Master Made ST-02 Titan sneak peak

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Starstriker, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Starstriker

Starstriker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure if this was posted, but I was drooling over the pics of SDT-04 Destruction Scorpion and I noticed the official pics show it standing next to Titan aka Metroplex. But Metroplex's head is smaller and he has two new guns on the shoulders.

sdt04-destruction-scorpion-13.jpg

sdt04-destruction-scorpion-14.jpg

sdt04-destruction-scorpion-15.jpg

No idea what the statue will look like, but I assume it will be something like Apollo.

2. Peter Bazooka

Peter Bazooka Monsterbot

I don't think that works as well as Apollo. His body is way too beefy for his tiny head.

3. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I wish to god mastermade would just release these figures with the normal sized smaller heads by default. I would jump on all of them in an instant if they did.

Dunno why the stupid goofy over sized heads got to be the default, its such a niche weird thing to do so why not make them the optional extra. bah

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hobo Prime

Hobo Prime Prime of Beards

News Credits:
    I have to agree with LazyAza, the designs with normal proportions would be phenomenal. Though I did pick up the Diabolus Rex, and it's freaking amazing, an ST set for it would be instantly bought.

5. Jordland

Jordland Well-Known Member

It'd be cool if they shipped with both but I'm happy they're doing their own thing. And complaining about it being niche is funny considering we're talking about buying and collecting high-end figures of giant robots. This whole hobby is niche, why not offer variety?

The whole point of the line is that they're super deformed. Hence the SD being in the produce line's name. Even with the smaller head the figure is still mostly SD with its squat, chunkier proportions.

6. Starstriker

Starstriker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Niche? Perhaps to you. But you seem to be forgetting a huge issue. Cultural differences. The people of Master Made are from Asia. Not sure if the designers are Japanese or Chinese. Given the amount of detail and aesthetic I am leaning towards Japanese designers.

The concept of Super Deformed originated in Japan as far as I know. In the past 16 years with the boom of the Internet, Japanese culture enthusiasts aka Anime fans, have been exposed to this phenomenon.

A very good example of this would be Pop Funko's super deformed figures. They are sold EVERYWHERE and they have huge heads. More importantly, they are very popular and very lucrative for Funko.

Just because you do not like it, does not speak for the rest of the world.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, I much prefer the SD proportions, and I think Titan... Looks kinda terrible without them. Apollo worked, but Titan? Nah.

8. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Because SD styling/proportions on TFs are a niche that they own and are cleaning up in and the majority of their consumer base are fans of it. The extra cost of a pack in like that doesn't even make sense and that's why they made it an optional extra. I don't think you understand just how popular SD stuff actually is. You probably don't actually care outside of venting your preference, but if you ever care to take a look at stuff like Art Storm's ES Gokin line which are SD versions of popular diecast Super robot toys. They sell out just as fast if not faster than their SOC counterparts.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    You're talking about the general mainstream anime figure / mecha toy collector scene which you are deeply invested in and regularly exposed to.

I was specifically referring to the acceptance of SD proportions within the transformer community on its own which in my experience and given how rarely I see people with this line of figures seems to indicate that they are catering to a below average sized sub section of this particular fanbase.

But you're probably right anyway. Probably did just presume something over nothing due to my own preferences as I really can't stand SD urgh. Ah well I apologize, I'm sure the SD defaults have plenty of fans even around these parts. At the very least it would be super freaking rad if the out of the box singular purchase options for this line gradually adopted the big head + normal smaller head options in the one package.

I wouldn't bitch n moan about it so much if I didn't absolutely loooove the neo-classics / zoids inspired look of this line otherwise. Especially their Scorp n Tryp, holy moly are they gorgeously crafted things.

10. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    I have the Omega Supreme, and honestly, in person, it looks better with the default big head, because otherwise, the arms / legs are too big looking. It is either all non-SD, or full SD. I might still buy the Titan upgrades for the extra accessories, and time to time put the small head on, for a change.

11. BrooklynBombers

BrooklynBombers Well-Known Member

Are there any pictures of these guys compared to "normal" bots? I ran through the video reviews on youtube and didn't see any size comparisons. Kinda curious how they would look in a legends collection.

12. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

20170106_150042.jpg

13. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    some old pics i took when Titan was released, i think 2015?

DSC02900_zpsjpxlgqwp.jpg

DSC04524_zpswcsfxeto.jpg

Oh, and i took this pic a month or two back, but have changed it up a alot now. I probably have one closer up, but not online that i can access.

DSC07198_zpsdyyqorhy.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Wheeljoker

Quick and crappy phone pic. These are the only small bots I own

15. Wheeljoker

zfarsh did that way better for ya

• Like Like x 1
  16. BrooklynBombers

BrooklynBombers Well-Known Member

You guys are awesome.. thanks!

17. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I answered that as well before even bringing up other lines. Even if you had 0 personal experience with the stuff, it doesn't take much to say, "oh...these sell out as-is; people must like them. "

----------------

This is just a general seniment here but i really don't understand why people nag on the SD proportions of these rather than showing love to quality products in the same scale with regular proportions like iron factory stuff. The regular had on this is actually less proportionate as everything else on him is still thick and stumpy. Why is that favorable over requesting an IF Metroplex?

18. Wheeljoker

I just picked up my Apollo bust kit..only reason I wanted it was for the tracks and hoses. His head is perfect the way it is in my eyes

• Like Like x 3
  19. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    My favorite group is MM Titan (metroplex) with IF Windblade / Sixguns / Manacle (you can probably add prowl too). By far i love this set the most look wise, and they go so well together, if i had to sell all small figs, i would keep these and IF Arcee / Elita 1.

dont have decepticons, but if i did

I would love MM Trypticon the most, the looks soooo awesome and cute!!!

my sentiments too!!! But, the upgrade is too expensive i think, at least for my needs of those upgrade parts.

20. Wheeljoker

I kinda justified it as Apollo getting some new clothes. He was absolutely my favorite purchase last year. I just got Titan but he's not out yet. Looking forward to Destroy Scorpion even more