Mastermind Creations Carnifex (Overlord)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CZ Hazard, Sep 28, 2013.

1. T.F. Allen

T.F. Allen Better known everywhere else as Theatre Josh

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Don't forget Last Stand of the Wreckers and Sins of the Wreckers!
    It seems that you missed the memo: MTMTE didn't end. It's just being renamed. Lost Light #1 comes out in December (unless it's delayed for some reason), and is effectively MTMTE #58 in all but name. James Roberts is still writing it exactly as he's always planned.
    For MTMTE season 2, Megatron got a new body, and we haven't seen him transform in-fiction yet. Alex Milne has confirmed that his new body's altmode is a tank, and he even has sketches of it in one of his sketchbooks, but he's specifically asked everyone not to share those sketches online, as he wants to keep them exclusive to the sketchbook until Megatron actually transforms in-fiction. MMC's Megatron is so far the only figure based off Megatron's MTMTE season 2 design.

• Like Like x 2
  2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Got this guy the other day. Not understanding all of what those shield adapters do (other than get in the way).

They aren't even in the instructions. Are there any official pics of WTF they do?

3. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, they go in the bag that has the spare head and go back in the box

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

There was one person recently complaining that there's nowhere to store he little black connectors. They're wrong.

They *will* fit in the cockpit, you just have to be very specific with how they're oriented, particularly the larger piece with the joints. The cockpit closes securely so they're always handy when needed. Now the extra head...I got nothin'.

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The folding handle doesn't need any specific orientation at all. There's a longer slot slightly further down from the two main hardpoints that fits the palm tab. So the handle stores flat and doesn't get in the way of anything, in any configuration when you're not using it.

And the folding shield adapter is so that he can hand-hold the shield (point it forwards). The smaller, static tab is so that you can mount it on his forearm. I find that one just gets in the way of everything. The shield winds up sitting very close to his arm, and mostly blocks his elbow joint.

6. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:

I don't know what you're talking about.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Here is most of my collection, 90% bought in the last three years, their are only 10 mps present as of this photo.

[​IMG]

Despotron was my 11th, Primal my 12th. Since this photo I've acquired five new chug figures (carnifex and striker being two of them, two of the best figures ever) and have another four coming that should be out by years end but no mps till next year.

People saying we get nothing but mps are full of nonsense. :lol  Even Carnifex is a chug figure, despite how big he is the dood looks barely anything like his g1 self and sacrificed his base mode in order to be more idw / chug capable.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:

That's so beautiful! <3

I had quite the last 2 or 3 crazy years myself. And you make me wanna try such an epic shot. Dammit!
    Ok I'll try. Gimme some hours. And... Space. I need space :lol 

Addendum: Makes me realize that one big hole in my collection. MT Dystopia.

9. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    As long as MMC and MT are still making figures, there will always be a CHUG, the only difference is that they may redefine what a CHUG is like MT. Heck someday we might see CHUG figures at MP size.

10. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    We have been for a long while is the thing, most of mmc's figures in the reformatted line scale rather well with mps. Even their DJD figures look good next to mps. People who saw Carnifex next to Starsaber immediately assumed ooh MMC went with MP scale for him simply because he was that huge but nope mmc just wanted to make a really big cool figure and that's all, scaling was tossed out the window for him. And they don't really seem to have any interest in maintaining some kind of consistency in that regard with any release in the Reform line so much as making design decisions based on the feature sets they want.

Anarchhus started off closer to Cynicus' height but then got upsized slightly so a wider range of deluxe figures could sit in his chair mode.

And an actual mp scale Overlord would be somewhere between 18 and 19 inches. The thing would be ludicrously huge just like FanToys OmegaSupreme is going to be and ToyWorld Devastator was. If we do ever get a super g1 version of him I hope a company out there is willing to be that crazy with him. But I suspect we're going to see a couple of trypticons and fortmax's after FT and Giga's Omega's.

11. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    I agree, there is a smorgasboard of everything, no matter your tastes in just about every scale imaginable to humanity. There has literally never been a time EVER when we have had more choice and options in TF toys.

remember when they was only one of a character?

Not one size, or one line of toys of variants of a character. JUST ONE TOY. Period. Nothing else.
    Yup, those days are gone. at least for the more popular characters. Look at Astro train for example, we have have the G1 toys, loads of variants, the Chug Astro, 3 different 3P astros, all good in diff ways.
    Compare that to when I was a kid and I had I don't know, 4 transformer toys ever in 15 years. When stuff sold, it was gone, there was no ebay, if you found a garage sale maybe you got something, but probably not. there was no ebay and online sales, there no online!

You look at what we have now, and it's HOLY SHIT! We are so spoiled.

Ah the simple toys of off topic ramblings while waiting for preordered toys.....

12. batfan007

News Credits:
    so he went from an IDW tank mode, to ANOTHER IDw tank mode? How is that secret or anything. Sure for the final art in MTMTE they may not have revealed that, but again does nobody notice the tank treads on his back that have been there for several years? That's like the 3rd or 4th IDW tankatron or so we've seen in IDW along with the G1 gun-style, and the stealth bomber he was for a little bit.

Yes, I followed the hullabaloo about the soft relaunch of the IDW titles, it's a smart move, DC's NEW 52 did well overall in sales, and they have known for years that there are boosts in sales every time they relaunch books, so it makes sense to just do soft relaunches every 3-5 years of any ongoing books really, as the boost always peaks and goes down again as the numbers get higher.

