Master Made SDT Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Dobbie, Feb 6, 2021.

1. UltraMagnusLRLL

UltraMagnusLRLL Occasional Jam-Band Drummer

ISO Odin. Been on the prowl for him, but would rather buy 2nd hand from a fellow collector. If anyone around here knows of one for sale...

2. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anybody hear any rumors about what is coming next from these guys

3. CoRDS

CoRDS Well-Known Member

Master Made figures are some of my all time favs, i love the detail, the build quality , the little hidden things on each of them and that there is not a single visible screw on ANY of them (pins yes but no screws)

4. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I heard that too, which is a shame. I was always hoping they'd make a Unicron, do a Metroplex V2 (with better alt modes) and continue with the combiners after Devastator.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Are we still looking at May for the second batch of Devastator? Itching to get my hands on the guy.

6. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Omega23

Omega23 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Anyone have a MIB or MISB Apollo they are looking to offload? Seems to have run dry at retail.

Tf-robots.nl says “restock July” but could have been an old message from previous years.

Also searching for ST-02 (Scorp bust) and ST-04 (Fort Max bust)

8. Omega23

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I have a few leads, selfishly just trying to secure one first and I'll share but nothing cheap and they're all picky sellers depending on where you're located.

9. UltraMagnusLRLL

UltraMagnusLRLL Occasional Jam-Band Drummer

On the prowl for Odin. I've been keeping eyeballs on the BST groups on FB and here on the 2005 boards. Eventually I'll cave and just buy from overseas on eBay, tho I would much rather buy used from a fellow collector.

10. Omega23

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Odin's still in stock over at Robo Toy Base, but if you're not used to international shipping it might be a shock...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Omega23

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    OK I ended up getting one from Tony at Robo Toy Base... I was ordering other items in the line and just happened to ask as sometimes he can source figures from other places, or he'll let you know if he's aware of a restock. He offered me his personal one that he'd only opened once to take photos, and he didn't rip me on price. Stand up guy.

For anyone interested here's some of them on Carousell HK. Unfortuantely most of the sellers won't ship outside of HK so you'd need to use a proxy of some kind.

• Like Like x 1
  12. KoBeWaNnAbE

KoBeWaNnAbE Member

Fairly new to the Master Made Transformers line here, and looking to collect them all from ground zero! It appears many of them are listed on ebay, is there any reason to avoid that channel? Feels like ebay is on everyone's "avoid if you can" list @@"

I also noticed that bust (ST line) seems to be harder to come by than the actual figure (SDT line), is there a reason why? Sorry if my questions sound completely noob, but I literally just got into the game after my wife picked up their latest Demolisher release for my birthday lol

13. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club :)  I actually only recently got into MasterMade myself, and have since obtained all 7 (with Demolisher still in transit... come on FedEx!). I originally was planning to purchase most of mine from Robotoybase, as they often have stock that other companies seem to lack. In the end, I was able to purchase 5 of my figures from fellow TFW2005 members; I topped these off with Apollo from RTB and Titan from TFSource's reissue.

I think the ST line are harder to come by as they were produced in smaller quantities. I personally do not prefer them, as I feel like the super deformed look gives MasterMade bots charm, but I can understand why others like them. I think Scorponok and Fort Max's ST busts are quite difficult to track down now.

Currently, TFSource still has Titan in stock (both SDT and ST): link.
    TFSafari has Overlord in stock here.
    RTB sometimes has stock here. It's difficult to find which items are actually in stock, as their website is trash and sometimes takes forever to load. Their shipping costs are quite high as they don't factor that into the figure's price.

• Like Like x 2
  14. KoBeWaNnAbE

KoBeWaNnAbE Member

I was able to pick up Overlord from a local seller, and will definitely check out TFSoruce. I have tried RTB, but they don't seem to have ones I want at the moment. Omega Supreme, Trypticon, and Scorponok seem to be out of stock everywhere, and I am thinking about turning to ebay, should I beware of KO? Not sure if there are fake Master Made toys out there :( 

I also noticed that Master Made had a 2nd run on some of their earlier transformer release before, is it safe to assume that will happen with rest of the line?

15. Omega23

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Ah, wives and their later regrets hahahaha.

I haven't as yet located the busts for Scorponok or Fortress Max either, but I was guessing it's as @bakerjin has pointed out, that they lose a bit of their charm anyways so I'm not actively searching. If you do find any at retail please share (after you order of course!).

• Like Like x 2
  16. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

I've honestly never heard of KOs of Master Made products, so I wouldn't be worried about that. I'd be more worried of scam Chinese sellers, and you can go to this thread to see if a particular seller is trustworthy or not. Just be warned that many sellers with hundreds (or thousands) of positive feedback can eventually go rogue - they basically "cash out" and sell their account to a scammer, who then cuts his prices by 20-40% in order to get a big rush of buyers before running off with the money. I'd imagine that most people would open disputes, but there would be enough people without the knowledge or means to that the scammers get away with thousands of dollars.

Overlord is personally one of my favorites, though that's not often a common sentiment here. I find his transformations so satisfying even though I have no attachment to the G1 character (love his IDW incarnation though which is why I also have Carnifex to keep him company). His ST bust adds so little that it's an easy pass to me. The only ST busts that add enough accessories to possibly be worthwhile are probably Fort Max and maybe Omega Supreme, though OS's tubes have a habit of disintegrating in front of your eyes.

My least favorite to play with is probably Scorponok - he's definitely one of the most menacing and impressive figures for display value, but even with some tweaks his hips aren't strong enough to reliably support a lot of fiddling since his upper body is so heavy, and his transformation is a literal pain (too many damn sharp edges!). But even though he's my least favorite, I still love him - shows how much I enjoy this line, haha!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

Just to repost from the Apollo-specific thread:

199.0US $ |Transformation Toys SDT 03 20CM Omega Supreme Model FIGURES In Stock NWE|Action Figures| - AliExpress is a potential source for Apollo. I got one from there, eventually. They'll take a while to respond to you, take longer still to actually ship something (and might send it a way you didn't order because ???) but they did, eventually, get me one. It was pretty obviously used based on the condition of the box but the item inside was quite fine aside one ratchet joint having some give in it. So for anyone feeling desperate, worth a try.

18. ALEX JESSE

ALEX JESSE New Member

i just ordered my last missing MM-figure by aliexpress (sdt-07: Optimus Prime). My last gap to fill is scorponoks bust. But i think this gap will be a holy grail a long time from now on.

What do you think? Is the rumor true, that Master Made last figure was SDT-08?

19. KoBeWaNnAbE

KoBeWaNnAbE Member

I saw a comment from the SDT-08 thread that nothing is confirmed, but Master Made has no transformers in the pipeline planned at the moment and will be taking a break from that; maybe some original IP coming? With that said, I only recently finished my Master Made collection, hell yeah! Any clue why Scorponok and Fortress Maximus bust are so hard to come by? I picked them up at a "steep" cost, but my OCD just won't allow me to look at an incomplete set.

20. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    I would really like to see MasterMade make their own Deathsaurus and Starsaber most of all, tho a Predaking and SkyLynx would also be really rad.

So, until they close down, I’m keeping hope alive.