Mastermind Creations Carnifex (Overlord)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CZ Hazard, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I hadn't heard of a more G1 looking Hexatron by the way; can anyone link a pic of that?

2. rkg123

rkg123 Well-Known Member

It's up on planetsteelexpress - hope it's a good place to order from because I just put in a preorder there. Do they get their MMC stuff faster or all retailers pretty much equal? No idea what the scoop is there.

Way more excited than I thought I'd be for this as I haven't been buying much at all the last year. Woo! Something to look forward to!

3. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Been available for a long time R-01C Terminus Hexatron Continuum - Planet Steel Express

New g1 helmet, new g1 chest wings, new g1 rifles, no swords, metalic surface treatment etc.

People had the same complaints way back with hex and the vent lines are nowhere near as noticable in hand. But it is certainly an artistic thing I wish cassy would evolve his techniques from. He's so talented and its just one of his habits I wish he'd be more self consciously aware of. He's gotten better at proportions, engineering, smarter more efficient uses of parts etc. But those darn surface details of his, they are still screaming for more variety, more imagination. I wish everything he did got the same treatment grif gave to the feralcons; where he heavily revised much of the original cassy design and the figures ended up so much better off in the end.

4. draconious380

draconious380 Well-Known Member

As I understand things Hexatron Continuum was a response to requests for a more G1 Hexatron and to Clonedroid's KO, never a planned repaint/remold per say, though I could be wrong.

While they have shown that Carnifex has the slots for potential Godmasters they haven't announced anything yet, though several members theorize they will be sold later possibly with a more G1 head, otherwise they haven't announced anything.

Finally to hell with Fanstoys ;) 

5. bullettrain

bullettrain Master Investigator

News Credits:
    With the PSX Preorder now up, the question is whether to preorder there or at Premium Collectables. PSX may have extra goodies and I've had no complaints with their service, but with the increased cost of US to AUD conversion, as well as postage hikes. The difference is nearly $100 AUD!!

I think this time, Premium Collectables looks like the way to go.

EDIT: Premium Collectables won out. As much as I like PSX, I like not paying crazy shipping fees as well!

6. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That's my dilemma it's like a premium masterpiece chug. I like simplicity in my toys so not sure who he will fit in with. Maybe the ego by shelf with Stepper?

7. The New Guy

The New Guy Well-Known Member

This really does look brilliant, and MMC haven't let me down for really high end quality yet. I'm just hoping to find some news of an alternate head, I'm really not a big fan of 'big lips' Overlord.

8. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

All I know is this thing is gonna look amazing with feral and nero rex's backing it up.......

9. griffn29

griffn29 Well-Known Member

wow, this toy sure is big.

10. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    This thing's neat but it doesn't work with my MPs and it's out of my usual price range. It's not a priority right now but if it's still available a year from now I may get it.

11. dasdoktor

dasdoktor Pharma who?

How long does MMC usually take from preorder to sale? I have like 6 of their products and I bought them all post-preorder.

12. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

Usually you can add a few months to the pre-order expected arrival date. That said this one looks almost done so they might be pretty close to spot on.

13. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

Preorders usually get delayed around 3 months.

14. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Where are the $99 preorders?

15. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nowhere?

16. godotislate

godotislate B Gata H Kei

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure that MMC would like to release this mold more than once, but I'm guessing any plans for that are tenuous and sales-based.

They haven't done the grey-test-shot limited-release since Hexatron, so I think that's unlikely. As for a more "accurate to G1" version, Hexatron Continuum came out about a year and a half after the original, so I'd guess if MMC were to do something like that with Carnifex, it might be similarly way out in the future.

I think the highest likelihood for remolds in the short-term are con "exclusives." Since the planned release for this figure is July, there's a chance they might do a special colorway for TFCon Toronto. (Whether that's all-black, or whatever, who knows. Or maybe the TFCon exclusive will be a glow-in-the-dark Anarchus.) And if not Toronto, then maybe TFCon Chicago or Singapore later in the year. But expect the prices for those repaints to be higher than the regular figure.

17. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

Basically this. They haven't done a convention exclusive of the last couple releases (Spartan/Commotus or Anarchus) but that's not to say they won't. It'll be interesting to see what comes out over the TFCons coming up.

18. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

It's with the free Omnigonix Spin-Outs, lol.

19. BAD187

BAD187 Banned

That's the beggiest thing I hate about mmc, that and the upper legs and crotch plates. Wtf is up with all their bits having the shittiest upper legs in tf history? I hope they don't fuck up the mmc om defensor with that bs. Where the fuck is mmc defensor btw?

20. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

Hmmm, those richly textured MMC surfaces. Keep it up MMC, love it.