Mastermind Creations Carnifex (Overlord)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CZ Hazard, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    That is a real bummer for those that missed out on this awesome release but business is business.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Chippy Winger

The Chippy Winger The Struggle is real

Too bad people are gonna miss out. This is truly one of the best 3rd party offerings ever. IMO crushes Double Evil. And I love FH. Grab him at a decent price now if you can.

• Like Like x 3
  3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People are not missing out. There's FatHobby.

4. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    People are definitely missing out. MMC Overlord is fantastic.

• Like Like x 3
  5. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Don't get me wrong, I have Carnifex as well. And I like him. But quite a few people got him as a stand in for G1 Overlord, which is what most people want. How can be people be missing out when they don't want it in the first place. And if people are TRULY feeling that they are missing out, then it would be reflected in the preorder numbers. So no, they are not missing out.

6. edgs2099

News Credits:
    That's disingenuous and you know it. Did they say, 0 people pre-ordered this so it's canceled, or did they say that the pre-order numbers didn't meet the minimum threshold to get it produced? Clearly, the people that pre-ordered and now have had the pre-ordered cancelled, are indeed missing out. So yeah, you're absolutely wrong and that's ok. People are missing out.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

I like carnifex, but my issue with MMC's 'creative liberties' is that they sometimes seem like lazy shortcuts. I mean, they couldnt even give carnifex a proper tank turret in tank mode? The oversized cannon does not make up for the lack of a turret. Of course, their transformations have many brilliant moments. I like how overlord's sheild becomes flat via clever origami. But the other parts just seem like half-formed ideas that needs refinement. Thats my issue with most reformatted stuff. At that price point, i expect design and engineering to be on par other 3P stuff. Like Fanstoys, unique toys, KFC, etc. Reformatted line has great paint and finish, but thats about it. Sculpt and design wise i think it doesnt justify its price. Some exceptions come to mind, but those are due to price drops

• Like Like x 3
  8. Prime time 101

Prime time 101 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Yep iron factory’s overlord was more accurate at legends scale lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    I never said that 0 people preordered. Obviously there's more than zero. Also I wasn't being disingenuous. It's true most people wanted a G1 Overlord and they used the MMC one as a standin. Also can still be gotten from other places like eBay, people have mentioned on top that they've been able to get it for cheap occasionally as well. People are only truly missing out if they can NOT get it from ANYWHERE. So yeah, you're absolutely wrong and that's ok.

10. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    You are wrong. They are missing out ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  11. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I tend to agree that people are missing out on the re-release but also it is true that Overload pops up quite often on Ebay and the price is still very reasonable, compared to other unavailable figures.

12. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    I also pointed out that 4 months after its initial release, A3U (a sponsor of this site) had to cut the price down from 180(?) to 150. That usually does not happen unless a figure is not selling as well as expected.

I like this figure and unless someone offers me the right price, I won't sell it, but just because I like it does not mean that many people are pining for it.

13. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He looks really well with other reformatted figures which I am addicted to after picking up the first one. Well, I can't remember which is the first one I buy but they are all awesome.

14. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    I used to think the world of the Reformatted line, but the honeymoon ended a long time ago. I want my IDW figures to be as accurate to the comics as possible, not "IDW inspired". Also MMC's practice of reusing moulds like crazy just doesn't sit well with me. Just look at the Tarn mould, it's Tarn, it's Optimus, it's Thunderclash, I am surprised it's not been turned into an Arcee ;)  By the way, if you like Reformatted, more power to you. We all have the right to enjoy different things ;)  I am still going to buy the last 2 members of the DJD, but that's it. After that it's Planet X all the way for my IDW figures. Assuming they are continuing that is ......

• Like Like x 1
  15. edgs2099

News Credits:
    Lol, you got it. ;) 

16. Jamiec1979

Jamiec1979 Well-Known Member

Sorry but from your multiple posts it seems you have it out for MMC so you are therefore going after carnifex, and because YOU want a g1 overlord the most doesn't mean everyone does, true more would want a g1 because of the bigger fan base but there are alot of idw/last stand of the wreckers/lost light fans that wanted carnifex. I'm a fan of both g1 and idw and want a g1 overlord representation but honestly fanshobby is just to fat for my liking his proportions are off imo. But while not 100% true to the idw art carnifex is still a top5 3rd party figure ever.

17. bri888

bri888 bte888

Ebay:
    I still think this beats fanshobby's version. I like the more modern design instead of that g1 look. He has a more expressive face and better aesthetics overall. Yeah I'm not exactly a big fan of mmc doing recolors of the same mold but this figure is excellent and looks like it came out of the idw comics just like their megatron

• Like Like x 1
  18. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

Anybody here got pics of their god master tiddy dudes next to an original power/godmaster or any sort of master figurine? I got a g1 lordy not long ago missing a Mega, been a total bitch to find her for a reasonable price, I'm wondering how close would these little dudes be to the originals size wise?

19. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

That is too bad for those who haven't grabbed this guy up yet.
    My guess is though he will be back for another pre-order eventually.
    I think MMC got stage shy about a second run on this guy though. Even though the pre-order qty was low, it is hard to guage demand just on that. The season and amount of other items on the market really drives buyers. Even if Carnifex sat on vendor shelves for months, it would eventually sell out again. Maybe early next Spring they will give it another run after listening to social media again.

Could also be their feeling on their current releases. Kind of a bad time to be releasing a Bruticus with Warbotron still being able to be bought and Zeta and UT releasing theirs in the past year or so. Kind of like their Springer.
    Their Mirage reissue plus their IDW Megatron should sell again well.

Professional post by MMC, all things aside.
    Who couldn't continue to support them? I'm the guy with like 5 Hexatrons of various types and that isn't including the clonedroids KOs.lol

• Like Like x 2
  20. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That only works if the retailers order. Generally when a manufacturer talks about 'low orders', it's at the store level, not actual customer orders.

They wouldn't care if the stores sat on the stock, they'd have already made their sale. If the stores don't order though, they have nowhere for the product to go.