a really specific breaking point. Maybe the previous owner dropped the sheild. The black plastic may be more brittle?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hexatron

That's a possibility. I got my carnifex 3 years ago i think, haven't even bothered to pay attention to any other overlord releases haha

16. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

Still in my top 3 figures of all time; along with MMC's Sky Lynx and MMC's Springer.

17. Sonofadefro

Engineering isnt the best(shoulders and the lack of a proper tank turret). But the bot mode still remains visually stunning and holds up amazingly well, even after all these years. It captures the essence of IDW overlord and takes minimal creative liberties, so no matter how far down the future you can still say: he looks like a good IDW overlord. But if a 3P can come along and do one with better engineering and greater comic accuracy, it would easily win me over. It just amazes me, how 3Ps seem to avoid the IDW market

18. Hexatron

What's wrong with the shoulders?

19. Sonofadefro

I honestly think its needlessly finicky and the tabs feel like theres too much pressure on the small pieces. Sure it wont break if you are careful, but it does wear my patience thin

• Like Like x 2
  20. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...i hate when my friends and i are playing with our transformers and there's this big battle where some of their figures transform all ch-chCH-CHCH-CHK! in the middle of the fight and then one of my figures transforms and he's all ch-ch (flip fold twist extend) chCH CHK (slide slide untab lift rotate) CHKCHK (fold extend twist fold extend twist) CHCH-CHK (untab fold untab fold) CHK! CHK! (twist align tab twist align tab compress) CHK! (slide press fold) CH-CHK! (insert fold insert fold) CHK! (click down) and now he's all ready to kick tailgate but i look up and they're all in the other room watching voltron because they got tired of waiting...

(okay, that hasn't happened in like thirty-something years, but i still hate it)

...anyway, yeah, that's one of the things i love about MMC's reformatted figures; they're quick to transform during play...

• Like Like x 6