Mastermind Creations Carnifex (Overlord)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CZ Hazard, Sep 28, 2013.

1. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    id say its a plank, but im not in charge here.
    if you could move the wings/fins to the outside of the 'plank' it would actually still kinda look like the jet mode pictured below.
    [​IMG]

2. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A plane/tank hybrid.

Like ROTF Megatron.

3. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Can anyone show some screen shots in alt and bot mode. Wondering if this is highly stylized or if it will fit in with star saber. Never matched masterforce but thinking of getting star saber but only if they go well together. So far I think it may be stylized more than I'd like but I need help please from members who are more familiar with this character.

4. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    i like it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    It isn't "stylized", and to me this was not meant to be fit in with MPs or there aesthetics at all (I believe they used star saber as a height comparison only - though I'm sure MMC won't complain and will take your money either way. They don't care where you display it).

This is IDW Overlord. So it's style is a representation of that (those beautiful beautiful lips!). But the way he still looks similar to his G1 counterpart (size wise as well), you may be good to go :) 

6. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    Why do people keep wanting this to look good with Star Saber when they were 2 totally separate shows? That aside, can't wait to get this guy in hand. I'm fine with IDW or masterforce style heads because i like them both. If MMC gives us options that will be even better.

7. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Agreed. Not only does he look like SixShot, but he looks like SixShot in my minds eye - not the shat artwork from the 80's, nor like the G1 toy brick.

8. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Be nice if they added a joint or two in the legs so they don't look like shit in wolf mode

9. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. I think Hex is a great design but it's a bit dated. Wolf mode sorely needs additional articulation, the robot hip ratchets force an unnatural 'A' stance, and those interior knee flaps really should have had a 2nd hinge to fold downwards (KO version did this..).

I still love my Hexatron but he doesn't wow me like he used to.

10. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Clonedroid wowed me with that ko and i love it for the $100 i paid. Plus all those accessories too

11. unicron nemesis

unicron nemesis Collector + Photographer

News Credits:
  12. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MMC has always been one of my favorite companies and I've supported them from their days of the Steampunk Transformers, but their Six Shot is a total disappointment. How can you utilize today's engineering and still come up with alt modes that are worse the the original? Yuck, I sold that thing off pronto.

13. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    For some reason the more I see of this the less I want it....

14. NemesisAngel

NemesisAngel Well-Known Member

Their six shot was the reason I ever started buying products from MMC in the first place :D :D :D  He's definitely my MP sixshot. Can't wait for Seraphicus, Carnifex, and especially Kultur.

15. Predacon

Predacon Well-Known Member

A plead to all geewunners/cartoon only fans:

This is IDW Overlord. It would be cool if Giga and Mega are included but this is meant to represent IDW Overlord.

Please don't spoil it for everyone by demanding stuff like pink painted faces and removing painted highlights so it looks G1 - This is not G1, this is IDW.

Thanks

16. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Yeah, but please stop calling this IDW as well. IDW Overlord has a well defined plane mode (see the comics), and you can see the example in Iron Factory's legends scale figure.

Please don't spoil it for everyone who still wants the real IDW Overlord (who knows, maybe Maketoys will make one someday). This is Casey Sark's Overlord, which is somewhat inspired by IDW, but not really.

17. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

There is zero segregation in my detolfs.

I wont stand for it. All bots must be able to coexist based on their own merits.

18. bullettrain

bullettrain Master Investigator

News Credits:
    I think you're losing a bit of perspective. Just because something isn't 100% accurate, does not mean it isn't based off of a particular source material or character homage. Everyone has their own interpretation and opinions, and that's fine. Though in my mind, much like how Spartan is the IDW version of Impactor, this will be the IDW version of Overlord. No figure is going to be 100% to everyone's taste (see Maketoys Trash-Talk), but until another version comes out, this guy is pretty damn close.

Another point, there is the possibility of multiple versions of this mold coming out, like Terminus Hexatron. So there may be a super accurate version down the line, who's to say?

19. NemesisAngel

NemesisAngel Well-Known Member

I'm going to laugh if they (as I'm hoping) do release this with dark masterforce blue. Then we'll know.

20. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    No one is losing perspective here. The problem is that it's like saying everything is relative. But the color blue is blue, no matter what anyone says. And the reason why people are asking for powermasters, etc is partly due to this thing lacking a real identity i.e. is it G1? Not really, but there's a base mode. Is it IDW? Not really, but the tank looks close enough.

It's impossible for multiple versions of this mold coming out. It will be an extensive remold. The jet mode for the IDW version is really quite far from this. And people like you is still not addressing the big elephant in the room i.e. do you think the Iron Factory one is closer to the IDW one or this?

Btw, I am not saying this looks terrible. I am just saying this is not IDW either. If this is really IDW, and everything is relative, then people that says that this is G1 should be allowed to say the same thing since everything is ... relative.