Masterfirce and Victory

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by setsuna, Jan 13, 2019.

1. setsuna

setsuna Well-Known Member

so its probably my 4th time or so giving masterfirce and victory a try... I cant for the life of me get pass the first episode...

Is it worth grinding through the two series?

Do i need to watch Masterforce to care about Victory?

Can i just jump to Victiry cuz Starsaber and deathsaurus look much cooler than the characters of masterforce? Will I miss anything?

Are the two series worth watching?

2. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Personally, I love Masterforce. It's my favorite of the three. The characters are all fantastic, and I loved the unique take on Headmasters and Godmasters. You don't need to watch it to understand Victory, no. Minerva and Ginrai both show up in Victory, but as long as you basically know who they are, you should be fine. I found Victory's plot and characters pretty boring though. The designs are great, an interesting halfway point between Transformers and Brave, but that's really all it has going for it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I'm with you. Masterforce is an all around good cartoon.
    Victory, I wouldn't say is boring, it's pretty tedious to get through early on. I do think the show improves later in the series, though.

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Masterforce is basically a stand-alone series. It started off like a reboot that they backpedaled from midway through. But basically until the episode with the shoehorned Headmasters cameo that added nothing to the story except to create an artificial connection to previous series, it was like a whole new universe with completely unrelated history.

5. Arvegtor

Arvegtor Aerialbot

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Masterforce is quite different from other TF cartoons and it has a slow start, but eventually gets better and introduces some nice characters. While it's not one of my favorite series, it's very popular among people who have seen it on TV in the 90s. Victory is more like the G1 cartoon, and while it can work without Masterforce, some moments would be way better after seeing it. I had to force myself through the beginning of Masterforce, and I don't regret it.

6. setsuna

Headmasters cameo?

Like Chromedome? I loved the Headmaster series! :D 

7. setsuna

Pushed myself to episode 7

This shows growing on me!!

Its kinda like G Gundam... as soon as i forget about the fact that this is called a Transformers show and watch this as a standalone anime, its a pretty awesome show :D 

8. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

I need to re-watch Masterforce after I finish Headmasters. I recall really enjoying it, but not many specific details except that it had a very slow start and then became pretty awesome. Hopefully that's still the case~

9. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

I love Victory, but I still need to finish Masterforce.

10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Once they get to Ginrai it starts picking up. But until Ginrai it's a bit dull. He shows up episode 10 I think,(It's been awhile)

• Like Like x 3
  11. setsuna

Almost done the series with 10 episodes left to go!!

Ginrai is amazing!!! So cool to see the pioneer for Brave series shows! Once i got pas the Transformers name and its lack of relation, its fantastic!

I feel like the makers of the show didnt quite know what to do withit until Ginrai was worked in.

Animation is mostly top notch and is 1986 movie quality!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Master Force is probably in the top five of all Transformers media. It's has the typical monster of the week/search for the new thing pacing in the first third of its run before it finds its sea legs.

I amazed that someone hasn't retroactively reworked the show, if not just the Pretenders into modern G1 Canon as a Beast Wars spinoff. The origins of the seven Pretenders in the show fit rather well into a story where they are from the lost stasis pod from the Axalon.

Victory is almost unrelated to previous shows apart from a few guest stars like God Ginrai, Wheeljack, Minerva and Perceptor. It's very much monster of the week pacing up to the end, but it's still fun.

I probably wouldn't binge either show, they're not paced for that, but they're both worth watching.

• Like Like x 2
  13. setsuna

Wheeljacks in Victory!?

Thats an interesting idea and wudve worked great for an IDW take to tie in with Axalon crew.

It fits better if theyre left over maximals, especially being smaller than G1 bots and cons.

I wish they didnt push aside the pretenders as much after Ginrai showed up though

14. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Spoiler alert: in the Japanese Generation 1 (JG1 as you may see it often abbreviated), he survives the Autobot City battle, whereas he is very, very dead in the USA version of events.

15. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When you get done with masterforce make sure you watch "book of masterforce" on youtube. It fills in a lot of blanks and ties more into the G1 cartoon!

If you want a laugh check out the star tv dub. Ginrai is changed to be optimus prime and grand max is changed to be fort max from headmasters in a new body!

Victory is not as good as masterforce to me but is still ok to watch. They need to bring clipper back in the comics. Plus wait till you get to the farmer episode. You might do a spit take at what the farmer likes to do when he meets people!

16. Sixwing

Oh, I remember that. It's a bit of a surprise.

• Like Like x 1
  17. setsuna

Just watched the Form Liokaiser episode!

Definitely glad i watched masterforce first since its that much cooler when he shows up to save Star Saver!!!

18. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    So was Masterforce. Even moreso.

19. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Whatever you do don’t watch the... Malaysian dub. *shivers* but if you want laughs on how bad it is go for it

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sixwing

I started watching the Omni dub of HM. It is comedy gold.