Mastermind Creations Carnifex (Overlord)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CZ Hazard, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

I noticed this, however. If you untab the wings from the engine compartment, the backpack slides down/up magically easy! In fact, i think this is the trick you are speaking of. There is a tiny hook on the wings that prevent it from sliding down. So always untab it before sliding the backpack(up or down). This is what i remember, at least. U gotta try it to believe it. I am stuck in army camp until tomorrow:mad 

2. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

Oh I know about the two tabs that the wings peg into on the backpack. It would likely break the wings or sheer the tabs off if you tried sliding it without releasing them.
    But it's still very difficult to move it.

I suspect the secret lies somewhere in the position of the ab/chest crunch. It doesn't help that A)the instructions for Carnifex are absolute dogshit and B) that there's little actual points to apply pressure on the backpack without ouch on the wings themselves. There's nothing easy about it and yet every now and then it moves like butter. There something in there that's hard to see due to limited light access and black plastic. And others have broken it there so it's not remotely something i want to force.

3. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Backpack is very very easy, I even have a video on my channel showing exactly how to do it.:) 

Wings need a lot of force to click in is all, tight clip in points pretty standard for a lot of toys.

4. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

Heh, so easy it needs its own dedicated video explaining how to do it.

After my post I played around with it a lot using a flashlight. Your vid is spot on, there is basically one specific point in the torso crunch that allows it to much more easily. This is due to two stops, one on either side, in the blue plastic that will prevent the whole thing from sliding if the torso is straight or angled back. There's some sort of nub/detent style thing near the top that locks it in the upper position that very well may be easier on some copies than mine.

If MMC ever do another run of this guy they should consider updating the instructions. The shoulder armour stuff is one area, the hip pices you mentioned and a simple photo of how to position the torso would do wonders. It's a fantastic piece and very robust but the unclear directions can and have been directly responsible for breakage.

5. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Well I meant very easy once the specific reason it would be difficult at all is realized and avoided. It's simply the fault of the instructions not clearly indicating that his backpack can't be moved unless the parts preventing it from moving are out of the way. It's less a complication and more an oversight of valuable info for the customer. 3P instruction booklets often make these kinds of mistakes.

6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  7. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the great info!

8. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Yeah, this is the exact thing I figured out and it helps immensely. The shoulders are a bitch at first, but once you master them the only thing that really challenges me about the figure is keeping the shoulders tabbed in while he's in the super jet mode. Now that I've had him for a while, I can take him from the bot mode to the alt modes in about ten minutes (which is mostly just me being careful). One of the hip pieces did pop off of my copy, but it's a simple matter of just sticking it back in there and letting friction hold it in. I'm still somewhat tempted to buy the upgrade set, but I'm just so happy with him stock that I'm just not sure I'd display him with anything from the set besides the cannons, and I am also of the mind that putting reprolabels on this figure is a fucking travesty. Carnifex is without an ounce of doubt the best Transformer I own, anyone not happy with this figure after they put out the upgrade kit for the Masterforce fans is just too damn picky.

9. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As someone who's biased towards Reprolabels, I love the set except the shoulder stickers. They have a point and will peel back if you're not careful when transforming the shoulders into jet mode. (The shoulder transformation is my biggest gripe on Carnifex).

Here's some of my crappy pics.

20170402_184419.jpg 20170402_184346.jpg 20170402_170213.jpg 20170402_001650.jpg 20170402_000146.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. 8bitboy

8bitboy Well-Known Member

Really? Scope these out.

[​IMG]

Phase Sixers. Love 'em!

[​IMG]

Wut?

[​IMG]

Better.

[​IMG]

Only because these two have history since Last Stand of the Wreckers.

[​IMG]

"Give it back, Gigatron."

11. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I bought this when it first dropped, then sold it a few months later to fund a purchase for something I else I wanted. I recently decided to take another shot at it, especially with the Continuum add-ons. I haven't read LSOTW, so I bought this more because (1) I'm a fan of MMC's designs and (2) my love of Overlord came from the Super-God Masterforce series. I look at the toy as a fusion of Overlord's general design elements coupled with MMC's sculpting. With the options provided by the Continuum kit, I really do think this can work in either the IDW or G1 Masterpiece camp. There are some things you'll have to concede, but you can't go totally wrong either way.

I do have my eye on FansHobby's Overlord, as I own their Scourge and 2/3 of their Monsterbots with the third on preorder. It's taken some time to get used to FansHobby's design elements. I think they're a little on the "puffy" side - if that makes sense. But they've grown on me.

Carnifex is an awesome toy, perhaps MMC's greatest effort since their Feral Rex.

12. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    :lol  I did the same thing!! Just got it back a week or so ago from TFS

• Like Like x 1
  13. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Carnifex arrives this Thursday...

14. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Applause :D 

Carnifex Continuum.gif

• Like Like x 2
  15. 50yen

50yen New Member

How did you fix the godmaster engine positions from being upside down?

16. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You turn the engine. It's on a pin swivel.

17. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The front and back pieces are only pinned together, but are otherwise separate pieces. You can rotate the chest and engine independently of each other.

18. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just held the engine and twisted the chest. That way you can get the engine pointing up in Carnifex's robot mode.

Of note though, (I did this more because I'm a Geewunner) I don't have the chest and engine 100% in opposite directions. It's a little crooked. With patience though, you can get them to line up. I'm a little too lazy.

19. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

Got my parts in from MMC a while back an finally got everything fixed. He is a pouty lipped BEAST!

20. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I despise stickers and for me MP means that you get molded detail and paint accents that remove the need for those. He is exquisite and to me really the standard for the level of love and care I want to see out of every MP figure. Even as far as the faction symbol I am willing to pay a little more for a solution similar to OP and what jream has done for Phoenix and Terminus or those those raised metallic stickers.