But what about the hardcore fans, who have collected "so and so man" from #1, for 20 years? Well, they are not going anywhere, they already buy everything, so it makes sense to do what they can to get new eyes on those books. I much prefer soft relaunch to endless gimmicks and crossover though. I've enjoyed ALL the IDW books, I'm not putting any of them down, some are just a lot better than others, and the joy of RID and MTMTE is you get an ongoing story, and consistent writers and artist (my pref.) rather than the stop/start nature of the earlier run books where they were still fucking around figuring out what to with their universe (and hoping furman would do everything for them).

I also said some of the books are good, and some are not including some (but not all) of the various minis. I love the first wreckers mini, the second one was one of the most self indulgnt terrible pieces of writing I have ever read. I found it painful to read, almost did not get to the end.

I forget what order they came out, but loved the one with Overlord, the other with spider-creature talks crap and tortures prowl for the whole story while the wreckers make an odd cameo to justify the book title was horrible. Should have called it the Prowl Spotlight Again series or something.

While the current megs in MTMTE / lost light is specific ART design as you said, was combiner wars megatron (and magnus) not IDW megatron? Because he turned into a tank and that toy came out like a couple years ago (give or take).
    Can you clarify on that, becuse it confuses me, I mean I bought that toy and assume he was a tank because well.... he was already a tank in IDW. Artists come and go, but a different artist drawing a tank in their style doesn't make it a new alt mod imo.

Unless you know, it's WW megs or a pre-war cybertronian type style that is deliberately not like terran based alt mode vehicle designs, as no space is needed for pilots/drivers (or to be robots in disguise / stealth).

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  13. T.F. Allen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Combiner Wars Megatron was its own thing. It's the design used in the Earth Wars game, and that's about it. Combiner Wars Magnus was clearly based on his MTMTE design, though his altmode was made to look more Earth-y.

As far as Megatron's new body in MTMTE, it is very definitely a new altmode. He's not just being drawn in a different style; he's been completely redesigned (sort of like if Spider-Man was given a completely new costume). His tank mode is Cybertronian, just like the altmodes of everyone else in MTMTE (except maybe one or two, but I genuinely can't think of anyone onboard with an Earth mode). We haven't seen what it looks like yet, except for in the sketchbook. In fact, since he doesn't have his fusion cannon anymore, it's probably a much less beefy tank. I'd assume that the smaller cannon on his back is the main gun in tank mode. As we haven't seen the tank mode yet for the MMC figure, we don't know if it matches Milne's design.

14. T.F. Allen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    More on topic:
    Overlord playing with himself.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  15. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing like playing with yourself. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  16. batfan007

News Credits:

Hmmm, thanks for replying, if this gets distracting to the thread we can PM (if you have the patience) but to clarify, I've never played that game, I see it was released in 2016, don't know when they first did character models and concept art, but let's say, I don't 3 years (standard time for a lot of game, but could be earlier, I have no idea. Don't know anything about it).

Meanwhile over in Megatron Origins, (released in 2007) he has the same basic alt mode as used for the combiner wars megs, different deco, same basic proportions, and he has tread kibble in same transformation pattern. Not sure if he was a tank in origins, or more APC / turret less tread thing (been a while since I read it) but his body, head, limbs are basically the same as the combiner wars figure, with minor detail differences.
    The combiner wars toy (and his Armada variant/redeco) was released in 2015.
    So i don't the earth wars connection.

I assumed after reading the IDW comics where Megatron has those diagonally folded up treads on his back (same transformation as the toy, the angle is quite specific) that the combiner wars toy was based on that? Old G2 megatron didn't have that look, I've only seen it in the IDW comics, and that specific toy.

Thanks for clarifying about the CURRENT megatron (MTMTE) and having a cybertronian alt mode, I'd read the comments that the art had not been shown in the book yet / not transformed (presumable because of how megatron...*changed his ways* without giving spoilers and I have read all of MTMTE as well as like 99% of everything IDW following his different art styles and interpretations, and the genuinely different stealth bomber alt mode was very cool.

I've also been looking at all megs IDW looks for an upcoming blog post, so your points of clarification are very helpful thanks in helping me see the larger picture! :D 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see the treads a bit clear in the below pic from Megatron when he was pit-fighting on Tarn (well I assume it was still Tarn, it was a flashback scene to the origins pre-earth arrival, pre civil war)

[​IMG]

What do you think of that new 3P megs based on the MTMTE design? Looks really nice, very tempting to get that one. And the new Mp 2.0, gotta get that!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  17. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    MMC have confirmed the harpoon accessory is indeed PSX's mold, they can do nothing about it regarding a stand alone release unless PSX is willing to make it available themselves.

And given they have no incentive to do so due to it being an incentive for purchases of Carnifex from them I'd wager the only way its ever going to be available outside a Carnifex purchase from PSX is if PSX decides to include it with the Carnifex upgrade set as well.

Even if other sellers get the upgrade set its likely to not include the harpoon accessory since its specifically psx's thing.

18. elj

elj Well-Known Member

This also arrived in my box today. Haven't had a whole lot of time with him yet, but he sure looks impressive. I love the plastic they used on his chest.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    c/o HarrisLoureiro Films

• Like Like x 9
  20. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?